AARP's Response to Trump Administration’s Decision to Discontinue Paying Federal Cost-Sharing Reductions. Read Here

Super Social Butterfly

Re: Desegregation/Intergration

Message 141 of 149 (393 Views)

I must admit I have never heard this exact distinction before.   

I never want to lose diversity.   It's like listening to a symphony instead of just one snare drum.   

Treasured Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 142 of 149 (401 Views)

pc6063 wrote:

Alferdpacker-You once again are correct! Thank you!!

It's been proved - crossbreeding as often as not results in favorable results in animals.

Same is true of humans - but our society is kind of sick and twisted and just can't manage to be rational, logical and scientifically objective...

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 143 of 149 (410 Views)

Alferdpacker-You once again are correct! Thank you!!

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Treasured Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 144 of 149 (418 Views)

There is only one race - the human race.

That's been true for over 150,000 years.

Geneticists say that today's Sapiens have always been genetically similar enough to earlier species for there to be a 90+% probability that they would be capable of  producing viable offspring with as many members of the species - Erectus, Habilis, Neanderthalensis, and Denisovans as could be produced with members of Sapiens - their own species.

Race is an artificial construct that has always been rooted in prejudicial discriminatory social inequities such as slavery, class and other entirely artificial constructs.

The genetic variance between any designated artificial constructs of "race" are identical in breadth to the variance across the entire species.

Science has recognized the fact that race is entirely an artificial social construct for over a century.  

Almost all societies are unfortunately wrongly lagging way way behind.

That's what evolutionary geneticists who know much much more about it than laymen say...  

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 145 of 149 (386 Views)

Olderscout-segregation is racist-to support desegregation, but not integration, is racist.

Different words-same bottom line!

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 146 of 149 (389 Views)

To desegregate is to remove the legal basis for the separation of the races.

To integrate is to bring together all segments of American society

To oppose integration is to demand the right to continue segregation as a "PERSONAL PERFERENCE". What neoRepublicans do not want anyone to notice is that retaining that right to exercise their "freedom of association" is something they demand extend to who their neighbors are, and who goes to school with their kids, and who they have to serve in their business, or who they have to hire.

The pathetic bottom line is opposition to integration is to continue segregation without the full force of law, and to deprive those discriminated against any legal basis for demanding their rights as citizens of the USA.

Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 147 of 149 (380 Views)

Integration:incorporation as equals into society or an organization of individuals of different groups ( as races)

Desegregation: is the process of ending the separation of two groups usually referring to races. This is most commonly used in reference to the United States

So now  your point?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 148 of 149 (380 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

On another topic, Murray Rothbard was accused of being anti-desegregation because he opposed integration. I identified with his position because back in the '60s I supported the efforts to desegregate but was appalled when LBJ took the move for desegregation and turned it into a push for integration.

To me the distinction is stark - any one else have thoughts?

Yes please clarify your statement?

Valued Social Butterfly

Desegregation/Intergration

Message 149 of 149 (352 Views)

On another topic, Murray Rothbard was accused of being anti-desegregation because he opposed integration. I identified with his position because back in the '60s I supported the efforts to desegregate but was appalled when LBJ took the move for desegregation and turned it into a push for integration.

To me the distinction is stark - any one else have thoughts?