How Does Your Brain Score? Take the Staying Sharp Brain Health Assessment

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Chuck Schumer calls for chaos

Message 11 of 18 (118 Views)

jimc91 wrote:

READ MORE HERE

Once again, the link is not annotated but once you click READ MORE HERE; you are directed to The New York Post.

It is a sensationalist tabloid posing as a legitimate media source.

Read what the Columbia Journalism Review has said about this publication:

" New York Post is no longer merely a journalistic problem. It is a social problem- a force for evil."

This is a tabloid that has had headlines like:

"HEADLESS BODY IN TOPLESS BAR"

A discredited and disreputable source. A poll of New York residents resulted in 44% of NY residents saying NY Post was not credible.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 12 of 18 (121 Views)

Centristsin2010 wrote:

jimc91 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

jimc91 wrote:

MY COMMENT:

Chuck Schumer is more interested in BEING the Problem rather than BEING the SOLUTION.

“Hostage-taking is not governing.”

I find it odd that Conservatives don't appreciate Dems using Tea Party tactics.  SHOCKING indeed.

Is that a compliment or an insult?

A fact doesn't have to be either.  But thanks for asking.

If that is a fact you should have no problem providing PROOF.  Otherwise is just your opinion, so which is it going to be?

VIMTSTL

[ Edited ]
Message 13 of 18 (123 Views)

Chuck Schumer calls for chaos

I agree and Trump has Obliged - the Trump Administration has made the USA the Laughing Stock of the World

Insulting World Leaders and their Governments in Public w/o any regard for the Safety of the Country or himself down the road

What's going to happen when Germany or the Brits or half our aother allies that Trump has insulted in Public uncover a Terrorist plot against the USA and/or Trump himself and they just forget to alert us in a Timely Manner

Americans are already preceived around the world as being Pompous and Arrogant - Trump as the USA's Top Figurehead and Representive is confirming it's True

( " Eat Tic Tacs - Grope Woman - Become President " ) " - Anonymous

Message 14 of 18 (122 Views)

Obstruction that I'm rooting for is a filibuster against Gorsuch but doesn't sound like it's going to happen.  No reason a Trump (or any other future pres') SCOTUS nominee should be considered for the vacancy since it was Obama's to fill.  Leave it vacant.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 15 of 18 (121 Views)

jimc91 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

jimc91 wrote:

MY COMMENT:

Chuck Schumer is more interested in BEING the Problem rather than BEING the SOLUTION.

I find it odd that Conservatives don't appreciate Dems using Tea Party tactics.  SHOCKING indeed.

A fact doesn't have to be either.  But thanks for asking.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.

[ Edited ]
Message 16 of 18 (90 Views)

Centristsin2010 wrote:

jimc91 wrote:

MY COMMENT:

VIMTSTL
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 17 of 18 (95 Views)

jimc91 wrote:

MY COMMENT:

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.

Chuck Schumer calls for chaos

Message 18 of 18 (101 Views)

Chuck Schumer calls for chaos

It’s right out of Charles Dickens’ “A Christmas Carol”: The ghost of Chuck Schumer past issuing a dire warning to today’s Senate minority leader.

Back in 2013, recall, a GOP effort to defund ObamaCare in a federal spending bill led to a 16-day shutdown of the federal government. Democrats were irate (as they always are when Republicans advance their policies), and none more so than Schumer, who explained how his party was above the fray.

“You know,” he said on ABC’s “This Week,” “we could do the same thing on immigration reform. We believe strongly in immigration reform. We could say, ‘We’re shutting down the government, we’re not gonna raise the debt ceiling, until you pass immigration reform.’ ”

But, he added ominously, “it would be government chaos.”

Well, guess what: It’s 2017, and Chuck Schumer is now threatening to shut down the federal government over, among other issues, immigration reform.

New York’s senior senator doesn’t like the fact that Republicans mean to insert provisions for border-wall funding and deportation of illegal immigrants in a must-pass bill to keep the government funded past April 28. So he’s threatening a filibuster to block passage — which would result in furloughing government employees, just like last time.

Back then, Democrats called it “hostage-taking.” Now they’re blaming Republicans for leaving Democrats no option but to take hostages themselves. Or, as Schumer put it: “They will be shutting down the government and delivering a severe blow to our economy.” Meaning: When they do it, it’s reckless; when we do it, it’s principle.

Schumer was right the first time. So was Sen. Chris Coons (D-Del.), who said, “Hostage-taking is not governing.” Time for Schumer & Co. to go to the videotape.

READ MORE HERE

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

MY COMMENT:

VIMTSTL