Join AARP in Celebration of Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month. Nominate Someone for the AAPI Hero Award

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Bush's MOAB Dropped in Afghanistan by Trump

Message 51 of 84 (124 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

I prefer a system in which the President sets to goals and standards and permits the experts to work out the details. Micro-management from the White House is not a good way to conduct military operations.

That thing has two cutting edges, watch out how you use them.

Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 52 of 84 (131 Views)

But wasn't it the idiot in chief who said he knew more than the generals?  And wouldn't you agree that he should at least know what country is being bombed?  One has to wonder if he even knows why the region in Afghanistan was bombed!

Trump takes the easy way out all the time!  a good example is his "death care bill." He had not a clue what was in that bill,  not a clue, but he went around touting it is "wonderful, wonderful" your president is an idiot.

politics, cats, kids, and dogs!!
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 53 of 84 (131 Views)

I prefer a system in which the President sets to goals and standards and permits the experts to work out the details. Micro-management from the White House is not a good way to conduct military operations.

Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 54 of 84 (148 Views)

John258-You are correct! Trump couldn't seem to even remember what country had been bombed-but that darned chocolate cake was great.

And when he was asked if he ordered the bombing, his reaction was sort if like-ah, ah--and then-" you know what happened, everyone knows what happened." He couldn't answer the question because he didn't have a clue.

Trump is a first rate imbecile.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 55 of 84 (146 Views)

Frozenoem wrote:

If it improves his ratings it must be good to drop a bomb, the biggest non-nuclear. Huge ratings for acting more Presidential.

Or is it merely a distraction, from other things, like Bannon, Kushner, or the others in clown car.

If he could just act Presidential for a month maybe, I'd have more faith in him.

As it stands nah uh, not there yet. Check out billmoyers.com pretty much sums up my feelings.

if he didn't have 6 frigging investigations ongoing against him, I might also have more faith, not there yet.

If he were cleared of them, it might help his ratings, like a good reality star. If he would stop with everything that irritates him like his love for Fox.

good press good

bad press fake

wiretaps didn't happen

He says they did, perhaps under FISA coincidental not Obama.

He remembers the big chocolate cake but can't remember what country he just bombed, ermmm!

Frozen

You give to much credit to the President. Want to bet he found out about it when we did. From everything out the military called all the shots on their own. This type of operation is way above anything our President understands.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 56 of 84 (155 Views)

pc6063 wrote:

We have been in Afghanistan, dropping bombs along the way, and we have gotten nowhere. History is the best indicator of the future. We cannot bomb our way out of this situation.

But the question was:

1) Was bombing those tunnels not a good idea not only for military purposes but more importantly as a diplomatic "message sender"?

2) Was not micro-managing and letting the military do it's job a bad idea?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 57 of 84 (144 Views)

Frozen- have said the same things numerous times I couldn't agree with you more!

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 58 of 84 (137 Views)

Dropping really big bombs DOES have a different result than dropping lots of smaller bombs, in particuliar when the target is some sort of fortification. Remains to be seen if the MOAB took out the ISIS stronghold, but early indications are it did not. Good to know - next time perhaps a MOP will be used to clean up the mess. Both are vastly superior to sending US troops to clear out the ISIS.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 59 of 84 (133 Views)

If it improves his ratings it must be good to drop a bomb, the biggest non-nuclear. Huge ratings for acting more Presidential.

Or is it merely a distraction, from other things, like Bannon, Kushner, or the others in clown car.

If he could just act Presidential for a month maybe, I'd have more faith in him.

As it stands nah uh, not there yet. Check out billmoyers.com pretty much sums up my feelings.

if he didn't have 6 frigging investigations ongoing against him, I might also have more faith, not there yet.

If he were cleared of them, it might help his ratings, like a good reality star. If he would stop with everything that irritates him like his love for Fox.

good press good

bad press fake

wiretaps didn't happen

He says they did, perhaps under FISA coincidental not Obama.

He remembers the big chocolate cake but can't remember what country he just bombed, ermmm!

Frozen

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 60 of 84 (121 Views)

jimc91 wrote:

Seems there is no shortage of "armchair Generals" on this board.  

Too much idle time I suppose.  My Grandmother had a saying...  Idle hands are the devil's workshop.

How profound.