Start Here or Call 844-222-0104 to Urge Your Senator to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Fix is in - Trump to pick Lieberman for FBI

[ Edited ]
Message 21 of 38 (101 Views)

@mickstuder,

We sort of agree on one point so let me get that out of the way.

A modified Israeli Security and Military Model should be followed by The United States; I am not so sure Americans would feel comfortable with the military walking the streets en masse with their high powered weaponry. Especially since there has been an increasing incidence of mass shootings and vehicle terror that has been perpetrated by Veterans who have returned from duty and maybe needed help that the military didn't recognize prior to their discharge. Scores of civilians have died at the hands of these unfortunate guys.

As to your other points, you say one thing in one paragraph and say the opposite in another paragraph.

First, you say, and I quote "U.S. tax payers spend billions on aid to Israel-all kinds of aid-military-humanitarian-scientific-agricultural-THEY DON'T NEED IT".

Then, you say, and I quote "No where do I advocate that Israel should receive No aid."

But then, you contradict yourself again in answering my first question about aid. But then later you say Israel doesn't need the money again.

Are you trying to create a subterfuge of confusion?

To me, shouting that they don't need any of the aids mentioned is the same as saying that they should receive NO aid. Please redefine it for me if I am wrong.

As to your supposed point about the White Supremacists, Klan, and Aryan Nations..... your McDonald's analogy is misplaced. Their view on Israeli aid, which is the same as yours, is a policy plank of these organizations......... where they eat a burger has nothing to do with that whatsoever.

As to your list of wars where you state Israeli participation would be a prerequisite for them being "our greatest ally", how have any of those wars turned out? What government heads Vietnam now? Are the pirates in Somalia gone? Are the Taliban wiped out in Afghanistan after years of conflict against both the United States and Soviet Union? Haiti, Dominican Republic, Lebanon.... are all wastelands due to our intervention. You didn't mention Laos where 50 million pounds of our bombs lie buried underground and still kill women and children every year.

You would want Israel to take their limited amount of military forces and spread them out over the world. That would be like signing their death sentence. Again, you have views here that are close to those of the various hate groups in the United States regarding Israel.

The 1948, 1967, and 1973 conflicts I mentioned were attempts to wipe Israel of the face of the earth. The afore mentioned Israeli military won those conflicts in spite of long odds. What you meant by the United States not VETOING these conflicts doesn't make any sense.

As to military weapons.... you blame Israel for selling weapons that are used against Americans............... you do know WHOSE WEAPONS that ISIS is using now against Americans and others, don't you?

That's right... good old "Made In The USA" weaponry.

In the Middle East region, if you think any other country has the well being of the United States as a policy OTHER THAN ISRAEL; you are sadly mistaken. Even Saudi Arabia, a supposed close ally, treats their women with disdain and sent the 9/11 terrorist here to our shores.

Treasured Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 22 of 38 (122 Views)

nctarheel wrote:

mickstuder wrote:

Again, my concern over US/Israeli relations has always been transparent and consistent - US Tax Payers spend Billions on Aid to Israel - all kinds of aid - military - humanitarian - scientific - agricultural - THEY DONT NEED IT - we spend more per capita on Israel then any other country in the World and yet not one Israeli Soldier has ever fought side by side with Americans fighting and dying in any Middle East Conflict - as a Vietnam Veteran I find this Offensive - as a US Tax Payer I find it Offensive

You can say anything you want about anyone or anything as long as it doesn;t involve anything critical about Israel or anyone who has any Jewish Heritage

Every other poster here has a concern that Leiberman is a politician and they don't want a politician in this position. With that I agree.

From your title to your talking points, you concentrate on the fact Leiberman is of Jewish descent and therefore, unqualified for the position.

I don;t concentrate on those facts - you do 

Your points that Israel can afford to receive NO aid from the United States and that Israel has never fought along side the United States are points used regularly by the White Supremacist, Klan, and Aryan Nation groups throughout the United States.

1. No Where do I advocate that Israel should receive no US Aid

2. White Supremacists - Klan and Aryan Nations also eat at Mcdonalds and buy things on Amazon from LL Bean - whats the point?

So let me ask you a few questions.

(1) Would you continue to give aid to the Arab countries and discontinue aid to Israel?

No - Every Nation should receive US Aid based on need and that need should be based on a clearly defined & publicly available US Policy - not simply becuase their are a lot of people in the US Congress who are sympathetic for whatever reason

(2) What conflicts would you want Israel to have fought "along side" our military?

My issues here are multiple but they hinge on a basis of the Language & Conventional Wisdom that promelgates Washington - that Israel is our Greatest Ally in the Middle East - Allies demonstrate they deserve this title by doing typical Allied type things - like fighting and dying alongside Americans in many conflicts around the Globe that America has been involved in - Like Our Real Allies Below Have in the Past

- Great Britain - Australia - South Vietnam - New Zealand - Khmer Republic - Thailand - Laos - France - Brazil - Honduras - Belgium - Paraguay - Phillipines - Italy - Kuwait - Saudi Arabia - Canada - Dutch - Japan - Germany - Austria - Hungary - ETC

What wars? - Iraq - Afghansitan - Somalia - Korea - Libya - Lebanon - Dominican - Vietnam - Thailand - Zaire - Grenada - Panama - Hati - Bosnia - Kosovo - ETc

(3) Did the United States send troops when Israel was being attacked from all sides in the 1948, 1967, or 1973 conflicts?

Possibly not but this is part of the Game that both the USA and Israel play - Don't Ask Don't Offer - but the USA did fascilitate the illegal development of Israels Nuclear Capability and they did not Vigoroulsy Veto these conflicts at the UN 

(4) Why do you insert the Vietnam War into your narrative as, up until the conflict in Afghanistan, it was our longest war and had the same outcome that Afghanistan will probably have for us?  The United States has tried many times to be a nation builder in Iraq, Vietnam, Korea, Iran, and other states and the outcome is always the same.

Again, I fought in one of those American Wars and I have first-hand knowledge and experience of what it means to the US Military to have people from other countries who are willing to fight and die along side you - Israel is not one of those countries today and you will not see their names listed as involved in any of the dozens of conflicts mentioned above where the US Military fought with and were supported by all these other nations 

Israel is a Ally and as you say they do support us in specific situations - the current issue involving Trump outing their spy is just one -  but in my opinion one must do much more to deserve the Title - Our Greatest Ally - referring to  them in this way is disrespectful and deminishes the sacrifices made by  all these other countries who have sent their sons & daughters to fight & die along side American Soldiers 

One must do a tremendous amount more to earn the Billions of Dollars US Tax Payers take out of their own pockets and send to Israel - especially when Israel Does not Need the Money and Israel is one of the most prolific arms dealers in the world - how many US Soldiers have been killed by Military Weapons sold to our enemies by Israel?

Israel is just defending itself against those that have SWORN its extinction. To that end, they have one of the finest military organizations in the world and one of the finest intelligence communities in the world.

All True and I am on the record as using the example of the success of Israel's Domestic Security Programs as a model that should be followed by the USA including US Military on our Streets - National Borders and Protecting all our Ports of Entry 

The USA should also follow the Israeli Model and require every able bodied US male and female to serve in the US Military regardless of Political Connections or physical disability 

There are ways that this serves the United States that can not be quantified.

That is also True but if it can't be quantified then what is the rational or facts behind the Logic for giving them so much?

I'll tell you what it is - it's US Political Corruption 

( " Eat Tic Tacs - Grope Woman - Become President " ) " - Anonymous

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 23 of 38 (140 Views)
Fix is in - Trump to pick Lieberman for FBI

================================================

Not so fast...please!

A correct thread should read..

Trump says Lieberman one of his top picks for FBI - CNNPolitics.com
www.cnn.com/2017/05/18/politics/joe-lieberman-fbi-front-runner/
22 hours ago - Trump says Joe Lieberman one of his top picks for FBI job ...
Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 24 of 38 (141 Views)

mickstuder wrote:

Again, my concern over US/Israeli relations has always been transparent and consistent - US Tax Payers spend Billions on Aid to Israel - all kinds of aid - military - humanitarian - scientific - agricultural - THEY DONT NEED IT - we spend more per capita on Israel then any other country in the World and yet not one Israeli Soldier has ever fought side by side with Americans fighting and dying in any Middle East Conflict - as a Vietnam Veteran I find this Offensive - as a US Tax Payer I find it Offensive

You can say anything you want about anyone or anything as long as it doesn;t involve anything critical about Israel or anyone who has any Jewish Heritage

Every other poster here has a concern that Leiberman is a politician and they don't want a politician in this position. With that I agree.

From your title to your talking points, you concentrate on the fact Leiberman is of Jewish descent and therefore, unqualified for the position.

Your points that Israel can afford to receive NO aid from the United States and that Israel has never fought along side the United States are points used regularly by the White Supremacist, Klan, and Aryan Nation groups throughout the United States.

So let me ask you a few questions.

(1) Would you continue to give aid to the Arab countries and discontinue aid to Israel?

(2) What conflicts would you want Israel to have fought "along side" our military?

(3) Did the United States send troops when Israel was being attacked from all sides in the 1948, 1967, or 1973 conflicts?

(4) Why do you insert the Vietnam War into your narrative as, up until the conflict in Afghanistan, it was our longest war and had the same outcome that Afghanistan will probably have for us?  The United States has tried many times to be a nation builder in Iraq, Vietnam, Korea, Iran, and other states and the outcome is always the same.

Israel is just defending itself against those that have SWORN its extinction. To that end, they have one of the finest military organizations in the world and one of the finest intelligence communities in the world.

There are ways that this serves the United States that can not be quantified.

Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 25 of 38 (149 Views)

Afisher--Really unsure as to how I feel about Lieberman, but an apolitical personage would certainly make all sides feel more confident.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!

Message 26 of 38 (154 Views)

fangoh45 wrote:

mickstuder wrote:

Are you kidding me?

I told you the Israeli Fix was coming 

Lieberman who works for a Law Firm who has defended Trump 

Lieberman who turned Traitor to his own Democarts 

Lieberman who complained about all the Shenanigans involving Lobbyists while in the Congress

Became a Lobbyist the minute he left the Congress 

Lieberman who has little to no prosecutorial or investigative experience

Lieberman who endorsed John McCain  

Whats that leave - well for one thing it leaves - David Friedman another partner in the same firm as Lieberman who was just tapped for Ambassador to Israel 

Source - http://www.timesofisrael.com/trump-says-joe-lieberman-is-front-runner-for-fbi-chief/

Admit it. If Jesus Christ himself, was somehow summoned and appeared, the left would find fault after fault about him to fit into their shallow, biased agenda.

It would be nice if the same unreasonable crudentials were applied to any issues involving Democrats. Oh, wait, the Dems would never be involved in such shenanigans, correct?

Only if he asked US Tax Payers to fund his Crusaders........................BTW - the last Crusades in his name were an effort to kill all Muslims and anyone else who refused to pay homage to the Pope

Message 27 of 38 (154 Views)

nctarheel wrote:

mickstuder wrote:

Are you kidding me?

You should count your lucky stars that he didn't win the Vice-Presidency years ago.

After all, where would his allegiance lie..... with Israel or with The United States of America?

It would have been like that Kennedy guy...... Catholic, I believe......... didn't know whether he handled the CUBAN MISSILE CRISIS for the United States of America or for that POPE guy in Rome.

Whoa...... there were two Kennnedys in the administration back then........... the USA must've been heavily under the influence of the Catholic Church from 1960-1963.

Well, you don't have to worry about that anymore.... they're all gone.

And, as a footnote, you should be also counting your lucky stars that, by the hair of our chinny chin chin, we almost had a Mormon President.... lucky the vote counters couldn't get it right. Would've probably moved the National Capital to Utah.

The Israeli fix.........................................What an outrageously Anti-Semitic point of view.

Of course - we've had this conversation - multiple times - and it's always the same charge anytime anyone makes any kind of a comment that could be twisted into a Pretzel to try and support a conspiracy theory that someone is demonstrating Anti-semitic views 

Basically, the Conventional Wisdom is this 

Fact 

1. Trump revealed to our Enemy the Russians enough information for anyone on the planet to figure out Trump was talking about Israel having a spy deeply imbedded in Syria who was sending back actionable intelligence about a imminent threat 

2. Trump plans a Trip to Israel 

3. Trump appoints an associate from the Law Firm who has represented him multiple times to be the US Amassador to Israel 

4. Trump is on the verge of appointing a former Democratic Senator who has a history of lying and doing whatever is necessary to save his own skin and to enrich himself as FBI Director 

5. The USA sends more Military Aid to Israel than all the other countries in the World except one 

The US sends over 3 Billion in US Tax Payers money to Israel Every Single Year 

The US sends Egypt 1 Billion Every Single Year 

These two total - 75% of the US Military Aid to Foreign Countries 

The US also sends even more Billions of US Tax Payers Money to Israel - in fact so much that it actually represents a subsidy to every Man Woman & Child Living in Israel that is equal to over $3k each 

6. All this American Tax Payers Support for Israel who is one of the Worlds Most Prolific Military Arms Dealers 

In 2015 Israel sold 6 Billion in Military War Making Arms to other countries around the Globe 

If you really want to be surprised Google a list of the Countries Israel sells Military Equipment too

Source - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defense_industry_of_Israel

http://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-sold-5-7-billion-in-military-hardware-in-2015/

Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 28 of 38 (156 Views)

mickstuder wrote:

Are you kidding me?

Lieberman who works for a Law Firm who has defended Trump 

Lieberman who turned Traitor to his own Democarts 

Lieberman who complained about all the Shenanigans involving Lobbyists while in the Congress

Became a Lobbyist the minute he left the Congress 

Lieberman who has little to no prosecutorial or investigative experience

Lieberman who endorsed John McCain  

Whats that leave - well for one thing it leaves - David Friedman another partner in the same firm as Lieberman who was just tapped for Ambassador to Israel 

Source - http://www.timesofisrael.com/trump-says-joe-lieberman-is-front-runner-for-fbi-chief/

Admit it. If Jesus Christ himself, was somehow summoned and appeared, the left would find fault after fault about him to fit into their shallow, biased agenda.

It would be nice if the same unreasonable crudentials were applied to any issues involving Democrats. Oh, wait, the Dems would never be involved in such shenanigans, correct?

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 29 of 38 (155 Views)

A Politician has NO place as the Leader of OUR highest Law Enforcement Agency in the Nation. The Far Right has gone too far !!!

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 30 of 38 (152 Views)

If Lieberman gets selected, we should all remember that he was the selected to be vice president in a previous election as a Democrat, an then decided that he was not going to support Obama and sided and voted with Republicans.
So,  how is he going to act.? As far as I can see. 50/50 according on how he sees issue, I don't think that it will be wise for the Senate to actually give too much credence to anything regarding Lieberman.