Join the Summer of Service to SeniorsSM - sign AARP Foundation's banner

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Desegregation/Intergration

Message 131 of 149 (236 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Scads of meaningless words about Sapiens and cross breeding followed with fawning, "Yeh, me too". The usual personal insults, about "I doubt any will be offered". Yet the distinction is so easy if one would think beyond their need to insult or attack pols.

Segregation is the assignment of people to schools, jobs, homes, etc. based on their race. Integration is the assignment of people to schools, jobs, homes, etc. based on their race.

Rothbard, as an original Libertarian, opposes government action - period. Yet someone just had to bring him into the discussion as a tool to call President Trump a racist.

And yet, you still have not offered an explanation as to your statement on INTEGRATION.

You brought Rothbard into this thread's discussion in your original post. I don't know why you are complaining that he is part of the discussion since it was you that made him part of the discussion.

But your statement that you were "APPALLED AT INTEGRATION" does deserve an explanation.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 132 of 149 (234 Views)

Segregation is the assignment of people to schools, jobs, homes, etc. based on their race. Integration is the assignment of people to schools, jobs, homes, etc. based on their race.

HUH!!!!!!! I never realized that those two words could be used as synonyms But I guess the question is about the difference between  Integration and Desegregation.  so, can we now stick to the subject matter?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 133 of 149 (228 Views)

Although I have posted the definitions of both words, I am still waiting as to the point that the originator of this post is trying to do. I do believe, that it will be quite interesting.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 134 of 149 (231 Views)

Scads of meaningless words about Sapiens and cross breeding followed with fawning, "Yeh, me too". The usual personal insults, about "I doubt any will be offered". Yet the distinction is so easy if one would think beyond their need to insult or attack pols.

Rothbard, as an original Libertarian, opposes government action - period. Yet someone just had to bring him into the discussion as a tool to call President Trump a racist.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 135 of 149 (273 Views)

nctarheel wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

On another topic, Murray Rothbard was accused of being anti-desegregation because he opposed integration. I identified with his position because back in the '60s I supported the efforts to desegregate but was appalled when LBJ took the move for desegregation and turned it into a push for integration.

To me the distinction is stark - any one else have thoughts?

@rk9152,

It seems that you have refused to explain what you call the stark distinction between desegregation and integration.

You said you were appalled at the push for integration.

Segregation is the separating of people because of race and integration is the mixing of people of different races.

If one is for segregation; then one is a racist.

If one is against integration, they, too, are racist.

It's that simple.

If you have some other way of seeing it; then please explain that to everyone.

Very well stated nctarheel and I would also like to hear an explanation but I doubt if one is offered.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 136 of 149 (276 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

On another topic, Murray Rothbard was accused of being anti-desegregation because he opposed integration. I identified with his position because back in the '60s I supported the efforts to desegregate but was appalled when LBJ took the move for desegregation and turned it into a push for integration.

To me the distinction is stark - any one else have thoughts?

@rk9152,

It seems that you have refused to explain what you call the stark distinction between desegregation and integration.

You said you were appalled at the push for integration.

Segregation is the separating of people because of race and integration is the mixing of people of different races.

If one is for segregation; then one is a racist.

If one is against integration, they, too, are racist.

It's that simple.

If you have some other way of seeing it; then please explain that to everyone.

Treasured Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 137 of 149 (285 Views)

I didn't start the thread.

I pointed out that "race" is a bogus artificial construct with no scientific basis whatsoever.

People can live in gated communities and try to hide from integration, but no matter what, the world will continue to become more genetically homogeneous as time goes on - the entire world will continue to become more and more"mongrelized" and short of killing everyone, it can never be stopped.

There is an Old Testament directive that only applies to the tribe of Jews.

The New Testament doesn't contain mandates to only marry within the tribe.

I've not researched other religious mandates and can't say...

Whether one likes it or not, interracial marriage is as old as mankind itself.

Genetically, there's absolutely no doubt - Neanderthal man interbred with the ancestors of Europeans and Asians due to the irrefutable fact that on average both modern living Europeans and Asians have about 2.5% Neanderthal genes.

100,000 years ago modern humans interbred with Neanderthals.  

Genetics proves it.

We also know that American Indians carry some Eastern European genes, some Neanderthal Genes and some Denisovan genes - but not the same genes that Europeans and Asians now carry today - genes that appear to have not continued in Europe and Asia.

You're correct, it's a silly and irrational fixation that needs to be left by rational and logical adults in the past where it rightfully belongs.

KAKISTOCRACY
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 138 of 149 (292 Views)

I am trying to get the relevance. Murray Rothbard died in 1995 and you are just now discovering his opinions or does this relate to anything?

When MLK was preaching and organizing there was a huge discussion of whether to go for desegregation in the south or forcing them to make good on separate but equal. 

Regardless, the path became desegregation. I think the nation is stronger for it but a decision had to be made. 

Now, why are we discussing this now? What is the point? I really do not understand the relevance.  Should we be arguing the pros and cons of internal combustion engines as well? 

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 139 of 149 (316 Views)

alferdpacker--How many of us, I wonder would not be here if people from differing lands did not produce progeny?  And, if this had not happened, how boring and how lost would we be?

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 140 of 149 (315 Views)

Nerdymom--What a beautiful way to describe a wonderful and diverse culture!

Gee, I miss having a real President!!