How Does Your Brain Score? Take the Staying Sharp Brain Health Assessment

Reply
Recognized Social Butterfly
Posts: 775
Registered: ‎02-12-2011

Re: Desegregation/Intergration

Message 1 of 138 (17 Views)

rker321 wrote:

umbarch64 wrote:

Would you want me to count in all the posts in this thread how many time many posters have posted the definition of Desegregation/Integration?  I am sure that if you peruse the responses you will see the amount of times that someone has posted the definitions.
Posting the definitions of those words has proven to be a futile excercise.  because posters will not  clearly accept the fact of those definitions and will continue to put and interpret definitions of their own.

That is why I have posted that this thread should be closed, because it has become a joke and is useless.
There is nothing that you or anyone can post that will change a thing.


I do understand and I do agree about the futility thing.  There are specific posters with whom I 'have issues'.  I have little hope of changing what they are or how they view 'things'.  Other posters  who retain some degree of rationality may decide not to follow the example set by the posters with whom I 'have issues'. If that happens, that's a win.  IF they then vote, that's another win.  In politics, it's all about the audience...it always is. And this is a political forum. You want rationality, use rationality.  That, of course, is just the opposite of what the posters I refer to want to have happen.

Does that help? 

Treasured Social Butterfly
Posts: 22,155
Registered: ‎07-11-2013

Re: Desegregation/Intergration

[ Edited ]
Message 2 of 138 (18 Views)

 


rk9152 wrote:

As is often the case, this topic has been driven far afield by those who put their agenda into any topic and those that see discussion boards as a place to have a fight.

 

To go back to the start, it was about nothing except the claim that Murray Rothbard was a racist because he opposed integration legislation. But he was also opposed to segregation so it would appear he really was not a racist.

 

Is there anyone who can disagree with that or can we consider the issue resolved?


Not resolved.  

Bogus invalid rationalizations and assorted alt right lies have always been tainted by sophistry and thus have always been invalid.

 

He is useless on top of the ground; he ought to be under it, inspiring the cabbages. Puddinhead Wilson, Mark Twain 1894
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 23,505
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: Desegregation/Intergration

Message 3 of 138 (28 Views)

As is often the case, this topic has been driven far afield by those who put their agenda into any topic and those that see discussion boards as a place to have a fight.

 

To go back to the start, it was about nothing except the claim that Murray Rothbard was a racist because he opposed integration legislation. But he was also opposed to segregation so it would appear he really was not a racist.

 

Is there anyone who can disagree with that or can we consider the issue resolved?

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 23,505
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: Desegregation/Intergration

Message 4 of 138 (30 Views)

rker321 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

rker321 wrote:

umbarch64 wrote:

Would you want me to count in all the posts in this thread how many time many posters have posted the definition of Desegregation/Integration?  I am sure that if you peruse the responses you will see the amount of times that someone has posted the definitions.
Posting the definitions of those words has proven to be a futile excercise.  because posters will not  clearly accept the fact of those definitions and will continue to put and interpret definitions of their own.

That is why I have posted that this thread should be closed, because it has become a joke and is useless.
There is nothing that you or anyone can post that will change a thing.


I have stated segregation is assignment based on race and integration is assignment by race.

 

Are we in agreement so far?

 

I have further agreed that desegregation is not government assignment by race.

 

Are we still in agreement?

 

Murray Rothbard and I were in favor of desegregation but opposed to segregation and integration for the same reason as described above.

 

Clear??

 

As to closing the topic, you can close it for your purposes any time you want - just scroll.


Not one tiny little bit.  and as far as closing this thread, the authority to do so, belongs to the Moderator. as long as I conduct myself and follow TOS  I will continue posting my opinion on this thread.


O.K. fair enough. Which of the three statements do you disagree with.....and some hint as to why might fit the mold of "discussion".

 

As to the Moderator - please read before typing a response, it will seem much more intelligent. Once again, you said you wanted the topic closed. I pointed out that scrolling is available to any of us. And then you say you will post as long as you want. All rather confusing. A hint, try just offering honest opinions rather than looking for offense or insulting.

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 20,538
Registered: ‎03-04-2009

Re: Desegregation/Intergration

Message 5 of 138 (36 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

rker321 wrote:

umbarch64 wrote:

Would you want me to count in all the posts in this thread how many time many posters have posted the definition of Desegregation/Integration?  I am sure that if you peruse the responses you will see the amount of times that someone has posted the definitions.
Posting the definitions of those words has proven to be a futile excercise.  because posters will not  clearly accept the fact of those definitions and will continue to put and interpret definitions of their own.

That is why I have posted that this thread should be closed, because it has become a joke and is useless.
There is nothing that you or anyone can post that will change a thing.


I have stated segregation is assignment based on race and integration is assignment by race.

 

Are we in agreement so far?

 

I have further agreed that desegregation is not government assignment by race.

 

Are we still in agreement?

 

Murray Rothbard and I were in favor of desegregation but opposed to segregation and integration for the same reason as described above.

 

Clear??

 

As to closing the topic, you can close it for your purposes any time you want - just scroll.


Not one tiny little bit.  and as far as closing this thread, the authority to do so, belongs to the Moderator. as long as I conduct myself and follow TOS  I will continue posting my opinion on this thread.

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 23,505
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: Desegregation/Intergration

Message 6 of 138 (42 Views)

rker321 wrote:

umbarch64 wrote:

Would you want me to count in all the posts in this thread how many time many posters have posted the definition of Desegregation/Integration?  I am sure that if you peruse the responses you will see the amount of times that someone has posted the definitions.
Posting the definitions of those words has proven to be a futile excercise.  because posters will not  clearly accept the fact of those definitions and will continue to put and interpret definitions of their own.

That is why I have posted that this thread should be closed, because it has become a joke and is useless.
There is nothing that you or anyone can post that will change a thing.


I have stated segregation is assignment based on race and integration is assignment by race.

 

Are we in agreement so far?

 

I have further agreed that desegregation is not government assignment by race.

 

Are we still in agreement?

 

Murray Rothbard and I were in favor of desegregation but opposed to segregation and integration for the same reason as described above.

 

Clear??

 

As to closing the topic, you can close it for your purposes any time you want - just scroll.

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 20,538
Registered: ‎03-04-2009

Re: Desegregation/Intergration

Message 7 of 138 (49 Views)

umbarch64 wrote:

Would you want me to count in all the posts in this thread how many time many posters have posted the definition of Desegregation/Integration?  I am sure that if you peruse the responses you will see the amount of times that someone has posted the definitions.
Posting the definitions of those words has proven to be a futile excercise.  because posters will not  clearly accept the fact of those definitions and will continue to put and interpret definitions of their own.

That is why I have posted that this thread should be closed, because it has become a joke and is useless.
There is nothing that you or anyone can post that will change a thing.

Recognized Social Butterfly
Posts: 775
Registered: ‎02-12-2011

Re: Desegregation/Intergration

Message 8 of 138 (56 Views)

You will all have differing opinons, and will all speculate about motives of the 'other'.  So be it.

 

I have given you definitons of the respective terms by an authoritative source.  No political party, ideology or any special interest is getting in the way.  Desegregation is a pre-requisite to elimination of segregation.  Desegregation is also a precursor and a prerequisite to integration.  By definition, IF IN ANY WAY desegregation has failed, segregation still exists.  By definition, IF IN ANY WAY segregation STILL exists, desegregation has not happened.  Equality under the law does not exist if segregtion does, therefore, to achieve that equality, we must be an integrated Nation.  There is no valid reason 'why' this should not be done and no valid excuse for not doing it.

 

Frank Sinatra and Doris Day popularized a song called "Love and Marriage".  You probably remember it.  Although it expressed admirable sentiments of the day, it did not accurately represent either Reality or Truth. It is abundantly clear you CAN have either without the other.  

 

You cannot have either desegregation or integration without completely eliminating segregation.  That IS both the Reality of it and the Truth of it. The cosequences of effective desegregation in a social context WILL discomfort those who are 'closet' segregationsists.  That too is the Reality and the Truth of it.

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 20,538
Registered: ‎03-04-2009

Re: Desegregation/Intergration

Message 9 of 138 (65 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

'Desegregation' / 'Integration' ...................... in general racists oppose both.


But if a person opposed to them also opposed segregation, how does that fit your formula?


That is because of the accomodating interpretation of those words.
Like for example.  Desegregation. the assignation of jobs.  Ha Ha. what a definition. the apropriate one is: Desegregation is the REMOVAL of the laws.   as you can see, anything can be interpreted as whateve the individual wants to take the discussion. which at this time has become quite boring because of the inability to aceept the proper definition of terms.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Posts: 22,155
Registered: ‎07-11-2013

Re: Desegregation/Intergration

Message 10 of 138 (66 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:


I remember hearing similar sorts of things from a very openly racially biased neighborhood peer back when LBJ signed the Civil Rights bills into law.

Lost touch with him but saw him at the 50 year class reunion, he said his wife and daughter were killed in a car accident and his son was killed in Vietnam.  I gave my condolences, and he said goodby and walked away - heard from another schoolmate later that day that both his son and daughter married educated black people the son a lawyer and the daughter a judge, and were happy and doing well.  His wife supported the kids in their choice of spouse, so he divorced her and claimed they all were dead. 

 

How does your incredibly diverse background and experiences relate to the basic issue - segregation and integration are assignments made by the government based on race. That was Rothbard's only point as it is mine. 

 

Can we agree on that?

 

 

 

 


 


No not ever.

Rothbard has always been dead wrong.

He is useless on top of the ground; he ought to be under it, inspiring the cabbages. Puddinhead Wilson, Mark Twain 1894