How Does Your Brain Score? Take the Staying Sharp Brain Health Assessment

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Cath. News Agency: Who is Calista Gingrich? Proposed Ambassador to Vatican?

Message 1 of 5 (33 Views)

byrondennis wrote:

You might want to look at the seventh verse of the eighth chapter of John

I'm sure the Catholic heirarchy had no idea.

[ Edited ]
Message 2 of 5 (35 Views)

byrondennis wrote:

I've read that, in Greek(VERY haltingly, while consulting translation notes), Latin(because I took - and passed with "B" or above grades - five years of Latin), and various English Language versions...  

Mom taught us Greek and Latin along with English starting when we were toddlers...  Led me to discover that the King James "thou shalt not kill" was not correct back in 1957...

I've also read conclusions of biblical historians and biblical language experts...

It has been observed that...

That story is absent from the earliest manuscripts of John.

The language in those verses has been determined by biblical linguistics experts to be sufficiently different than the preceding chapter of John, as well as the following chapter - to indicate that there's a probability that those verses were inserted at a later time.

Those verses didn't appear in any known bible manuscript until somewhere around the fifth century AD.

If that story is actually accurate and truthful, where was the man who was caught committing adultery, and why wasn't he going to be stoned at the same time? - it DOES take two, you know - and letting the man off, and stoning only the woman was absolutely unheard of at that time.

No, dearie, I'm not an atheist - I'm a Unitarian Universalist who believes that all religions came from the same deity - and that all religions - because everything we have learned about religion is written by flawed and fallible humans - are about 5% true and 95% untrue.

I don't have to be a biblical scholar approved of by other posters or anyone else for that matter.  

I can read, comprehend and make up my own mind without any outside assistance quite well, thank you very much.

KAKISTOCRACY
Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 5 (49 Views)

[ Edited ]
Message 4 of 5 (63 Views)

Callista Gingrich is almost too perfect as a striking example of trump's extremely low ethical and moral quality of character to send to the Vatican as a representative of trump's kakistocracy.

Send to the Vatican as an Ambassador - representing the United States of America - a woman who testified under oath - in a court proceeding petitioning for Newt Gingrich's divorce - that she and Newt Gingrich had for six years engaged in adultery while Newt Gingrich was married to another woman?

Sending to the Vatican an utterly shameless adulteress who openly testified of her knowing and deliberate six year long adultery as an example of the respect trump holds for the Vatican - yeah, sure - sending a working professional prostitute as an Ambassador to the Vatican would be no different in any respect whatsoever.

KAKISTOCRACY
Highlighted

Cath. News Agency: Who is Calista Gingrich? Proposed Ambassador to Vatican?

Message 5 of 5 (78 Views)

OK, maybe it is just me but when you are paying somebody off for supporting you by naming his wife ambassador to someplace and you see this in the church news service, I am thinking it may be a poor choice of places.  Thoughts?

Newt and Callista married in 2000, after having a six-year affair while Newt was married to his previous wife. Newt converted to Catholicism in 2009 and explained, in an interview that year with Deal Hudson at InsideCatholic.com, how Callista’s witness as a Catholic brought him towards the faith.

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/who-is-callista-gingrich-the-woman-set-to-be-new-vatican-amba...