The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Free Speech

Message 91 of 244 (73 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Klan hoods are illegal in much of the country - antifa masks should be treated the same.

"Whay" do I suppose people have such a reaction? - because victimology has become a major industry and often an excuse for bad behavior.

I am not aware of any "slave chasing" lately. So, let's stick to our contemporary context.

If you want Antifa masks made illegal talk to you state representatives or your federal ones.

'Whay"?  Should we all start pointing out your numerous misspellings Too?

"Stick to contemporary context"?  You instructing others how and what to post now?

MIseker's spokesperson - the masks and hoods are equal under the law. If you'd like to correct my spelling, please feel free. I am suggesting that "slave chasing" is not an issue of "free speech". 

Is there anything else you'd like to offer on the subject of "free speech".

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 92 of 244 (94 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

MIseker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

It seems impossible to get an answer from MIseker, so I'll ask the writers of the above - Cassandra Santiago and Tina Burnside, what are your thoughts on "What do we want, dead cop..."? is that hates speech so not covered by free speech? And how about those Klan hoods vs masks and bandannas?

Why do you go to such great lengths and use never ending examples in trying to defend a white supremacist hate group such as the KKK?

There is no way a rational thinker could see any defense of anyone in the above.

Rational thinkers follow what logic you are trying to interject.  Klan hoods vs bandannas? yup..the Klan promotes hate, the bandannas go after the hate group. see? they are at opposite ends of the spectrum, but, you continue to compare the two, trying to equate them. you are, in most of your posts, telling people they must believe apples and oranges are the same. 

What do we want Dead Cops is pretty radical, but its not revolutionary, it reactionary. whay do you suppose people are have that kind of a reaction? could it be they are tired of cops victimizing them? I know to you thats another apples to apples but its not. its been going on since before the constitution allowed for southern militias chasing slaves. 

Klan hoods are illegal in much of the country - antifa masks should be treated the same.

"Whay" do I suppose people have such a reaction? - because victimology has become a major industry and often an excuse for bad behavior.

I am not aware of any "slave chasing" lately. So, let's stick to our contemporary context.

If you want Antifa masks made illegal talk to you state representatives or your federal ones.

'Whay"?  Should we all start pointing out your numerous misspellings Too?

"Stick to contemporary context"?  You instructing others how and what to post now?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 93 of 244 (97 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Richva wrote:

The thing about the right to free speach is that it is not the right to exercise it anywhere you wish.  If the students at a university do not wish to hear a certain speaker, that speaker has every right to walk to the nearest public space and continue the dialog.  

When Milo Yiannopoulos came out for man/boy sex, the conservatives un-invited him from THEIR convention but scream if he does not get invited to Berkely. Trump states flag burners should lose their citizenship. He claimed a speaker had no right to say Trump had not read the Constitution.  He has blocked anyone from his Twitter feed who disagree with him. He has repeatedly called for shutting down parts of the internet. He wants to stiffen libel laws to protect his thin hide. 

So, as usual, the conservatives want it both ways. No restrictions on when and where for the people with whom they agree but screams of "We need to be protected from this" for anyone who does not. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/a-brief-history-of-donald-trumps-mixed-messages-on-freedom-o...

If the students do not want to hear his words - no one is requiring their attendance.

Yes, we Conservatives do want it both ways - the right for anyone to say anything they want and the right for anyone to not attend such speeches that they do not want to hear.

Of course you ignore the parts of the law that you don't like. Yep, people can say what they want ........ on public property.  You can want anything, but there are those pesky laws that regulate things.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 94 of 244 (93 Views)

MIseker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

It seems impossible to get an answer from MIseker, so I'll ask the writers of the above - Cassandra Santiago and Tina Burnside, what are your thoughts on "What do we want, dead cop..."? is that hates speech so not covered by free speech? And how about those Klan hoods vs masks and bandannas?

Why do you go to such great lengths and use never ending examples in trying to defend a white supremacist hate group such as the KKK?

There is no way a rational thinker could see any defense of anyone in the above.

Rational thinkers follow what logic you are trying to interject.  Klan hoods vs bandanas? yup..the Klan promotes hate, the bandanas go after the hate group. see? they are at oppostie ends of the spectrum, but, you continue to compare the two, trying to equate them. you are, in most of your posts, telling people they must believe apples and oranges are the same. 

What do we want Dead Cops is pretty radical, but its not revolutionary, it reactionary. whay do you suppose people are have that kind of a reaction? could it be they are tired of cops victimizing them? I know to you thats another apples to apples but its not. its been going on since before the constitution allowed for southern militias chasing slaves. 

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 95 of 244 (97 Views)

Richva wrote:

The thing about the right to free speach is that it is not the right to exercise it anywhere you wish.  If the students at a university do not wish to hear a certain speaker, that speaker has every right to walk to the nearest public space and continue the dialog.  

When Milo Yiannopoulos came out for man/boy sex, the conservatives un-invited him from THEIR convention but scream if he does not get invited to Berkely. Trump states flag burners should lose their citizenship. He claimed a speaker had no right to say Trump had not read the Constitution.  He has blocked anyone from his Twitter feed who disagree with him. He has repeatedly called for shutting down parts of the internet. He wants to stiffen libel laws to protect his thin hide. 

So, as usual, the conservatives want it both ways. No restrictions on when and where for the people with whom they agree but screams of "We need to be protected from this" for anyone who does not. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/a-brief-history-of-donald-trumps-mixed-messages-on-freedom-o...

If the students do not want to hear his words - no one is requiring their attendance.

Yes, we Conservatives do want it both ways - the right for anyone to say anything they want and the right for anyone to not attend such speeches that they do not want to hear.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 96 of 244 (109 Views)

Fishslayer777 wrote:
This last post is classic fertile ground for authoritarianism. If you don't see that.... your blind.

ill put it this way..i dont see it. so you say im blind. right? if you want me to see it, you are going to have to point out FIRST what post, then explain. otherwise, you are just protesting someone free speech here, and adding an insult. I mean its par for the course with all of us. yet.....

So it begins.

Message 97 of 244 (106 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Rational thinkers follow what logic you are trying to interject.  Klan hoods vs bandanas? yup..the Klan promotes hate, the bandanas go after the hate group. see? they are at oppostie ends of the spectrum, but, you continue to compare the two, trying to equate them. you are, in most of your posts, telling people they must believe apples and oranges are the same. 

So it begins.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 98 of 244 (109 Views)
@Mlseker

I hope that just a defensive answer, because it's seems fairly obvious that I'm not against free speech, but I am wary of one group accusing another of lying so much people are killing themselves. That is the language and pattern of authoritarianism to demonise the Jews. It's tantamount to hate speech that created the holocaust.

Hate is not a Christian virtue, neither is liberal sanctimony

Message 99 of 244 (116 Views)

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 100 of 244 (113 Views)

MIseker wrote:

Fishslayer777 wrote:
This last post is classic fertile ground for authoritarianism. If you don't see that.... your blind.

does that mean you are against free speech?

Is that really your interpretation of the post - or are you just playing games?