Start Here or Call 844-222-0104 to Urge Your Senator to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 5,404
Registered: ‎05-16-2009

Re: Fix is in - Trump to pick Lieberman for FBI

Message 1 of 38 (100 Views)

mickstuder wrote:

 

NOTE: The US President Just Gave Billions in Military Arms to a State (Saudi Arabia) He Himself Has Condemned Multiple Times as supporting the Masterminds of 911) 

 

What Message Does That Send to Israel and the Rest of the World - The USA under Trump and a Republican Majority in the US Congress - is going to once again re-define US Foreign Policy as the USA being back in business as a Global Arms Dealer and Fascilitator of Armed Conflict as way means to settle conflict - Good Luck To Us All     

 


AGREED!!!!!!!!!!

 

I found one thing we can agree on....... that's a start.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Posts: 6,701
Registered: ‎09-08-2009

Re: Fix is in - Trump to pick Lieberman for FBI

Message 2 of 38 (110 Views)

nctarheel wrote:

mickstuder wrote:
 

Israel needs and deserves some American Aid


"Every Nation should receive US Aid based on need and that need should be based on a clearly defined & publicly available US Policy"

 

At one point Australia has over 7000 Soldiers in Vietnam fighting & Dying along side Americans - but they started out in 1962 with only 70 Australian Soldiers in Vietnam - you send what you can - Certainly Israel could send 70 Soldiers but the never send even one anywhere American Soldiers are sent to fight - even it it's in their own backyard 



 


Now that Trump has promised a 350 BILLION dollar arms deal to Saudi Arabia; how might you think the status quo will be kept in the Middle East?

 

Should the U.S. also act as an arms dealer to Israel?

 

Your point about the Australians and South Koreans is well taken except for two items that you forgot add into your equation when thinking about Israel's situation.

 

1.) The Australians are not surrounded on three sides by countries looking to push them into the sea and wipe the country of the face of the Earth.

2.) The South Koreans have the pleasure and protection of having over 28,500 American military troops from all the services stationed within their borders; Israel does not.

 

To attempt to spread out Israel's military in any way whatsoever would be fatally detrimental to the safety of that country. It is an argument only used by those that look forward to the destruction of Israel.

 

For the U.S. to supply Saudi Arabia with the "latest" and "greatest" military arms calls for the same to be offered to Israel. After all, where do you think the Saudis may use these weapons????

 

 


It's not worthwhile to attempt a meaningful conversation with you on this subject - a year or two ago we were having a similar conversation and at that time you were attempting to counter my argument that the Reason Israel has no US Military Presence on it's shore is because the Israeli Government Won't Allow it 

 

At that time it was brought up that - all year round there are US Naval Ships - Submarines - Aircraft Carriers - Destroyers - All Docked in Haifa Israel 

 

In fact, The US 6th Fleet acts as a de facto - Escort Service - for all Marine Traffic heading in and out of Israeli Ports and throughout Mediterranian & Red Seas 

 

The Issue here is as it always has been - Your accusations of Anti-semitism against me - they are unfounded and flat out incorrect........................

 

Again, my concerns are two-fold - is the current level of Israeli Funding paid for by US Tax Payers necessary and Whether or not the current amount is transparent to the US Tax Payers paying the bill and can those amounts be audited and defended - it's my position - they can;t - Because like with Trumps Taxes - The Total Funding Package to Israel is a Secret......................

 

That should raise Red Flags for every American  

 

My Second oft-stated concern is why No Israeli Soldiers fight & die along side American Soldiers if Israel is going to be referred to as Our Greatest Ally in the Middle East 

 

US Presidents go to Countries around the world lying wreaths and paying respect to the fallen soldiers in whatever Country they visit - a tribute to the commitment of the Citizens of these countries who have been willing to send their sons & daughters to fight & die for Freedom & Democracy along side Americans in wars all over the World 

 

NOTE: The US President Just Gave Billions in Military Arms to a State (Saudi Arabia) He Himself Has Condemned Multiple Times as supporting the Masterminds of 911) 

 

What Message Does That Send to Israel and the Rest of the World - The USA under Trump and a Republican Majority in the US Congress - is going to once again re-define US Foreign Policy as the USA being back in business as a Global Arms Dealer and Fascilitator of Armed Conflict as way means to settle conflict - Good Luck To Us All 

 


Sources 

 

http://www.c6f.navy.mil/tags/israel

 

http://www.timesofisrael.com/can-israel-become-a-maritime-power/

 

 

 

 

 

 

( " Eat Tic Tacs - Grope Woman - Become President " ) " - Anonymous

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 5,404
Registered: ‎05-16-2009

Re: Fix is in - Trump to pick Lieberman for FBI

Message 3 of 38 (127 Views)

mickstuder wrote:
 

Israel needs and deserves some American Aid


"Every Nation should receive US Aid based on need and that need should be based on a clearly defined & publicly available US Policy"

 

At one point Australia has over 7000 Soldiers in Vietnam fighting & Dying along side Americans - but they started out in 1962 with only 70 Australian Soldiers in Vietnam - you send what you can - Certainly Israel could send 70 Soldiers but the never send even one anywhere American Soldiers are sent to fight - even it it's in their own backyard 



 


Now that Trump has promised a 350 BILLION dollar arms deal to Saudi Arabia; how might you think the status quo will be kept in the Middle East?

 

Should the U.S. also act as an arms dealer to Israel?

 

Your point about the Australians and South Koreans is well taken except for two items that you forgot add into your equation when thinking about Israel's situation.

 

1.) The Australians are not surrounded on three sides by countries looking to push them into the sea and wipe the country of the face of the Earth.

2.) The South Koreans have the pleasure and protection of having over 28,500 American military troops from all the services stationed within their borders; Israel does not.

 

To attempt to spread out Israel's military in any way whatsoever would be fatally detrimental to the safety of that country. It is an argument only used by those that look forward to the destruction of Israel.

 

For the U.S. to supply Saudi Arabia with the "latest" and "greatest" military arms calls for the same to be offered to Israel. After all, where do you think the Saudis may use these weapons????

 

 

Treasured Social Butterfly
Posts: 6,701
Registered: ‎09-08-2009

Re: Fix is in - Trump to pick Lieberman for FBI

Message 4 of 38 (131 Views)

nctarheel wrote:

@mickstuder,

 

We sort of agree on one point so let me get that out of the way.

 

A modified Israeli Security and Military Model should be followed by The United States; I am not so sure Americans would feel comfortable with the military walking the streets en masse with their high powered weaponry. Especially since there has been an increasing incidence of mass shootings and vehicle terror that has been perpetrated by Veterans who have returned from duty and maybe needed help that the military didn't recognize prior to their discharge. Scores of civilians have died at the hands of these unfortunate guys.

 

As to your other points, you say one thing in one paragraph and say the opposite in another paragraph.

 

First, you say, and I quote "U.S. tax payers spend billions on aid to Israel-all kinds of aid-military-humanitarian-scientific-agricultural-THEY DON'T NEED IT".

 

Then, you say, and I quote "No where do I advocate that Israel should receive No aid."

 

But then, you contradict yourself again in answering my first question about aid. But then later you say Israel doesn't need the money again.

 

Are you trying to create a subterfuge of confusion?

 

I don't know what the first word means and if you're confused I apologize - my wordsmithing ability has never been one of those skills I could ever turn a profit on.........................

 

Israel needs and deserves some American Aid - The point I attempted to make when I said - "US Tax Payers spend Billions on Aid to Israel" - "THEY DONT NEED IT" -  was meant to be - juxtaposed with the Billons Amount 

 

To me, shouting that they don't need any of the aids mentioned is the same as saying that they should receive NO aid. Please redefine it for me if I am wrong.

 

No Country That Receives US Aid should continue to simply have a COLA
added on to last years aid figure - every single year without some kind of a - Comprehensive Review of how where and for what purpose the money is being used and if it's now in 2017 simply a - supplementing the Israel Government budget so Israeli Citizens don't have to pay higher taxes themselves 

 

In the same post - I went on to say...................

 

"Every Nation should receive US Aid based on need and that need should be based on a clearly defined & publicly available US Policy - not simply becuase their are a lot of people in the US Congress who are sympathetic for whatever reason"

 

 

 As to your supposed point about the White Supremacists, Klan, and Aryan Nations..... your McDonald's analogy is misplaced. Their view on Israeli aid, which is the same as yours, is a policy plank of these organizations......... where they eat a burger has nothing to do with that whatsoever.

 

Again, just because you can find a few things that multiple people have in common - does not make everything those people believe do or say for the - the same reason ...........aren't you trying to use that same Logic against me - if I criticise Leiberman - you conclude it's because I'm Anti-semetic - If I criticise the amount of money US Tax Payers send to Israel - it's because I'm Anti-semetic - well if it's that easy to group individuals into categories - then if a WhiteSupremacist buys merchandise from LL Bean - doesn;t tham mean everyone who buys from LL Bean must be a White Spremacist?

 

As to your list of wars where you state Israeli participation would be a prerequisite for them being "our greatest ally", how have any of those wars turned out? What government heads Vietnam now? Are the pirates in Somalia gone? Are the Taliban wiped out in Afghanistan after years of conflict against both the United States and Soviet Union? Haiti, Dominican Republic, Lebanon.... are all wastelands due to our intervention. You didn't mention Laos where 50 million pounds of our bombs lie buried underground and still kill women and children every year.

 

You would want Israel to take their limited amount of military forces and spread them out over the world. That would be like signing their death sentence. Again, you have views here that are close to those of the various hate groups in the United States regarding Israel.

 

IF thats what you think I mean - I'm not sure why the same argument cannot then be used to discontinue the US Policy of being the Worlds Policeman?

 

Australia and South Korea provided Military Support on the ground in Vietnam - At one point Australia has over 7000 Soldiers in Vietnam fighting & Dying along side Americans - but they started out in 1962 with only 70 Australian Soldiers in Vietnam - you send what you can - Certainly Israel could send 70 Soldiers but the never send even one anywhere American Soldiers are sent to fight - even it it's in their own backyard 

 

The 1948, 1967, and 1973 conflicts I mentioned were attempts to wipe Israel of the face of the earth. The afore mentioned Israeli military won those conflicts in spite of long odds. What you meant by the United States not VETOING these conflicts doesn't make any sense.

 

Sure it makes sense - you act like Israel could not have been prevented from fighting any of these wars - like the US and the UN could not have prevented Israel from illegally developing a Military Nuclear Capability - The 1948 - 1967 & 1973 Israeli Military Capability was no where near what it's Military Capability is today and the USA could have squashed Israel like a Flea either Militarily or with Sanctions in the 60's & 70's 

 

As to military weapons.... you blame Israel for selling weapons that are used against Americans............... you do know WHOSE WEAPONS that ISIS is using now against Americans and others, don't you?

 

That's right... good old "Made In The USA" weaponry.

 

In the Middle East region, if you think any other country has the well being of the United States as a policy OTHER THAN ISRAEL; you are sadly mistaken. Even Saudi Arabia, a supposed close ally, treats their women with disdain and sent the 9/11 terrorist here to our shores.

 

No Kidding Well Someone Should Tell Trump & His Supporters - Because I Just Saw the US President doing a Sword Dance in Saudi Arabia after giving the Saudi's the Opportunity to buy Billions of US Military Weapons.....................I think most informed individuals no what that means - 

 

1. Israel will now need access to a equal amount of additional US Military Weaponry Because................................

 

2. FUNFACT - A charter member of the Arab League, Saudi Arabia has supported Palestinian rights to sovereignty, and called for withdrawal from the West Bank and other territory occupied by Israel since 1967.

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

( " Eat Tic Tacs - Grope Woman - Become President " ) " - Anonymous

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 29,276
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: Fix is in - Trump to pick Lieberman for FBI

Message 5 of 38 (145 Views)

mandm84 wrote:

KIDboy says - " Not so fast...please!

A correct thread should read.."


Trump says Lieberman one of his top picks for FBI - CNNPolitics.com
www.cnn.com/2017/05/18/politics/joe-lieberman-fbi-front-runner/
22 hours ago - Trump says Joe Lieberman one of his top picks for FBI job ...

 

I say " enough said for playing politics at the highest level of Law Enforcement ".

 

It's like the Republicans latest healthcare mess of a bill cutting 880 BILLION from Nursing Home Care and then telling us the Senate will clean it up , but their bill was good enough for the House ???

 

More Far Right Crap !!!


I understand that Lieberman is not a spring chicken but I fail to see the connection between his possible appointment and nursing homes.

 

Or was it just the desire to type "More Far Right Crap!!!"??

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 4,743
Registered: ‎07-27-2011

Re: Fix is in - Trump to pick Lieberman for FBI

Message 6 of 38 (158 Views)

KIDboy says - " Not so fast...please!

A correct thread should read.."


Trump says Lieberman one of his top picks for FBI - CNNPolitics.com
www.cnn.com/2017/05/18/politics/joe-lieberman-fbi-front-runner/
22 hours ago - Trump says Joe Lieberman one of his top picks for FBI job ...

 

I say " enough said for playing politics at the highest level of Law Enforcement ".

 

It's like the Republicans latest healthcare mess of a bill cutting 880 BILLION from Nursing Home Care and then telling us the Senate will clean it up , but their bill was good enough for the House ???

 

More Far Right Crap !!!

Frequent Social Butterfly
Posts: 214
Registered: ‎10-13-2014

Re: Fix is in - Trump to pick Lieberman for FBI

Message 7 of 38 (169 Views)

KidBoy2 wrote:
Fix is in - Trump to pick Lieberman for FBI

================================================

What fix?

Not so fast...please!

A correct thread should read..


Trump says Lieberman one of his top picks for FBI - CNNPolitics.com
www.cnn.com/2017/05/18/politics/joe-lieberman-fbi-front-runner/
22 hours ago - Trump says Joe Lieberman one of his top picks for FBI job ...


Which is it? Does the prez want to keep us guessing again?

 

"President Trump said Thursday that Joe Lieberman was his top choice to become FBI director, ...speaking to a group of television anchors at the White House Thursday, (Trump) said that Lieberman, the former senator from Connecticut and Democratic vice presidential nominee, is his leading candidate to run the agency."

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/05/18/trump-joe-lieberman-is-top-contender...

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 18,597
Registered: ‎02-14-2008

Re: Fix is in - Trump to pick Lieberman for FBI

Message 8 of 38 (176 Views)
Fix is in - Trump to pick Lieberman for FBI

================================================

What fix?

Not so fast...please!

A correct thread should read..


Trump says Lieberman one of his top picks for FBI - CNNPolitics.com
www.cnn.com/2017/05/18/politics/joe-lieberman-fbi-front-runner/
22 hours ago - Trump says Joe Lieberman one of his top picks for FBI job ...

Respected Social Butterfly
Posts: 20,385
Registered: ‎06-09-2010

Re: Fix is in - Trump to pick Lieberman for FBI

Message 9 of 38 (166 Views)

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

Albion61 wrote:

afisher wrote:

    The only question:   Will the GOP ignore everything and instead adopt their current SOP of "Putting their party ahead of the well being of  Country"?  

 

    Republican Senators that are up for re-election are already being targetted for the Party Over Country via AHCA .   

 

     Putting a politician in a position that should not be political has been the current regimes SOP, aka Sessions.   Party over Country.   


Senator Sherrod Brown has a well-reasoned opinion why Mr. Lieberman is not qualified to head the FBI.

 

"Joe Lieberman has no real law enforcement credentials...Look where he works now, a Trump law firm," Brown said."

 

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2017/05/sherrod_brown_on_joe_lieberman.html#incart_river_in...


We really don't NEED a political wonk leading the FBI...keep politicians out of law enforcement.  Different skill set.


I couldn't agree more.  My choice would be Ray Kelly who has the law enforcement experience and leadership to head the FBI.


Kudo for agreeing with me and admitting it.   Smiley Wink

 

I prefer Adam Lee, FBI special agent-in-charge, Richmond, Virginia and Andrew McCabe, acting FBI director, but Kelly wouldn't be a horrible choice.


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 10,808
Registered: ‎06-07-2010

Re: Fix is in - Trump to pick Lieberman for FBI

Message 10 of 38 (176 Views)

Centristsin2010 wrote:

Albion61 wrote:

afisher wrote:

    The only question:   Will the GOP ignore everything and instead adopt their current SOP of "Putting their party ahead of the well being of  Country"?  

 

    Republican Senators that are up for re-election are already being targetted for the Party Over Country via AHCA .   

 

     Putting a politician in a position that should not be political has been the current regimes SOP, aka Sessions.   Party over Country.   


Senator Sherrod Brown has a well-reasoned opinion why Mr. Lieberman is not qualified to head the FBI.

 

"Joe Lieberman has no real law enforcement credentials...Look where he works now, a Trump law firm," Brown said."

 

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2017/05/sherrod_brown_on_joe_lieberman.html#incart_river_in...


We really don't NEED a political wonk leading the FBI...keep politicians out of law enforcement.  Different skill set.


I couldn't agree more.  My choice would be Ray Kelly who has the law enforcement experience and leadership to head the FBI.