Congress Agrees on a Tax Bill. What Does Proposed Tax Bill Mean for Older Americans? Learn More.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Ex-SC Police Officer Sentenced to TWENTY Years

Message 1 of 12

Centristsin2010 wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

afisher wrote:

Every now again, the justice system works and this is one of those cases.   YEA!!!!!!!

I agree....sort of.

Clarence Habersham remains a free man and may cover up / hide evidence / remain silent protecting other "Blue".  These cops are just as bad, IMO, aiding and abetting criminals.

Criminals in blue with a badge and a gun.

And that, my friend, is the REAL problem, one that many very good people refuse to discuss, or want to address.  They as cops just turn their heads and shrug.  I wish there was a way to determine how prevelant this is.  Any thoughts?

Until the majority of honest and honorable cops have a way provided for them to expose the criminals in their midst without fear of numerous kinds of "shunning" and retribution of all kinds - for honoring the mandates in the oath they took, it won't happen.

Given that racism, bigotry, dishonesty, and criminal corruption now crouches slavering in the Oval Office - supported by what has every appearance of being a secretly Putin supporting lying racist AG - the odds of fixing the problem are remote indeed...

Sadly, I agree and not very optimistic of much change.  Law enforcement must address this themselves and we don't hear of much desire to purge the ranks of this criminal behavior, sans Nerdy's post.  I'm afraid there may be more Dallas like attacks on Blue until someone takes the corruption seriously.

We CAN do better....

We MUST do better...

I suppose the question is whether the "blue line" is getting weaker - or stronger...

The Supreme Court Decision making it a First Amendment Right for all persons - citizen or "illegal" to record whaever occurs in public has gone a very long way - resulted in Slager's imprisonment - has exposed multiple law enforcement unlawful behaviors and resulted in suspensions, terminations, guilty verdicts and prison sentences...

The lawful right as well as technical ability of persons to record videos and stream those videos to cloud, where they cannot be accessed by law enforcement has also been an extremely good thing - but not a good thing for "bad" cops...

Guess the public - as a patriotic act in the interest of having the law properly applied - would be best advised to video and stream to cloud whatever they see occurring.

I do...       after all - deleting stuff that is lawful or inconsequential is so easy... 

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning
Report Inappropriate Content

Message 2 of 12

alferdpacker wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

afisher wrote:

Every now again, the justice system works and this is one of those cases.   YEA!!!!!!!

I agree....sort of.

Clarence Habersham remains a free man and may cover up / hide evidence / remain silent protecting other "Blue".  These cops are just as bad, IMO, aiding and abetting criminals.

And that, my friend, is the REAL problem, one that many very good people refuse to discuss, or want to address.  They as cops just turn their heads and shrug.  I wish there was a way to determine how prevelant this is.  Any thoughts?

Until the majority of honest and honorable cops have a way provided for them to expose the criminals in their midst without fear of numerous kinds of "shunning" and retribution of all kinds - for honoring the mandates in the oath they took, it won't happen.

Given that racism, bigotry, dishonesty, and criminal corruption now crouches slavering in the Oval Office - supported by what has every appearance of being a secretly Putin supporting lying racist AG - the odds of fixing the problem are remote indeed...

Sadly, I agree and not very optimistic of much change.  Law enforcement must address this themselves and we don't hear of much desire to purge the ranks of this criminal behavior, sans Nerdy's post.  I'm afraid there may be more Dallas like attacks on Blue until someone takes the corruption seriously.

We CAN do better....

We MUST do better...

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.

Message 3 of 12

Centristsin2010 wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

afisher wrote:

I agree....sort of.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 12

I remember when this happened and I remember a couple of posters here defending this cop, defending this cop shooting the guy in the back multiple times as he was walking away. Didn't say much for those posters then and it doesn't now. Wonder what they think of this conviction and sentencing?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"

Message 5 of 12

mandm84 wrote:

There is no place for corruption in police work and the few bad , tarnish the reputation of all.

Couldn't agree more.  Just wish the "few" could be quantified....how "few" is it?  Or is it more than a few?  As NerdyMom pointed out, if you have a corrupt leader, it filters down to the entire force.  Several pd's have been cited, Ferguson, Chicago, Baltimore, Cleveland, etc.  That doesn't equate to a "few" to me.  What do you think?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.

Message 6 of 12

alferdpacker wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

afisher wrote:

I agree....sort of.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 12

There is no place for corruption in police work and the few bad , tarnish the reputation of all.

Message 8 of 12

Centristsin2010 wrote:

afisher wrote:

I agree....sort of.

Message 9 of 12

afisher wrote:

I agree....sort of.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 12