Join the Summer of Service to SeniorsSM - sign AARP Foundation's banner

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Desegregation/Intergration

Message 1 of 149 (349 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

I'm not sure what that jumble is all about. The first part seems to be saying that opinions are not part of discussions. I feel that they are important where insults add nothing. HuH!!!!!!  I said, single opinions do not make an issue credible.

Then comes rather extensive defining of words much more broadly than is necessary for this discussion.Well, I liked them.and perhaps they were a little different than the myriad of definitions that this thread has seen.
Segregation, integration, desegregation. For the purposes of this discussion about Rothbard's meanings and whether or not he is a racist, the definitions are quite clear. HUH!! unclear response.

Sounds like you have really cranked up that merry-go-round.
That is so easy to do in this thread. I am really learning on similar tactics

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 149 (356 Views)

nctarheel wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

Opposing desegregation is supporting segregation, which is racist is nature.

Opposing integration is supporting segregation, which is racist in nature.

It's really that simple.

I wish the kudo button was enabled to be pressed multiple times because, @ChasKy53, you have summed up the 15 pages of discussion in two simple sentences.

You "HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD!!!!"

To try to explain the subject in any other way than your simple to read, simple to understand summation, is to add "alternative facts" to the mix.

Racist propaganda throughout the world tries to use subterfuge to explain their point of view while it is as simple as your two sentences.

Thanks for the analysis..... a true example of Occam's razor.

Well, if you want to put a smile on the face of Occam, it doesn't get any simpler than - Segregation is assignment by race; integration is assignment by race.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 149 (357 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

It's really that simple.

Simple - but wrong. Supporting desegregation (as Rothbard did) cannot be called racist. I would say that after 50 years since desegregation to assume a black person is incapable of making it without a white person or a government agency helping him is quite demeaning and I'd say - racist.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 149 (357 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

NerdyMom wrote:

Oh, we aren't treating black people like they can't make it.  We are acknowledging that white people can't be fair.   Huge difference.    This is all about white people.  OUR failure.   Always has been. 

Any government program that gives a person a job based on their skin color has to be based on the theory that they could not have gotten the job without such government intervention - very demeaning.

All the "white guilt" one feels cannot change that very basic truth.

To quote an old saying:

Payback is a  b i t c h  sometimes.

Confusing - as bumper sticker posts usually are.

Are agreeing with Rothbard that both segregation and integration are assignment by race? If so, are you accepting the fact that he was not a racist (the original point)?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 149 (359 Views)

rker321 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Let's try this in a straight forward fashion, actually with regard to the topic. A solitary view on this subject does not make it more credible.

Segregation is assignment by race - agreed?

Integration is assignment by race - agreed?

Desegregation is not assignment by race - agreed?

Rothbard opposed the assignment by race - agreed?

Wrong again, the word assignment is incorrect. in the definitions. that is the problem with the poster's definition.  

Let's see if we can address the topic straight forward without the asides "of alt-right, sophistry, bogus invalid rationalizations, etc.".
Of course when attacked with facts and examples they become ineligible for this discussion. 
Integregation:

Bring (people or groups with particular characteristics or needs) into equal participation in or membership of a social group or institution.

Segregation: 
Racial segregation is the separation of humans into racial or other ethnic groups in daily life. It may apply to activities such as eating in a restaurant, drinking from a water fountain, using a public toilet, attending school, going to the movies, riding on a bus, or in the rental or purchase of a home[1] or of hotel rooms.

Like I have stated the word  assignment does not even enter into the definition with the exception  in the mind of other posters. And yes the example of a sophist type of argument is quite obvious in this discussion and thread. Triying to make an argument valid by  incorporating  wrong semantics.

I'm not sure what that jumble is all about. The first part seems to be saying that opinions are not part of discussions. I feel that they are important where insults add nothing.

Then comes rather extensive defining of words much more broadly than is necessary for this discussion.

Segregation, integration, desegregation. For the purposes of this discussion about Rothbard's meanings and whether or not he is a racist, the definitions are quite clear.

Sounds like you have really cranked up that merry-go-round.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 149 (365 Views)

nctarheel wrote:

I wish the kudo button was enabled to be pressed multiple times because, @ChasKy53, you have summed up the 15 pages of discussion in two simple sentences.

To try to explain the subject in any other way than your simple to read, simple to understand summation, is to add "alternative facts" to the mix.

Racist propaganda throughout the world tries to use subterfuge to explain their point of view while it is as simple as your two sentences.

100+ responses have proven beyong any shadow that Chasky and practically all the other posters have a clear comprehension of the Definition  of the terms that we have been discussing. 
My question has been, how many times are we going to say the same over and over again, with the only goal is to respond to a single post?

Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 7 of 149 (374 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

It's really that simple.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 149 (378 Views)

It's really that simple.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 149 (378 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

NerdyMom wrote:

Oh, we aren't treating black people like they can't make it.  We are acknowledging that white people can't be fair.   Huge difference.    This is all about white people.  OUR failure.   Always has been. 

Any government program that gives a person a job based on their skin color has to be based on the theory that they could not have gotten the job without such government intervention - very demeaning.

All the "white guilt" one feels cannot change that very basic truth.

To quote an old saying:

Payback is a  b i t c h  sometimes.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 149 (377 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Let's try this in a straight forward fashion, actually with regard to the topic. A solitary view on this subject does not make it more credible.

Segregation is assignment by race - agreed?

Integration is assignment by race - agreed?

Desegregation is not assignment by race - agreed?

Rothbard opposed the assignment by race - agreed?

Wrong again, the word assignment is incorrect. in the definitions. that is the problem with the poster's definition.  

Let's see if we can address the topic straight forward without the asides "of alt-right, sophistry, bogus invalid rationalizations, etc.".
Of course when attacked with facts and examples they become ineligible for this discussion. 
Integregation:

Bring (people or groups with particular characteristics or needs) into equal participation in or membership of a social group or institution.

Segregation: 
Racial segregation is the separation of humans into racial or other ethnic groups in daily life. It may apply to activities such as eating in a restaurant, drinking from a water fountain, using a public toilet, attending school, going to the movies, riding on a bus, or in the rental or purchase of a home[1] or of hotel rooms.

Like I have stated the word  assignment does not even enter into the definition with the exception  in the mind of other posters. And yes the example of a sophist type of argument is quite obvious in this discussion and thread. Triying to make an argument valid by  incorporating  wrong semantics.