How Does Your Brain Score? Take the Staying Sharp Brain Health Assessment

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Donald commissions ship unfit for duty

Message 1 of 5 (25 Views)

afisher wrote:

That is a way to drive up the cost for zero reason....that may be the Art of the DEAL - screwing the taxpayer because those who are supposed to be performing due diligence are corrupt and will not get caught, when requirements are erased - as too cumbersome and time consuming, etc etc etc.

I'm told that sort of thing is good business practice.  Good for the bottom line, good for the shareholders.  Good for the board members.  Good for the CEO and the CFO and all the rest of the alphabetized upper management.  It's what they do, donchaknow?  It's their job.  Their loyalty, after all,  is to the 'company' donchasee? I'm told it has to be that way. You surely don't think it's 'right' to think they might be accountable to the taxpayer for just doing their job to the 'company'.....or do you?  That's harsh!  

These ARE the job creators after all. Keep in mind that you too can be saved if you only 'see the light'.  

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 5 (60 Views)

the Bloomberg video linked includes Donald yammering on about Defense Budget spending, that some here seem not to care about.    

If one reads information about how the military is being run or not run, there are articles in which the Defense Spending is not so much about how to be better at defending, but how to outsource much of the military.  

Then consider that all that spending will be no longer monitored in a way to cut down the waste or 'fake" bidding process, where one Corporation has bought up a myriad of small companies and then the small companies say that they are competing prices - when in fact they are not.  

Here is background:   https://theintercept.com/2017/03/21/revolving-door-military/

This is price gouging:   https://theintercept.com/2017/04/13/contractor-whose-business-model-is-price-gouging-the-pentagon-ha...

The rest requires people to perform a modicum of due diligence.   Click on an embedded link on TransDigm and then on the list of subsidiaries (34).   Then read the descriptors to ascertain how many of these companies describe similar products and how they could both bid on the same defense contract - and the fact that they are really the same company would never be considered when giving contracts.    That is a way to drive up the cost for zero reason....that may be the Art of the DEAL - screwing the taxpayer because those who are supposed to be performing due diligence are corrupt and will not get caught, when requirements are erased - as too cumbersome and time consuming, etc etc etc.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 5 (66 Views)

Oh, my...sloppy editing again.  About being born with the 'not me' syndrome,  I left [seems] where it shouldn't be. If you would be so kind...please take out [seems]...and take poor af off the hook about the IF you think thing....that's not for him, I know HE does, it's that other guy I had in mind.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 5 (72 Views)

I'm not sure of your point af.  The specifications for this carrier were put together and construction authorized long before 'the donald' had anything to say about it. 

True, he will undoubtedly try to take full credit and deflect any blame surrounding time for construction, cost over-runs, and corruption that determines who gets rich at taxpayer's expense. That's what he does. To be fair, that is what most politicians and most business 'persons' I know do without thinking. 

It's a good bet their fetal position before birth seems was standing, innocence graven on their face, arms crossed and fingers pointed everywhere but at themselves. 'Course, not having 'been there', I coundn't prove that......but I sure do think that is the way things are.

This thing was considered an absolute necessity.  Some folks who had the 'say so' sure thought it was. Probably wasn't for 'making deals' that put America First.  Given that that thing  IS an absolute necessity, I guess whatever it costs, we HAVE to pay.  I mean...consider the alternative. 

Seems to me our Citizens' health deserves equal consideration.  At least, that's what I think.  IF you think, what do you think?

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly

Donald commissions ship unfit for duty

Message 5 of 5 (93 Views)

Are his followers paying attention that the USS Gerald Ford will not be ready for duty for 4 years, which could be long after Donald is back at Trump Towers or that the cost to make that ship battle ready will cost additional funding to the tune of $780 M?  

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-17/aircraft-carrier-trump-will-celebrate-still-needs...

Please ignore that his Defense Budget will immediately return to the days of $640 / toilet.