The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: De Blasio: Private Property Is The Problem

Message 1 of 12 (144 Views)

MIseker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

MIseker wrote:

mandm84 wrote:

Do you live in the Big Apple jfp and rk9152 ?

And thats the point. Im pretty far left, but i do own properties, and am a dreaded landlord. 

So what if the mayor of the largest city in the US wishes it was laid out better for living and working, and was affordable to all its citizens?

what a commie statement How dare he speak of promoting the general welfare? 

Back in my pure capitalist days, working 12/7 and  making it by the wheelbarrow, we used to talk about the company using the 60 acres of woods it owned to put in housing for us, a gym and a cafeteria. We all were property owners, but man would it have been convienient.

Dreaming out loud is not a crime. Neither is wanting better conditions for your constituents.

Is it your view that the State owning all the property is the way to achieve the general welfare?

is it your reading comprehension that leads you to ask such questions?? I came no where near saying that. 

No, and you came nowhere near defining your "end point".

If the government ownership of property is acceptable, the definition of "property" is needed. For example - approving of socialized medicine paid for via the "property" of the "haves" to fund the needs of the "have nots" extends the concept beyond a vacant lot on NYC.

So, let's see if you can forget about my "reading comprehension" and openly offer your thinking on the topic.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 12 (185 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

MIseker wrote:

mandm84 wrote:

And thats the point. Im pretty far left, but i do own properties, and am a dreaded landlord. 

So what if the mayor of the largest city in the US wishes it was laid out better for living and working, and was affordable to all its citizens?

Back in my pure capitalist days, working 12/7 and  making it by the wheelbarrow, we used to talk about the company using the 60 acres of woods it owned to put in housing for us, a gym and a cafeteria. We all were property owners, but man would it have been convienient.

Dreaming out loud is not a crime. Neither is wanting better conditions for your constituents.

Is it your view that the State owning all the property is the way to achieve the general welfare?

is it your reading comprehension that leads you to ask such questions?? I came no where near saying that. 

So it begins.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 12 (215 Views)

He'd make a wonderful presidential candidate in 2020... for the republicans to win again. He's about a 9 outa 10 on my pathetic scale.

Hate is not a Christian virtue, neither is liberal sanctimony
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 12 (216 Views)

Richva wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Ah, yes, the "word of the day" - outrage. Personally I felt no outrage nor did I see any outrage. If you did, possibly you could point it out.

As for me I saw nothing surprising in a Marxist considering "private property" as actually belonging to "The State". And I saw nothing surprising in the support he received from those leaning towards the Marxist view of the relationship of the government and the governed.

I agree with your comments about Marxists but DeBlasio is a Democrat which is about a far from being a Marxist as you can get.  

No, that "furthest from" is probably that famous Bircher, Richard Wolff. I was only commenting on what DeBlasio is quoted as saying. It was a Marxist approach. 

Message 5 of 12 (223 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Ah, yes, the "word of the day" - outrage. Personally I felt no outrage nor did I see any outrage. If you did, possibly you could point it out.

As for me I saw nothing surprising in a Marxist considering "private property" as actually belonging to "The State". And I saw nothing surprising in the support he received from those leaning towards the Marxist view of the relationship of the government and the governed.

I agree with your comments about Marxists but DeBlasio is a Democrat which is about a far from being a Marxist as you can get.  

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 12 (233 Views)

MIseker wrote:

mandm84 wrote:

Message 7 of 12 (255 Views)

mandm84 wrote:

So it begins.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 12 (260 Views)

Richva wrote:

I love the smell of fake outrage in the morning.  The idea of influencing the planning of a city's layout would seem to make sense to many of us. The idea that because DeBlasio used the words "Private property" once in a three paragraph statement describing some of the obstacles to that planning can only be described as manipulating the information. 

But, we expect that from conservatives so........carry on. 

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 12 (273 Views)

Message 10 of 12 (278 Views)

I love the smell of fake outrage in the morning.  The idea of influencing the planning of a city's layout would seem to make sense to many of us. The idea that because DeBlasio used the words "Private property" once in a three paragraph statement describing some of the obstacles to that planning can only be described as manipulating the information. 

But, we expect that from conservatives so........carry on.