Tell Congress to Oppose Any Tax Bill That Would Increase Taxes for Seniors! Take Action Now

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Desegregation/Intergration

Message 11 of 149 (398 Views)

alferdpacker wrote:

Not resolved.  

Bogus invalid rationalizations and assorted alt right lies have always been tainted by sophistry and thus have always been invalid.

Let's try this in a straight forward fashion, actually with regard to the topic.

Segregation is assignment by race - agreed?

Integration is assignment by race - agreed?

Desegregation is not assignment by race - agreed?

Rothbard opposed the assignment by race - agreed?

Let's see if we can address the topic straight forward without the asides "of alt-right, sophistry, bogus invalid rationalizations, etc.".

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 12 of 149 (415 Views)

rker321 wrote:

umbarch64 wrote:

Would you want me to count in all the posts in this thread how many time many posters have posted the definition of Desegregation/Integration?  I am sure that if you peruse the responses you will see the amount of times that someone has posted the definitions.
Posting the definitions of those words has proven to be a futile excercise.  because posters will not  clearly accept the fact of those definitions and will continue to put and interpret definitions of their own.

That is why I have posted that this thread should be closed, because it has become a joke and is useless.
There is nothing that you or anyone can post that will change a thing.

I do understand and I do agree about the futility thing.  There are specific posters with whom I 'have issues'.  I have little hope of changing what they are or how they view 'things'.  Other posters  who retain some degree of rationality may decide not to follow the example set by the posters with whom I 'have issues'. If that happens, that's a win.  IF they then vote, that's another win.  In politics, it's all about the audience...it always is. And this is a political forum. You want rationality, use rationality.  That, of course, is just the opposite of what the posters I refer to want to have happen.

Does that help? 

Treasured Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 13 of 149 (415 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

As is often the case, this topic has been driven far afield by those who put their agenda into any topic and those that see discussion boards as a place to have a fight.

To go back to the start, it was about nothing except the claim that Murray Rothbard was a racist because he opposed integration legislation. But he was also opposed to segregation so it would appear he really was not a racist.

Is there anyone who can disagree with that or can we consider the issue resolved?

Not resolved.  

Bogus invalid rationalizations and assorted alt right lies have always been tainted by sophistry and thus have always been invalid.

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 14 of 149 (424 Views)

As is often the case, this topic has been driven far afield by those who put their agenda into any topic and those that see discussion boards as a place to have a fight.

To go back to the start, it was about nothing except the claim that Murray Rothbard was a racist because he opposed integration legislation. But he was also opposed to segregation so it would appear he really was not a racist.

Is there anyone who can disagree with that or can we consider the issue resolved?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 15 of 149 (425 Views)

rker321 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

rker321 wrote:

umbarch64 wrote:

Would you want me to count in all the posts in this thread how many time many posters have posted the definition of Desegregation/Integration?  I am sure that if you peruse the responses you will see the amount of times that someone has posted the definitions.
Posting the definitions of those words has proven to be a futile excercise.  because posters will not  clearly accept the fact of those definitions and will continue to put and interpret definitions of their own.

That is why I have posted that this thread should be closed, because it has become a joke and is useless.

I have stated segregation is assignment based on race and integration is assignment by race.

Are we in agreement so far?

I have further agreed that desegregation is not government assignment by race.

Are we still in agreement?

Murray Rothbard and I were in favor of desegregation but opposed to segregation and integration for the same reason as described above.

Clear??

As to closing the topic, you can close it for your purposes any time you want - just scroll.

Not one tiny little bit.  and as far as closing this thread, the authority to do so, belongs to the Moderator. as long as I conduct myself and follow TOS  I will continue posting my opinion on this thread.

O.K. fair enough. Which of the three statements do you disagree with.....and some hint as to why might fit the mold of "discussion".

As to the Moderator - please read before typing a response, it will seem much more intelligent. Once again, you said you wanted the topic closed. I pointed out that scrolling is available to any of us. And then you say you will post as long as you want. All rather confusing. A hint, try just offering honest opinions rather than looking for offense or insulting.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 16 of 149 (425 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

rker321 wrote:

umbarch64 wrote:

I have stated segregation is assignment based on race and integration is assignment by race.

Murray Rothbard and I were in favor of desegregation but opposed to segregation and integration for the same reason as described above.

Clear??

As to closing the topic, you can close it for your purposes any time you want - just scroll.

Not one tiny little bit.  and as far as closing this thread, the authority to do so, belongs to the Moderator. as long as I conduct myself and follow TOS  I will continue posting my opinion on this thread.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 17 of 149 (425 Views)

rker321 wrote:

umbarch64 wrote:

Clear??

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 18 of 149 (429 Views)

umbarch64 wrote:

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 19 of 149 (435 Views)

You will all have differing opinons, and will all speculate about motives of the 'other'.  So be it.

I have given you definitons of the respective terms by an authoritative source.  No political party, ideology or any special interest is getting in the way.  Desegregation is a pre-requisite to elimination of segregation.  Desegregation is also a precursor and a prerequisite to integration.  By definition, IF IN ANY WAY desegregation has failed, segregation still exists.  By definition, IF IN ANY WAY segregation STILL exists, desegregation has not happened.  Equality under the law does not exist if segregtion does, therefore, to achieve that equality, we must be an integrated Nation.  There is no valid reason 'why' this should not be done and no valid excuse for not doing it.

Frank Sinatra and Doris Day popularized a song called "Love and Marriage".  You probably remember it.  Although it expressed admirable sentiments of the day, it did not accurately represent either Reality or Truth. It is abundantly clear you CAN have either without the other.  

You cannot have either desegregation or integration without completely eliminating segregation.  That IS both the Reality of it and the Truth of it. The cosequences of effective desegregation in a social context WILL discomfort those who are 'closet' segregationsists.  That too is the Reality and the Truth of it.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 20 of 149 (441 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

'Desegregation' / 'Integration' ...................... in general racists oppose both.

But if a person opposed to them also opposed segregation, how does that fit your formula?

That is because of the accomodating interpretation of those words.
Like for example.  Desegregation. the assignation of jobs.  Ha Ha. what a definition. the apropriate one is: Desegregation is the REMOVAL of the laws.   as you can see, anything can be interpreted as whateve the individual wants to take the discussion. which at this time has become quite boring because of the inability to aceept the proper definition of terms.