Tune into AARP’s Facebook Live Résumé Q&A Wednesday, 4 p.m. EDT | Facebook.com/AARP

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: DOES HE EVEN THINK WHEN HE TALKS????

Message 61 of 67 (68 Views)

Panjandrum wrote:

Sorry, but I think it matters alot. When the president lays down a marker to another country, that country and the world should take it seriously. What Trump did yesterday was to thoughtlessly shoot off his mouth to look tough for his base while alarming our allies. They are rightly wondering if Trump is going to recklessly strike NK which could drag everyone into a war. Trump now either follows through or backs down in public.

The problem lies, in the fact that Trump has never backed down on anything. and I have the feeling that he won't do it now also. Therefore it will have to be China the one that acts like the adult in the room and actually deals with this issue.

Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 62 of 67 (70 Views)

rker321:  Frankly, I don't think it matters one bit whether he has drawn a red line or not

Sorry, but I think it matters alot. When the president lays down a marker to another country, that country and the world should take it seriously. What Trump did yesterday was to thoughtlessly shoot off his mouth to look tough for his base while alarming our allies. They are rightly wondering if Trump is going to recklessly strike NK which could drag everyone into a war. Trump now either follows through or backs down in public.

Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 63 of 67 (74 Views)

Panjandrum wrote:

That's a nice red line he drew that everyone knows he won't back up. Do his sycophants even realize that, or are they still busy yakking about how terrible it was for Obama to draw a red line in Syria? Smiley Happy

Frankly, I don't think it matters one bit whether he has drawn a red line or not. at this point you have two very irrational individuals threatening each other. and being pushed into action is becoming quite easy.
I still believe that the only ones that a the most interested party that doesn't want anything like this to occur  is China. and Hoping China realizes the irrationality of both leaders, and decides not to take a chance.

Recognized Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 64 of 67 (78 Views)

nctarheel:  ''NORTH KOREA HAD BEST NOT MAKE ANY MORE THREATS TO THE UNITED STATES. THEY WILL BE MET WITH FIRE AND FURY LIKE THE WORLD HAS NEVER SEEN."- The Porcine President (some plagiarized from Harry Truman)

That's a nice red line he drew that everyone knows he won't back up. Do his sycophants even realize that, or are they still busy yakking about how terrible it was for Obama to draw a red line in Syria? Smiley Happy

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 65 of 67 (83 Views)

I have  just heard the following. Perhaps Trump in his irrational words were meant a lot more to China that they were meant to NK.
China is the one that in reality has not done what they should have done for years. Unfortunately now, we have an irrational President as dangerous as the one in NK  and now perhpas they will have to underatand that they maybe the only power to actually prevent a nuclear war.
Trump's words are extremely dangerous, and are having a chilling effect everywhere, Let's see if they have the effect on China they need to have.
I have also heard that the Chinese ruler is at this point not too stable. so perhaps we may see a change in policy in that country.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 66 of 67 (86 Views)

Trump is mentally ill and has an automatic weapon in his hand.

Don't you mean an atomic weapon?

Valued Social Butterfly

DOES HE EVEN THINK WHEN HE TALKS????

Message 67 of 67 (92 Views)

''NORTH KOREA HAD BEST NOT MAKE ANY MORE THREATS TO THE UNITED STATES. THEY WILL BE MET WITH FIRE AND FURY LIKE THE WORLD HAS NEVER SEEN."- The Porcine President (some plagiarized from Harry Truman)

OK. Now that THE PORCINE PRESIDENT has thrown down the gauntlet at the foot of a maniac; what is our idiot President to do next?

THE PORCINE PRESIDENT, in his rush to sound "Presidential", did not differentiate what type of threats were the subject of his threatening statement. That is an awfully important statement to leave things unclear.

Since the only threats the North Korean Maniac has leveled are verbal threats and since his test firings of rockets and other tests were not near any U.S. installations thus posing no physical threats; one must conclude that THE PORCINE PRESIDENT must be talking about additional verbal threats.

So this idiot of a President is threatening war based on his receipt of further verbal threats. Every President, until THE PORCINE PRESIDENT, has ignored North Korea's verbal threats.

Only THE PORCINE PRESIDENT has chosen to LOWER HIMSELF to the level of the North Korean Maniac.

Trump is mentally ill and has an automatic weapon in his hand.

God help us.