Tell Congress to Oppose Any Tax Bill That Would Increase Taxes for Seniors! Take Action Now

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 31,879
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: Communism

Message 1 of 104 (45 Views)

Olderscout66 wrote:

Communism = BAD because it doesn't work and leads to totalitarianism

Agreed. And that is why we must look at the path to Communism and when we find ourselves on it - pull back. More and more power to the Central Government is an example as is wealth redistribution.

 

Freedom From Want = GOOD, because it works and promotes a highly stable, democratic society.

Of course - but how do we provide that is the issue. If the government is seen as the path to freedom from want, we are on the wrong path.

 

Before Reagan, there was an additional (current dollar) $1.4 Trillion in Federal Revenues that was given back to the People in the form of lower State and Local taxes because the Federal Government provided support for everything from schools to residential mental facilities, from superhighways to ally repairs, from Fire Department EMTs to PUBLIC Hospitals.

 

We can have BACK what the GOPNRA took with the Reagan Taxscam by repealing the scam and reinstating Revenue Sharing so PUBLIC schools, highways and byways, fire and police and Hospitals are there for the benefit of all, not to enrich the owners.

The entire point of arguing against the "Reagan taxscam" is to promote the wonders of wealth redistribution.

 

Seems Orwell was right, except the World he envisioned for 1984 didn't really get rolling until 1985 when Reagan unleashed the Power of Greed to destroy the middle class and replace them with an army of lofo bots and Democracy with a distopian political party determined to redistribute all wealth from the 99% to the very top of the 1%, making the Oligarchy invincible.

1984 was about the power and growth of the State. It is hard to see how a step back from that can be equated with it.

 

Those "lofo bots" you see are really people who see themselves as individuals, not dependent on the State and not wanting to be. 


 

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 20,709
Registered: ‎11-09-2011

Re: Communism

Message 2 of 104 (49 Views)

Communism = BAD because it doesn't work and leads to totalitarianism

 

Freedom From Want = GOOD, because it works and promotes a highly stable, democratic society.

 

Before Reagan, there was an additional (current dollar) $1.4 Trillion in Federal Revenues that was given back to the People in the form of lower State and Local taxes because the Federal Government provided support for everything from schools to residential mental facilities, from superhighways to ally repairs, from Fire Department EMTs to PUBLIC Hospitals.

 

We can have BACK what the GOPNRA took with the Reagan Taxscam by repealing the scam and reinstating Revenue Sharing so PUBLIC schools, highways and byways, fire and police and Hospitals are there for the benefit of all, not to enrich the owners.

 

Seems Orwell was right, except the World he envisioned for 1984 didn't really get rolling until 1985 when Reagan unleashed the Power of Greed to destroy the middle class and replace them with an army of lofo bots and Democracy with a distopian political party determined to redistribute all wealth from the 99% to the very top of the 1%, making the Oligarchy invincible.

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 31,879
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: Communism

[ Edited ]
Message 3 of 104 (55 Views)

Olderscout66 wrote:

RWers never talk about "Communism", because then they'd have to talk about the early Christian Church where the Saints lived in COMMUNITY, sharing all they had.

So when you complained about me calling you a "commie" (even though I didn't) were you declaring me to be a non-RWer?

 

So instead they talk about what happened under Stalin and Mao.

So, they point out the natural outcome of Marx's theory of an all powerful government in charge of everything until the population has been reeducated - and then it disappears. Governments never give up power.

 

They want their lofo followers to THINK things like banding together to obtain a better life for everyone using the powers of Government to overcome the Oligarchy (that is inevitable under unrestricted Capitalism) will produce the World of Stalin and not the World of the Apostle Paul.

Actually it is about "banding together" to use the power of the government to take away the property of others and give it to you. I don't believe St. Paul ever espoused that.

 

We built the greatest Nation in COMMUNITY.

A COMMUNITY works together for their mutual benefit. A MARXIST COMMUNITY gets the government to "spread the wealth.

 

Ford and Chrysler did not give away cars to the poor, but WE provided them affordable public transport so they could get to their jobs and the stores to shop.

Cool - that does not make us Marxists or Communists. So, your point is....???

 

Edison and Westinghouse did not electrify the Nation, WE did that with the TVA , US Army Corps of Engineers and Rural Electrification Administration.

Imagine electrification without Edison and Westinghouse.

 

GM did not build the Interstate needed to support continued increases in car sales. WE provided Government funding for 90% of the cost.

The roads were built to allow the people get from place to place in their cars which they earned the money to purchase.

 

Harvard and Yale did not expand to accommodate the demand from the burgeoning middle class - WE took care of that with Land Grant Colleges and other State Universities.

They expanded for that very purpose. The government had scads of land (we were still settling) and seeing it as a good thing, granted them land - same with the railroads. Note - they did not take from person A to give to person B.

 

Now Der Trumper wants to give all the infrastructure to private corporations so everything will become pay-as-you-go shifting the maintenance costs from Federal tax revenues to toll booths.

I am happy with the current system. But I cannot hate the President because he sees an alternative which has been used many times in many places.

 

We need to return to American Greatness NOT by deifying the Uberrich as the GOPerLords wish, but by restoring the situation that built our infrastructure in the first place - REPEAL THE REAGAN TAXSCAM and use the additional $1.4Trillion in annual revenue to build a new, better American for all its citizens. No commie czars running toll booths and restricting access to essential services- that's the GOP vision of the Future. Just WE THE PEOPLE building a better America using our Democratic institutions without foreign intervention, Gerrymandering or voter suppression.

Ah yes, prosperity through taxation. That works well.


 

Treasured Social Butterfly
Posts: 25,383
Registered: ‎07-11-2013

Re: Communism

Message 4 of 104 (58 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

MIseker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

MIseker wrote:
Read the opinion piece I posted. Thats pretty close. Its mostly a boogeyman..as was democracy to stalin. all contrived by the world military industrial complex.

The military industrial complex created what - Stalin, the USSR, the Cold War or just some ill defined "boogeyman"?


the boogeyman..a tip for you..some of my posts require thinking on the part of the reader.

 


The only "thinking" that trolls put into things is how to bait, dodge, distract, or aggravate.


Another, "Yeah, me too".



"Good" dodge and evasion that didn't answer or address the topic in any manner whatsoever.

Typical...

 

 

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 31,879
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: Communism

Message 5 of 104 (60 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

MIseker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

MIseker wrote:
Read the opinion piece I posted. Thats pretty close. Its mostly a boogeyman..as was democracy to stalin. all contrived by the world military industrial complex.

The military industrial complex created what - Stalin, the USSR, the Cold War or just some ill defined "boogeyman"?


the boogeyman..a tip for you..some of my posts require thinking on the part of the reader.

 


The only "thinking" that trolls put into things is how to bait, dodge, distract, or aggravate.


Another, "Yeah, me too".

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 31,879
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: Communism

Message 6 of 104 (62 Views)

MIseker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

MIseker wrote:
Read the opinion piece I posted. Thats pretty close. Its mostly a boogeyman..as was democracy to stalin. all contrived by the world military industrial complex.

The military industrial complex created what - Stalin, the USSR, the Cold War or just some ill defined "boogeyman"?


the boogeyman..a tip for you..some of my posts require thinking on the part of the reader.

 


????????????????????????????

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 20,709
Registered: ‎11-09-2011

Re: Communism

[ Edited ]
Message 7 of 104 (72 Views)

RWers never talk about "Communism", because then they'd have to talk about the early Christian Church where the Saints lived in COMMUNITY, sharing all they had.

 

So instead they talk about what happened under Stalin and Mao.

 

They want their lofo followers to THINK things like banding together to obtain a better life for everyone using the powers of Government to overcome the Oligarchy (that is inevitable under unrestricted Capitalism) will produce the World of Stalin and not the World of the Apostle Paul.

 

We built the greatest Nation in COMMUNITY.

 

Ford and Chrysler did not give away cars to the poor, but WE provided them affordable public transport so they could get to their jobs and the stores to shop.

 

Edison and Westinghouse did not electrify the Nation, WE did that with the TVA , US Army Corps of Engineers and Rural Electrification Administration.

 

GM did not build the Interstate needed to support continued increases in car sales. WE provided Government funding for 90% of the cost.

 

Harvard and Yale did not expand to accommodate the demand from the burgeoning middle class - WE took care of that with Land Grant Colleges and other State Universities.

 

Now Der Trumper wants to give all the infrastructure to private corporations so everything will become pay-as-you-go shifting the maintenance costs from Federal tax revenues to toll booths.

 

We need to return to American Greatness NOT by deifying the Uberrich as the GOPerLords wish, but by restoring the situation that built our infrastructure in the first place - REPEAL THE REAGAN TAXSCAM and use the additional $1.4Trillion in annual revenue to build a new, better American for all its citizens. No commie czars running toll booths and restricting access to essential services- that's the GOP vision of the Future. Just WE THE PEOPLE building a better America using our Democratic institutions without foreign intervention, Gerrymandering or voter suppression.

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 21,780
Registered: ‎11-07-2009

Re: Communism

Message 8 of 104 (73 Views)

MIseker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

MIseker wrote:
Read the opinion piece I posted. Thats pretty close. Its mostly a boogeyman..as was democracy to stalin. all contrived by the world military industrial complex.

The military industrial complex created what - Stalin, the USSR, the Cold War or just some ill defined "boogeyman"?


the boogeyman..a tip for you..some of my posts require thinking on the part of the reader.

 


The only "thinking" that trolls put into things is how to bait, dodge, distract, or aggravate.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Treasured Social Butterfly
Posts: 8,258
Registered: ‎11-18-2009

Re: Communism

Message 9 of 104 (75 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

MIseker wrote:
Read the opinion piece I posted. Thats pretty close. Its mostly a boogeyman..as was democracy to stalin. all contrived by the world military industrial complex.

The military industrial complex created what - Stalin, the USSR, the Cold War or just some ill defined "boogeyman"?


the boogeyman..a tip for you..some of my posts require thinking on the part of the reader.

 

So it begins.
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 31,879
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: Communism

Message 10 of 104 (80 Views)

MIseker wrote:
No its NOT all ive "got". the reason was stated, and thats all you "get"..whether you get it or not.

???????????????