Start Here or Call 844-222-0104 to Urge Your Senator to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Desegregation/Intergration

Message 121 of 149 (279 Views)

rker321 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

rker321 wrote:

Although I have posted the definitions of both words, I am still waiting as to the point that the originator of this post is trying to do. I do believe, that it will be quite interesting.

It is fairly straight forward, here goes again - Segregation is the assignment of people to schools, jobs, homes, etc. based on their race. Integration is the assignment of people to schools, jobs, homes, etc. based on their race.

Each is assigning people based on race. Murray Rothbard was opposed to assigning people based on race, yet he was called a racist on another topic.

That is where you are incorrect.  You keep on changing the topic. the topic is Desegration/Integration  and not Segregation/Intergration.  Comprende now?\So let's go back to the original topic and post. Again, confusing the issue is always a way out.

Were you following the discussion rather than just looking for something to start a fight about you would have realized that it all started with Rothbard being called a racist for opposing integration and me pointing out that both integration and segregation are based on assignment by skin color.

And, as I believe I mentioned early on, the problem for me was when LBJ took the noble effort of desegregation and converted into integration - assignment by race.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 122 of 149 (279 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

NerdyMom wrote:

The first thing you learn in law school is that you don't have a right unless there is a remedy for a violation of that right. 

Desegregation and its brother integration are the remedies remedies to multiple violations of Constitutional rights for black people and other minorities. 

There is no question desegregation must occur to ensure Constitutional rights for all. But it has never been enough. Hence, integration policies that you seem to oppose. Did? Still do? 

Is there a better way to eradicate racism and its corresponding constitutional rights violations for many Americans?  Is it possible without government intervention?  If so, how?

A half century of that "remedy" - how is it working??

Again, Rothbard was quite doctrinaire in his opposition to State interference with the lives of people. So, assigning by skin color was opposed to his thinking.

As you can see, NerdyMom the upside down of your amazing post has begun. but don't despair, the confusion has just started. but, we all know that you were absolutely correct. 

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 123 of 149 (285 Views)

NerdyMom wrote:

The first thing you learn in law school is that you don't have a right unless there is a remedy for a violation of that right. 

Desegregation and its brother integration are the remedies remedies to multiple violations of Constitutional rights for black people and other minorities. 

There is no question desegregation must occur to ensure Constitutional rights for all. But it has never been enough. Hence, integration policies that you seem to oppose. Did? Still do? 

Is there a better way to eradicate racism and its corresponding constitutional rights violations for many Americans?  Is it possible without government intervention?  If so, how?

A half century of that "remedy" - how is it working??

Again, Rothbard was quite doctrinaire in his opposition to State interference with the lives of people. So, assigning by skin color was opposed to his thinking.

Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 124 of 149 (279 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

rker321 wrote:

Although I have posted the definitions of both words, I am still waiting as to the point that the originator of this post is trying to do. I do believe, that it will be quite interesting.

It is fairly straight forward, here goes again - Segregation is the assignment of people to schools, jobs, homes, etc. based on their race. Integration is the assignment of people to schools, jobs, homes, etc. based on their race.

Each is assigning people based on race. Murray Rothbard was opposed to assigning people based on race, yet he was called a racist on another topic.

That is where you are incorrect.  You keep on changing the topic. the topic is Desegration/Integration  and not Segregation/Intergration.  Comprende now?\So let's go back to the original topic and post. Again, confusing the issue is always a way out.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 125 of 149 (255 Views)

nctarheel wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Scads of meaningless words about Sapiens and cross breeding followed with fawning, "Yeh, me too". The usual personal insults, about "I doubt any will be offered". Yet the distinction is so easy if one would think beyond their need to insult or attack pols.

Segregation is the assignment of people to schools, jobs, homes, etc. based on their race. Integration is the assignment of people to schools, jobs, homes, etc. based on their race.

Rothbard, as an original Libertarian, opposes government action - period. Yet someone just had to bring him into the discussion as a tool to call President Trump a racist.

And yet, you still have not offered an explanation as to your statement on INTEGRATION.

You brought Rothbard into this thread's discussion in your original post. I don't know why you are complaining that he is part of the discussion since it was you that made him part of the discussion.

But your statement that you were "APPALLED AT INTEGRATION" does deserve an explanation.

It is really not all that hard if approached with an open mind. Rothbard opposed assigning people to schools, jobs, homes, etc. based on the color of their skin.

And that is the explanation it deserves. Now that does deserve an open mind.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 126 of 149 (247 Views)

rker321 wrote:

Segregation is the assignment of people to schools, jobs, homes, etc. based on their race. Integration is the assignment of people to schools, jobs, homes, etc. based on their race.

HUH!!!!!!! I never realized that those two words could be used as synonyms But I guess the question is about the difference between  Integration and Desegregation.  so, can we now stick to the subject matter?

"Synonyms"? - no, but related in that they both refer to assignment by race. And what is the "subject matter" you'd like to stick to?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 127 of 149 (248 Views)

rker321 wrote:

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 128 of 149 (247 Views)

Nerdymom- that's right! 

Your explanation is a bit loftier than mine,  but when I taught, I always told my students, which stats bear out,  that the quickest way to end racism is for people of all races,  nationalities,  and cultures to interact.

Racism is built on ignorance and fear,  and by interacting with all of the above those fears are eliminated.

yours is an intelligent voice of reason!  Thank you nerdy mom!!

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 129 of 149 (246 Views)

Amazing post, but of course I can just see how your well and knowledgeable post will be turned upside down.  don't despair we all know that you are correct and others are wrong.

Regular Social Butterfly

Message 130 of 149 (242 Views)