AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Bush's MOAB Dropped in Afghanistan by Trump

Message 61 of 84 (188 Views)

I find it refreshing to have a President that knows he put the most qualified people in place and gave them a job to do.  With that confidence he lets them do their job without having to ask permission.

The commanders on the battlefield need to be able to strike at the exact right time.  Being on the scene they know in real time and that is how the most effective battle plan is carried out.

Having to wait for people in DC to have a meeting and then decide what is best is a great plan for failure.

The only reason we should engage the enemy is to kill them.

Don't start a war with us and there will be no war.  If you do decide to start a war with the USA we will kill you.  Plain and simple... Function of the military.  Prosecute war.

VIMTSTL
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 62 of 84 (191 Views)

We have been in Afghanistan, dropping bombs along the way, and we have gotten nowhere. History is the best indicator of the future. We cannot bomb our way out of this situation.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 63 of 84 (192 Views)

Can we clarify just what the complaint is?

1) Was bombing those tunnels not a good idea not only for military purposes but more importantly as a diplomatic "message sender"?

2) Was not micro-managing and letting the military do it's job a bad idea?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 64 of 84 (196 Views)

Jimc- so are you saying that it's OK for president not to know what country he's bombing or that he had too much time on his hands so he just sat back and watched the generals blowup anything they wanted to for entertainment?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 65 of 84 (190 Views)

Richva- yes and it's destroying the tunnels was important,  but how many years have we been bombing in Afghanistan to no avail? 

If any other president but Trump had done this,  I wouldn't question why it was done,  but with him, I don't think a sane person could not. 

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 66 of 84 (178 Views)

Hey myexper- do you suppose his lack of geographical knowledge and understanding is the same reason he doesn't go home to his wife in New York City every weekend rather than head down to Florida wasting millions of tax  payer money?

Oh wait, no, it's probably because she can't stand him.   But seriously, don't you think he might want to see his son? He is  a horrible horrible little man!

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 67 of 84 (190 Views)

Richva wrote:

pc6063 wrote:

I'm the first want to say go get ISIS,  but we needed the second most distructive  bomb in our arsenal to kill 36 people in Afghanistan snd destroy their tunnels?  this was no more than a look at how wonderful and powerful I am tactic. 

Today his grandstanding has shifted to North Korea.Trump is a dangerous fool  and no amount of denying lying and looking the other way changes that salient truth.

Ok...not a Trump fan but when you think of the man hours devoted to digging those tunnel networks by hand, this was the loss of a lot of resources for ISIS. Plus, I hope the people in those tunnels were the important ones. Who knows how many were buried and not counted. 

Nicely put, Rich.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 68 of 84 (189 Views)

myexper wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

nctarheel wrote:

And it makes a mushroom cloud just like a "you know what".

By the way, Trump said he ordered the drop and then he changed that to state that one of his Generals ordered the drop. He also mentioned Iraq rather than Afghanistan when talking about the bomb......... he didn't even know where the bomb was.

What an idiot.

Does that mean you think it was a good idea, a bad idea, or just an excuse to type "What an idiot"??

None of the above rk. Please read posts before attempting to criticize them.

Trump is an "idiot" because he didn't even know which country he was bombing!

Deja vu all over again. One more once, the topic is a bomb being dropped. How can one comment without having an opinion about "good idea/bad idea"?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 69 of 84 (187 Views)

myexper wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

myexper wrote:

nctarheel wrote:

And it makes a mushroom cloud just like a "you know what".

By the way, Trump said he ordered the drop and then he changed that to state that one of his Generals ordered the drop. He also mentioned Iraq rather than Afghanistan when talking about the bomb......... he didn't even know where the bomb was.

What an idiot.

And this clown controls the nuclear launch codes ....FRIGHTENING!

Does that mean you think it was a good idea, a bad idea, or just an excuse to type "FRIGHTENING"?

NONE of the above rk. 

It was "FRIGHTENING" because Trump didn't know which country was being bombed ..... most concerning for a person who controls nuclear launch codes!

That was clearly stated in the post.

Please read posts before attempting to criticize them.

What do you mean "none of the above". The topic is a bomb being dropped. How can anyone comment and not have an opinion as to "good idea/bad idea"?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 70 of 84 (188 Views)

pc6063 wrote:

I'm the first to say go get ISIS,  but we needed the second most distructive  bomb in our arsenal to kill 36 people in Afghanistan snd destroy their tunnels?  this was no more than a look at how wonderful and powerful I am tactic. 

Today his grandstanding has shifted to North Korea.Trump is a dangerous fool  and no amount of denying lying and looking the other way changes that salient truth.

Did we need that bomb?? I don't know, you don't know, our President said he didn't know. He sought the advice of his military advisers and gave them the "go ahead". Sounds like a good approach to me.

It seems like the micro-management of the military is over. Another "good thing".