What the Government Shutdown Means for You! Which Federal Government Services Will Be Affected? Read More

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Dump Trump

Message 1 of 14

xrepub wrote:

I think this is not disputable:

A vote for a Republican congress person gives Trump more power.

A vote for a Democratic congress person gives Trump less power.

You may have noticed that no one has stepped up to dispute it.

It is also the most important fact of the next election - does anyone care to dispute that?

The fate of America is in your hands. How will you vote?

I notice that none of our resident right wingers choose to dispute these facts.

Given these facts, the only way to justify voting for a Republican is to claim that Trump is good for the country.

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 14

I think this is not disputable:

A vote for a Republican congress person gives Trump more power.

A vote for a Democratic congress person gives Trump less power.

You may have noticed that no one has stepped up to dispute it.

It is also the most important fact of the next election - does anyone care to dispute that?

The fate of America is in your hands. How will you vote?

Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 14

@NerdyMom—I totally agree with you, and as this party allows trump to act and speak in a more and more abhorrent way, more people will begin to vote a straight ticket, with very few gravitating toward the immoral connotation of the R.

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 14

xrepub wrote:

It would be for the best if Trump were quickly removed via impeachment or the 25th amendment. Either of those are unlikely.

Impeachment would, however,  be likely if we can remove sufficient Republicans from Congress by voting as you suggested!

DUMP TRUMP AND MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 14

xrepub wrote:

NerdyMom wrote:

I agree.  I have never purposefully voted a straight ticket before. 

But these are crazy times.....

I have not intentionally voted one either, but I have never before seen an entire party grovel behind one man before either.

I do not wish to see the GOP destroyed because we need a loyal opposition to keep us in line, but the best chance to save the GOP is to show them the error of their ways quickly.

Me either.  Why aren’t Republican leaders condemning his statement en masse? Where is the leadership who states they want immigration reform, but Trump’s statements are racist, uncalled for, hurtful, and wrong?  

There is no leadership.  It’s a Faustian party. They’ve sold their souls....and for what? 

Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 14

@john258—Yes, absolutely no Rs—Remember to RESIST the evil that is sweeping across our land. You will know them—they have an R behind their names.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 14

NerdyMom wrote:

I have not intentionally voted one either, but I have never before seen an entire party grovel behind one man before either.

I do not wish to see the GOP destroyed because we need a loyal opposition to keep us in line, but the best chance to save the GOP is to show them the error of their ways quickly.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 14

As I have said before we need to act and the next election is about 10 months away. The first step we can take is NOT voting for anyone  with an R behind their name until the Reb. party gets rid of the far right which has taken it over. The far right has to be pushed back to a fringe part of any party. If the next congress is controlled by the Dem. it will put a block on what Trump can do, and that is step one.

Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 14

Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 14

@xrepub—ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!!