The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Communism is just a boogeyman of the alt right.

Message 21 of 59 (57 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Olderscout66 wrote:

The end result of all the policies he champions seems to be:

Anyone who supports Universal health care MUST be a commie.

Well, government control of health care could be called Communist. Or it could be called Fascist - it depends on the details, Obamacare leans more towards the Fascist side.

So all of the countries that have a Universal Health Care Plan are Communists?   Really?

Obamacare was actually first drafted by the Heritage Foundation, a Republican think tank. Romney put the plan in his state before Obamacare came along. So ........ saying that Obamacare is Fascist is calling the Republicans Fascist.

It was offered as an experiment in one State - quite different from having the Central government in charge of 16th of our national economy.

Note: you started with "Communist" and then used "Fascist" making my point that you really do not know one of your insulting terms from the other and just throw them out there.

boo!

So it begins.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 22 of 59 (60 Views)

Olderscout66 wrote:

Just a guess, but I'd say rk stopped thinking about political systems sometime before 1962 when William F. Buckley denounced the John Birch Society as "far removed from common sense" and urged the GOP to purge JBS members, esp founder Robert Welsh, from their ranks.

This is based on the fact rk continues to regurgitate JBS slogans and dogma, trying to tie all advances in social justice to The Communist Menace, which was the line JBS pitched from the getgo. I guess enough time has past so people have forgotten what a misbegotten group of fascists JBS was and is.

Actually, rk's interest in political ideology continued long past the days of Buckley, Birch, Welsh, Rothbard, McCarthy, Rand, and the rest.

Were to you read and actually think about rk's posts would would not make inane statements as the one above about the "Communist Menace" - that goes back to the days of the USSR and the Cold War.

What rk has been posting about is the idealistic thinking of Karl Marx and the dangers it contains as exhibited by any place where it has been used as a national model.

Unfortunately, such scholarly thinking does not offer the opportunity to vent one's envy and anger at the successful with nonsense terms like Reagan taxscam, Uberrich, GOPerLords, etc. No, actually thinking requires more effort - actual thinking.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 23 of 59 (61 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

I believe rk's comments kill thought.

True...

And yet, the original, supposedly quoted post said, "I believe rk's comments above kills that silly thought". This is a prime example of why some posters are simply not worthy of response.

And, sadly, that flat out lie of a post got two kudoes. It shows you the thinking of some of our other posters.

I gave him a KUDOS because he gave you some of your own medicine (you change what others post quite regularly).  Did that medicine go down in "oh the most delightful way"?

Option A - offer a single example of me changing a post of another;

Option B - make it obvious that you are just lying to support a liar.

And temember, I am not talking about an interpretation or a differing opinion. I am talking about changing the actual words under:

so and so wrote:

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 24 of 59 (62 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Olderscout66 wrote:

Well, government control of health care could be called Communist. Or it could be called Fascist - it depends on the details, Obamacare leans more towards the Fascist side.

So all of the countries that have a Universal Health Care Plan are Communists?   Really?

Obamacare was actually first drafted by the Heritage Foundation, a Republican think tank. Romney put the plan in his state before Obamacare came along. So ........ saying that Obamacare is Fascist is calling the Republicans Fascist.

It was offered as an experiment in one State - quite different from having the Central government in charge of 16th of our national economy.

Note: you started with "Communist" and then used "Fascist" making my point that you really do not know one of your insulting terms from the other and just throw them out there.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 25 of 59 (66 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Richva wrote:

The left does not look down on anyone. That is just a handy myth the conservatives keep trying to push forward.

Are you suggesting that when calling someone Nazi, fascist, alt-right, white supremacist, racist, etc. your buds on the left are being complimentary?

Just being honest.

It sounds like you are saying that among your fellow posters there are Nazi, fascists, alt-rightists, white supremacists, and racists. Would you care to specify who is which? Or are they just all interchangeable terms without any real meaning that you use to describe anyone who disagrees with you politically?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 26 of 59 (73 Views)

alferdpacker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

True...

And yet, the original, supposedly quoted post said, "I believe rk's comments above kills that silly thought". This is a prime example of why some posters are simply not worthy of response.

And, sadly, that flat out lie of a post got two kudoes. It shows you the thinking of some of our other posters.

Just a taste of the kind of thing that has been observed now and then and here and there by other posters in the content of various and assorted posts from republican/conservative posters for the last couple of years...

Turnabout IS fair play - is it not?

Some "republican/conservative posters" (you were being nice weren't you) don't like their own medicine !

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 27 of 59 (68 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

True...

Just a taste of the kind of thing that has been observed now and then and here and there by other posters in the content of various and assorted posts from republican/conservative posters for the last couple of years...

Turnabout IS fair play - is it not?

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 28 of 59 (62 Views)

Just a guess, but I'd say rk stopped thinking about political systems sometime before 1962 when William F. Buckley denounced the John Birch Society as "far removed from common sense" and urged the GOP to purge JBS members, esp founder Robert Welsh, from their ranks.

This is based on the fact rk continues to regurgitate JBS slogans and dogma, trying to tie all advances in social justice to The Communist Menace, which was the line JBS pitched from the getgo. I guess enough time has past so people have forgotten what a misbegotten group of fascists JBS was and is.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 29 of 59 (60 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

True...

I gave him a KUDOS because he gave you some of your own medicine (you change what others post quite regularly).  Did that medicine go down in "oh the most delightful way"?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 30 of 59 (68 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Olderscout66 wrote: