The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: CAN ANYONE HERE NAME THE CRIME THAT HAS BEEN COMMITTED?

Message 51 of 219 (146 Views)

jimc--Laughing so hard--The  topic of this thread, as I have said before, is invalid.  There will be no charges, no crimes, until ongoing investigations, and forthcoming investigations have been completed.  Crazy to imagine any charges will be filed until these investigations have been completed.

Sour grapes?? Over what?? It is only those on the right who repeatedly bring up Clinton, who was absolved of all charges, after an investigation. 

Trump's indiscretions stem not from a past election, but from his own extremely questionable actions and behaviors, both prior to and since taking office.

BTW, when I smell grapes, especially those SOUR ONES, I am usually responding to a RW trump supporter who can't stand the fact that the incompetent he or she put in office is such a disaster.  With really no way to defend his foolish and felonious actions, cries of SOUR GRAPES  and other ridiculous excuses for his disgusting behaviors are evident.  How sad, when we, as a country, should be decrying this poor excuse for a president, rather than defending the indefensible.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 52 of 219 (136 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Two points:

1) Hillary was not cleared of all charges. As a matter of fact, Comey said she did violate security laws but he opted to not prosecute.

He said, "no prosecutor would indict her as they couldn't get a conviction because no one could prove any intent."

2) If no one can answer the question of the topic, what are all these posts about? Speculating.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 53 of 219 (134 Views)

Olderscout66 wrote:

CriticalThinking wrote:

It may not be a crilme to require a loyalty oath to the President from the head of the FBI, but it certainly is a disgusting way for the President of the U.S. to act

Der Trumper found a Historical Precedent for what he tried to do - it was called The Reichswehreid and, from August 1934, the Führereid was the name for three different versions of the oath of allegiance of the German Armed Forces. Basically, it made all German Officers swear allegiance to Hitler instead of to Germany - which is exactly what Der Trumper tried to get Comey to do - swear allegiance to TRUMP, not to the Constitution.

GOPers seem to miss the enormity of this frontal assalt on The Constitution and the Rule of Lsw in America. Perhaps because like many who could not believe stories about the death camps they cannot believe they elected someone so vile, more likely because that's what Republicans want - an Oligarchy with a Government sworn to protect its leaders and their property before the People.

This week it's the "Nazi thing". I sorta miss the good old days of the "30 years ago" obsession.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 54 of 219 (133 Views)

pc6063 wrote:

Cent--Do you know the difference between trump and Hillary?

Trump--Under FBI investigation for collusion with Russia 

Hillary--CLEARED OF ALL CHARGES

Do you suppose anyone on the right is able to figure out the difference?

As I said earlier,  The entire basis of this thread is bogus, because no charges will be pressed on anyone until after all investigations have been closed. 

It's what they do, "pc".  They throw out a ton of lies and misinformation.  It's very effective to feed the fire within their base of poorly educated folks.

Education, Not Income, Predicted Who Would Vote For Trump

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 55 of 219 (117 Views)

rker321 wrote:

CriticalThinking wrote:

Why are Trump lovers so afraid of criticizing their new hero?

Simple,  they thought that they actually had another Reagan. sorry for the disapointment.

As opposed to you, I do not claim to speak for all of those who voted for President Trump. But, as for me, I wanted something new, not the same old establishment pols. Ronald Reagan was a Conservative. Donald Trump isn't quite there.

Additionally, don't forget the "Anybody but Hillary" votes. Now to the less thinking, that may qualify as "Trump lover" or something about "hero" but I am sure you can see through that.

Dominus vobiscum.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 56 of 219 (113 Views)

CriticalThinking wrote:

"At least in Hillary's case, it was a REAL VIOLATION whereas with Trump, the left invented the "problem" as a way of getting back since their (poor) candidate lost."

I'm puzzled, what was the real violation?

As for Trump, I guess NH didn't read all of the comments from Republicans who were criticizing and/or questioning Trump's motives for firing the director of the FBI.

"Invented a problem? " Excuse me, but every intelligence agency reported Russia tried to influence the election.  Flynn, Trump's National Security Advisor finally admitted he was working as a foreign agent. That scenario is not an invention by liberals.

Why are Trump lovers so afraid of criticizing their new hero?

Excuse me but Russians trying to influence does not constitute a crime by an American.

Excuse me but a private citizen contracting with a foreign government is called a "foreign agent" not the meaning some try to associate with the term.

Excuse me but I do not believe that being sick and tired of the efforts of "The Resistance" and it's supporters to shut down our government makes me a "Trump lover" - it makes me an American citizen. I personally feel no "fear" with regard to expressing my opinion.

And finally, I have a President, not a "hero".

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 57 of 219 (106 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Two points:

1) Hillary was not cleared of all charges. As a matter of fact, Comey said she did violate security laws but he opted to not prosecute.

2) If no one can answer the question of the topic, what are all these posts about?

In view of the ambiguity of the the thread. what and who are we are speaking about? Clinton or Trump. ?

Trusted Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 58 of 219 (101 Views)

Most Legal Experts agreed with the FBI's decision. Here's a great example explaining why they agreed with the FBI

In declining to seek prosecution of Hillary Clinton, FBI Director James Comey said the former Secretary of State's handling of classified emails was "extremely careless", conduct, legal experts said, that falls short of "gross negligence," a standard for criminal charges under the Espionage Act.

"Although there is evidence of potential violations of the statutes regarding the handling of classified information, our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case," Comey said in a news conference Tuesday detailing the FBI investigation and his decision.

Several legal experts agreed with Comey's conclusion that there was no recent precedent for bringing such a case without evidence of willful intent or gross negligence, and they said it would have been difficult to convince a jury to convict Clinton based on the evidence.

"Extreme carelessness doesn't necessarily translate into gross negligence," said Laurie Levenson, a professor of law at Loyola Law School in Los Angeles and former federal prosecutor.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-clinton-legal-idUSKCN0ZM04C

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 59 of 219 (106 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

And what "felony" is that, Not? Play 'name that felony'.

It seems like all of the Republican investigations and the FBI investigation are what gave her a "pass" as you call it.

I'm sure you didn't hear this on MSNBC or in the New York Slimes but:

Most on the left just consider her stupid, but the law is:

the pertinent statute (the Espionage Act, codified at Section 793 of Title 18, U.S. Code) makes it a felony to mishandle classified information “through gross negligence” — i.e., proving Clinton was sloppy or careless (or “extremely careless,” to use Comey’s own description) could have been sufficient. But beyond that, Clinton willfully set up a private network for the systematic handling of her State Department-related communications, in violation of federal record-keeping requirements of which she was well aware, and under circumstances in which she (a former senator who served for years on the intelligence Armed Services committee) was a sophisticated longtime consumer of classified information. She was keenly aware that her responsibilities as secretary of state would heavily involve classified information — whether it was “marked” classified or “born classified” because of the subject matter. It is irrelevant whether Clinton’s purpose was to transmit or store classified information on the private, non-secure server; prosecutors are not required to prove motive. The question is whether she knew classified information would end up on the server, and her set-up made that inevitable.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/447318/

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 60 of 219 (102 Views)

Two points:

2) If no one can answer the question of the topic, what are all these posts about?