Watch Tonight for Tips to Save Money on Pricey Prescription Drugs at 10 p.m. ET on AARP LIVE! Watch Here

Recognized Social Butterfly

Re: DO ANY OF YOU BELONG TO ANY OF THOSE **bleep** COUNTRIES?

Message 31 of 80

mandm84 wrote:

Nerdy Mom , Does that mean all the Far Right Plutocrats will move to Norway ? Can't happen soon enough for 99.5% of America !

Lol.  I’m sure those types of Americans would hate living in Norway...

Report Inappropriate Content

Message 32 of 80

phyllisc6781 wrote:

@NerdyMom— I believe you hit the nail right on the head as to why trump is trying so hard to stop people of color from coming into our nation. 

There never has been any secret there. The argument comes because the majority know that this is wrong, while the minority ignorantly believe that white supremacy is the answer to all of their problems. 

You are correct, Nerdy Mom. Over the next few decades this country will become increasingly one whose skin color is darker.

When teaching, I used to tell my kids I couldn’t wait for the time when one couldn’t tell one group of people from another, as this would take away the senseless and mindless discrimination that those with lower intelligence and critical thinking skills insist on applying when gauging the worth of a human being. 

I also used to tell them that one way to gauge the worth of a human being is to observe how well they accept diversity in others. A person of worth accepts all on face value, and then determines the other person’s character by that person‘s words and actions, not by the color of that person’s skin. 

So simple, so moral, and yet so foreign to the cowardly racists amongst us.

Gee, I miss having a real president!

I used to wonder what people were so afraid of...when becoming the minority. But I guess they are terrified they will be treated poorly. I wonder why...

Social Butterfly

Message 33 of 80

@mandm84—Do you really wish such a vile and disgusting group of people on the citizens of Norway??

To demonstrate just how vile trump’s  disgusting remarks were about bleep-hole nations, the UN has now condemned this ridiculous idiot and his equally ridiculous and hateful

statements.

THREE CHEERS FOR THE UN AND ITS DETERMINATION TO STAND UP AGAINST ABJECT RACISM AND THOSE WHO SPREAD IT. 

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 34 of 80

Nerdy Mom , Does that mean all the Far Right Plutocrats will move to Norway ? Can't happen soon enough for 99.5% of America !

Social Butterfly

Message 35 of 80

@NerdyMom— I believe you hit the nail right on the head as to why trump is trying so hard to stop people of color from coming into our nation. 

There never has been any secret there. The argument comes because the majority know that this is wrong, while the minority ignorantly believe that white supremacy is the answer to all of their problems. 

You are correct, Nerdy Mom. Over the next few decades this country will become increasingly one whose skin color is darker.

When teaching, I used to tell my kids I couldn’t wait for the time when one couldn’t tell one group of people from another, as this would take away the senseless and mindless discrimination that those with lower intelligence and critical thinking skills insist on applying when gauging the worth of a human being. 

I also used to tell them that one way to gauge the worth of a human being is to observe how well they accept diversity in others. A person of worth accepts all on face value, and then determines the other person’s character by that person‘s words and actions, not by the color of that person’s skin. 

So simple, so moral, and yet so foreign to the cowardly racists amongst us.

Message 36 of 80

Americans are going to have to accept that if we truly believe in our Constitution, and if we continue to fight to protect it and actually live by it, whites will become a minority.  Whites are a minority in the world and always have been.  We will be a minority here by 2044, even if we stop all immigration.  

Constitution or white majority/supremacy.  You choose.  You can't have both.  

Social Butterfly

Message 37 of 80

@CriticalThinking— Racists rarely stand up and admit they are such. Note that the KKK wear the hood. Notice also that racists make excuses for their violence and their racism – – I call your attention to Charlottesville.

Racists are cowards – – always have been always will be. They are horribly afraid of those who look different then themselves,  and think differently than themselves, and so they cocoon themselves in their own little  closed off world of nonsensical hatred and fear.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 38 of 80

Norway has a total population of 5.5million and yet has accepted tens of thousands of non-European immigrants since the 1970's.

The reason for Norway tightening immigration requirements is NOT Republican-style racist hatred, but simple arithmetic. jrbush and the GOP's destablaization of the mideast has created tens of millions of war refugees fleeing their homelands, and since 2002, these Republican created war refugees have simply overwhelmed the ability of all Scandinavian countries to cope.

America has refused entry for all but a handful of the people Republican wars have forced from their homes and any similarity between American and Norwegean ability to absorb the refugees we've created is nonexistant outside the Republibubble.

Trusted Social Butterfly

DO ANY OF YOU BELONG TO ANY OF THOSE **bleep** COUNTRIES?

Message 39 of 80

Phyllis, the worst part is the number of Trump supporters who are in denial. They remind me of our resident forum member who's constantly defending nazis and KKK members while denying he empathizes with them. 

Social Butterfly

Message 40 of 80

There is worldwide condemnation with regard to trump’s disgusting remarks, yet his racist base, as witnessed both here and from his mouthpieces, not only deny their own racism, but deny that trump’s remarks were racist and black hearted. Both trump and his supporters, then, are seen as racist vile fools.

I find it the heighth of hypocrisy that trump’s followers object to his being called names because the fool that they are worshiping has called people, groups, and nations the most vile names of any sitting president – – and possibly of anybody in recent history.  So, effectively what they’re saying, is that it’s OK for the man who is supposed to represent the United States and her people to be a vile disgusting vulgar fool, but when it is noted and labeled as such, that’s a fault.  One hardly knows whether to laugh or cry.

Excuses such as he was talking about a nation, not a people so that’s not racist, is incredibly stupid. One only has to have an IQ above ten to realize that the nations he has denigrated are comprised of black or brown peoples. 

The world over, people see this animal in the White House for what he is,  and we see supporters for what they are also. 

It is hard to watch such ignorants denigrate my country.