Tell Congress to Oppose Any Tax Bill That Would Increase Taxes for Seniors! Take Action Now

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Communism is just a boogeyman of the alt right.

Message 31 of 61 (67 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

I believe rk's comments kill thought.

True...

And yet, the original, supposedly quoted post said, "I believe rk's comments above kills that silly thought". This is a prime example of why some posters are simply not worthy of response.

And, sadly, that flat out lie of a post got two kudoes. It shows you the thinking of some of our other posters.

I gave him a KUDOS because he gave you some of your own medicine (you change what others post quite regularly).  Did that medicine go down in "oh the most delightful way"?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 32 of 61 (76 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Olderscout66 wrote:

The end result of all the policies he champions seems to be:

Anyone who supports Universal health care MUST be a commie.

Well, government control of health care could be called Communist. Or it could be called Fascist - it depends on the details, Obamacare leans more towards the Fascist side.

So all of the countries that have a Universal Health Care Plan are Communists?   Really?

Obamacare was actually first drafted by the Heritage Foundation, a Republican think tank. Romney put the plan in his state before Obamacare came along. So ........ saying that Obamacare is Fascist is calling the Republicans Fascist.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 33 of 61 (77 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Richva wrote:

The left does not look down on anyone. That is just a handy myth the conservatives keep trying to push forward.

Are you suggesting that when calling someone Nazi, fascist, alt-right, white supremacist, racist, etc. your buds on the left are being complimentary?

Just being honest.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 34 of 61 (77 Views)

alferdpacker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

True...

And yet, the original, supposedly quoted post said, "I believe rk's comments above kills that silly thought". This is a prime example of why some posters are simply not worthy of response.

And, sadly, that flat out lie of a post got two kudoes. It shows you the thinking of some of our other posters.

Gold Conversationalist

[ Edited ]
Message 35 of 61 (85 Views)

@Olderscout66— to answer your question as to how dumb does one have to be to believe claims by RWNJ’s, The answer is clear.

Pretty darn dumb! 

@ChasKy53– When RWNJ’s  declare “no lock stepping for us,” they prove the antithesis is true. This is just more repeated  propaganda from their leaders, who seem to have total control over these brainwashed people’sthoughts.   But, I guess we shouldn’t be surprised, as the less intelligent a person is, the more open to suggestion that individual is. 

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 36 of 61 (97 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

True...

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 37 of 61 (118 Views)

Olderscout66 wrote:

Actual Communists in the USA never represented more than 0.06% of the population and never constituted any threat to our Democratic institutions, even in the height of the Great Depression membership in the CPUSA never exceeded 75,000.

But Jews were less than 1% of the German population, and that didn't stop Hitler from blaming them for all of Germany's problems, so no surprise the RWers want to use Commies in the same way Hitler used Jews - a convenient group to dispise, and to inflate their threat by claiming they were secretly in control of the society and working to enslave us all.

i have seen no call for ovens for members of CPUSA. So, why bring it up? - just another excuse to mention Hitler rather than honestly discuss the political ideology of Karl Marx?

Rational people don't buy either argument, which is why the GOPNRA only uses emotion to enflame its lofo followers, never logical argument.

Where have you seen the NRA mention Communism?

NOBODY in America needs to lose everything if their kid gets sick in order to remain "free". No student needs to incure more debt than s/he can repay while getting a degree in order to save our democracy. No American should have to pay a toll to drive on roads their tax dollars built and maintained for half a century so the rich can evade paying taxes. Most definately no American needs to give up Social Security to prevent the Uberrich from making an equal contribution to the system.

If the so called Uberrich makes equal contribution to SS, should fairness indicate that they get an equal payout? 

And yet GOPNRA claims all those things are necessary so we don't fall under the heel of a new Stalin. How dumb does one need to be to actually BELIEVE the RWer's claims?

I have not heard that claim from the Republican Party nor from the NRA. Can you substantiate it?

Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 38 of 61 (119 Views)

Actual Communists in the USA never represented more than 0.06% of the population and never constituted any threat to our Democratic institutions, even in the height of the Great Depression membership in the CPUSA never exceeded 75,000.

But Jews were less than 1% of the German population, and that didn't stop Hitler from blaming them for all of Germany's problems, so no surprise the RWers want to use Commies in the same way Hitler used Jews - a convenient group to dispise, and to inflate their threat by claiming they were secretly in control of the society and working to enslave us all.

Rational people don't buy either argument, which is why the GOPNRA only uses emotion to enflame its lofo followers, never logical argument.

NOBODY in America needs to lose everything if their kid gets sick in order to remain "free". No student needs to incure more debt than s/he can repay while getting a degree in order to save our democracy. No American should have to pay a toll to drive on roads their tax dollars built and maintained for half a century so the rich can evade paying taxes. Most definately no American needs to give up Social Security to prevent the Uberrich from making an equal contribution to the system.

And yet GOPNRA claims all those things are necessary so we don't fall under the heel of a new Stalin. How dumb does one need to be to actually BELIEVE the RWer's claims?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 39 of 61 (117 Views)

Olderscout66 wrote:

rk has gotten very sly using "fellow traveler", "from each...to each..." and most recently NeoMarxist to call people commies on this blog. The notion he's never done it is beyond absurd.

To clarify - by "commie" do you mean a follower of the writings of Karl Marx or a believer in the Stalinist perversion of Marx?

As for all the things he hates about Communism, it seems helping people live better lives is front-and-center.

Sounds like you are approving of Communism in that statement. However, rk has no objection to people having the opportunity to live better lives. Where did you get that crazy idea?

The end result of all the policies he champions seems to be:

Anyone who supports Universal health care MUST be a commie.

Well, government control of health care could be called Communist. Or it could be called Fascist - it depends on the details, Obamacare leans more towards the Fascist side.

Reasonable taxation to support the needs of our Nation is a commie plot to redistribute wealth.

If by "Needs of the Nation" you mean "From each according to his means, to each according to his needs" then yes, that qualifies.

Anyone who supports equal rights must be a Commie

Now, that is a lie. You know that we on the right see people as people - that's pretty darned "equal rights".

Anyone who supports women's rights must be a Commie

See above.

Anyone who wants to stop the exportation of American jobs to Commies must be a Commie.

Never heard that - any substantiation?

You want higher wages for workers, you're a Commie

I've never heard that. I personally believe that a person should be able to get wages just as high as meets their value to their employer.

You want more labot Unions to protect workers rights, you're a Commie

No - but if you want the State to take away the right of an individual to not join a union, then yep - commie

In short, anything that deminishes the power and control of the Oligarchs makes you a Commie, so saith rk over and over again in many different ways.

I believe rk's comments above kills that silly thought.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 40 of 61 (117 Views)
just terms of endearment for you. we love the posts.
So it begins.