Congress Agrees on a Tax Bill. What Does Proposed Tax Bill Mean for Older Americans? Learn More.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Eminem Lashes Out at Trump W/ Rap Video

Message 1 of 20

fangoh45 wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

I wholeheartedly agree with Eminem, and what he said - it's only the truth after all...

I'm reminded of Gottfried von Berlichingen - a famous knight known as Gottfried of the Iron Hand, who in the 1500s, after losing his right arm to a cannonball, made an iron mechanical arm and hand that could hold a shield or a quill - and continued to be a knight/warrior for a couple more decades, living to the age of 80.

When asked to surrender on one occasion - he made a response that lives on to this day known as "The Swabian Salute" - immortalized by Goethe, set to a canon written by Wenzel Trnka by his contemporary Mozart, and still to this day the essence of his response is uttered in one or another form by millions...

Look it up...

There is a youtube video of what was erroneously attributed to Mozart as KV233 - performed artfully by Cor Vivaldi that I heartily recommend - beautiful music...

To trump, those who voted for him, and all his followers and supporters - I enthusiastically and gleefully offer the Swabian Salute...

As great and wonderful as Gottfried von Berlichingen's heroics were, he doesn't hold a candle to the famous "Black Knight", who unfortunately...due to his battlefield injuries and loss of limbs was unable to offer the Swabian Salute or even tip his face shield.

Gottfried must have had a better PR firm.

Nope - PR is for right wing liars...

It's because Gottfried von Gerlichingen wasn't cowardly right wing scum.

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning
Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 20

fangoh45 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

fangoh45 wrote:

Yea, he sticks to his values as echoed in his lyrics, like Eminem's words below. Not sure how much of this will be acceptable. Hope the moderator understands these are the so called artist's actual lyrics. Not sure how much of this will be acceptable.

The left has their heroes while the right and others with values, have no admiration for same.

"My words are like a dagger with a jagged edge/That’ll stab you in the head whether you’re a F@# or lez/Or the homosex, hermaph or a trans-a-vest/Pants or dress, hate f@#$? The answer’s, “Yes”/Homophobic? Nah, you’re just heterophobic/Starin’ at my jeans, watchin’ my genitals bulgin’/That’s my mfin balls, you’d better let go of ’em/They belong in my scrotum, you’ll never get a hold of ’em”

Not enough space to list all his hateful words for homosexuals, Jews, blacks, etc..

I spoke only of him knowing what he had to lose, yet stood up to say his piece anyway, his past had nothing to do with it.  You should understand that, you voted for Trump despite his lies, his bankruptcies, his admitted groping of women, etc.

Why of course! We know, in the upside down, judgemental world of liberals, the past, only relevant to any and all on the right. The Clintons, the Weinstein's, the Eminem's, the Sharpton's, the Byrd's and on and on, learn from their outlandish behavior, while conservatives are cursed with the Scarlet Letter for the entire rest of their lives no matter how great the turnaround.

Name all the Republicans you THINK have had a "great turn-around" in their thinking over the last 50 years. You know, renounced racism, denounced nazi's, praised the workers, defended the poor, given aid to the sick - turned around from those neoRepublican dogmas.

Message 3 of 20

fangoh45 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

@fangoh45 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

I admire and respect those who have a lot to lose that stand up and raise their voices against things that they know are not right.

Emimem places his convictions and belief above the risk of losing a certain number of fans. My hat is off to him. Kaepernick and others have done the same and my hat is also off to them.

I agree 100%.  It's called sticking to one's values, guts, integrity.  We always can have more of it.  If only our prez had an ounce of it.

Yea, he sticks to his values as echoed in his lyrics, like Eminem's words below. Not sure how much of this will be acceptable. Hope the moderator understands these are the so called artist's actual lyrics. Not sure how much of this will be acceptable. There's a lot of art that I don't fancy, fang.  How about you?  Fact is, Eninem reaches millions of fans and interested person's and shared his anger and frustration at the president and his fascist views.  Meanwhile, trumps fans roll-over and say "good boy" and lick Ted Nugents boots.

First off, a basic understanding of the word "fascist" would help. Well there's part of the problem right there.  Many who don't know the meaning of a term will look it up themselves before attacking those who do understand the term.  Did you check in the topic about trump and the GOP's fascism?  Easy....  But hey, since you asked, I'll help.....

Fascism /ˈfæʃɪzəm/ is a form of radical authoritarian nationalism, characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and control of industry and commerce .

From Wiki.

Think Hitler, Mussolini

The left firing it about for impact without a hint of the true meaning. A ploy used oft ..hoping their words pulled out of-don't know where, will fall on uneducated ears.  Oh puh-LEEEEEZE!!!  At least know what the word means before attacking others for using a term they understand.

If indeed our sitting president was heading a fascist state and wielding  dictatorial powers, we'd be done with the train wreck (Obamacare).   LOL.  He tried.  But not everyone is a fascist, fang.  Not everyone gives in to the dictator-in-chief.   We would have a simpler and better tax system. The border wall would be expedited. There would be no illegal law breakers, having a refuge in Sanctuary cities or states. No kneeling during the national anthem. This list is not meant to be all inclusive!  Did you forget the Constitution is in his way?  DOH!

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 20

alferdpacker wrote:

I wholeheartedly agree with Eminem, and what he said - it's only the truth after all...

I'm reminded of Gottfried von Berlichingen - a famous knight known as Gottfried of the Iron Hand, who in the 1500s, after losing his right arm to a cannonball, made an iron mechanical arm and hand that could hold a shield or a quill - and continued to be a knight/warrior for a couple more decades, living to the age of 80.

When asked to surrender on one occasion - he made a response that lives on to this day known as "The Swabian Salute" - immortalized by Goethe, set to a canon written by Wenzel Trnka by his contemporary Mozart, and still to this day the essence of his response is uttered in one or another form by millions...

Look it up...

There is a youtube video of what was erroneously attributed to Mozart as KV233 - performed artfully by Cor Vivaldi that I heartily recommend - beautiful music...

To trump, those who voted for him, and all his followers and supporters - I enthusiastically and gleefully offer the Swabian Salute...

As great and wonderful as Gottfried von Berlichingen's heroics were, he doesn't hold a candle to the famous "Black Knight", who unfortunately...due to his battlefield injuries and loss of limbs was unable to offer the Swabian Salute or even tip his face shield.

Gottfried must have had a better PR firm.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 20

ChasKy53 wrote:

fangoh45 wrote:

Yea, he sticks to his values as echoed in his lyrics, like Eminem's words below. Not sure how much of this will be acceptable. Hope the moderator understands these are the so called artist's actual lyrics. Not sure how much of this will be acceptable.

The left has their heroes while the right and others with values, have no admiration for same.

"My words are like a dagger with a jagged edge/That’ll stab you in the head whether you’re a F@# or lez/Or the homosex, hermaph or a trans-a-vest/Pants or dress, hate f@#$? The answer’s, “Yes”/Homophobic? Nah, you’re just heterophobic/Starin’ at my jeans, watchin’ my genitals bulgin’/That’s my mfin balls, you’d better let go of ’em/They belong in my scrotum, you’ll never get a hold of ’em”

Not enough space to list all his hateful words for homosexuals, Jews, blacks, etc..

I spoke only of him knowing what he had to lose, yet stood up to say his piece anyway, his past had nothing to do with it.  You should understand that, you voted for Trump despite his lies, his bankruptcies, his admitted groping of women, etc.

Why of course! We know, in the upside down, judgemental world of liberals, the past, only relevant to any and all on the right. The Clintons, the Weinstein's, the Eminem's, the Sharpton's, the Byrd's and on and on, learn from their outlandish behavior, while conservatives are cursed with the Scarlet Letter for the entire rest of their lives no matter how great the turnaround.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 20

Centristsin2010 wrote:

@fangoh45 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

I admire and respect those who have a lot to lose that stand up and raise their voices against things that they know are not right.

Emimem places his convictions and belief above the risk of losing a certain number of fans. My hat is off to him. Kaepernick and others have done the same and my hat is also off to them.

I agree 100%.  It's called sticking to one's values, guts, integrity.  We always can have more of it.  If only our prez had an ounce of it.

Yea, he sticks to his values as echoed in his lyrics, like Eminem's words below. Not sure how much of this will be acceptable. Hope the moderator understands these are the so called artist's actual lyrics. Not sure how much of this will be acceptable. There's a lot of art that I don't fancy, fang.  How about you?  Fact is, Eninem reaches millions of fans and interested person's and shared his anger and frustration at the president and his fascist views.  Meanwhile, trumps fans roll-over and say "good boy" and lick Ted Nugents boots.

First off, a basic understanding of the word "fascist" would help. The left firing it about for impact without a hint of the true meaning. A ploy used oft ..hoping their words pulled out of-don't know where, will fall on uneducated ears.

If indeed our sitting president was heading a fascist state and wielding  dictatorial powers, we'd be done with the train wreck (Obamacare). We would have a simpler and better tax system. The border wall would be expedited. There would be no illegal law breakers, having a refuge in Sanctuary cities or states. No kneeling during the national anthem. This list is not meant to be all inclusive!

Message 7 of 20

Look it up...

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 20

fangoh45 wrote:

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"

Message 9 of 20

@fangoh45 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 20

Centristsin2010 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote: