AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Bush's MOAB Dropped in Afghanistan by Trump

Message 41 of 84

pc6063 wrote:

Sociopaths manipulate any and all situations for their own personal benefit. 

And effective leaders study the realities of the world and do what needs to be done to accomplish their goals - in this case what is best for our Nation.

Good leaders are not doctrinaire, the understand "The art of the Deal"..

Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 42 of 84

Olderscout66 wrote:

Der Trumper (aka Idiot In Chief, aka Gutless Draftdodging Preppytwit In Charge) has behaved exactly like the intellectual and emotional 7 year-old he is.

He has no foreign policy, he is less articulate than your average elementary school student, and might just blunder us into WWIII with his infantile tryades and ill considered (and totally ineffective) use of our military.

IF the MOAB took out the target, good - much better than sending in troops - but the jury's still out on that one, altho it has a much higher probability of success than his $55 million tantrum in Syria which did nothing,save confirm Donny's status as "infantile".

So RWers, WHAT is Donny's foreign policy? (make N. Korea behave??? HOW?)

His bromance with Tsar Vlad the Stumpy is over, so the support President Obama had gained from Russia is toast

He continues to rant about restoring sanctions against Iran and it now seems he's boosted Ahmadinejad chances to topple the current moderate President and set those relations back a decade or three.

He said NOW perhaps NATO is no longer obsolete, (so everyone knows it WAS obsolete when he said it was), but not doing diddly to restore relations with our strongest allies.

He's sending warships to Korea and deployed a Marine Brigade to Kuwait and began wasting billions on the Gaudy Wall of Trump, but nothing about immigration reform. Oh, apparently lots of undocumenteds are crossing in to Canada - wonder how the crops will get harvested this fall?

Got any success stories about how Der Trumper is bringing back jobs THAT WERE NOT ALREADY HEADED THIS WAY?

I'd have thought electing one worthless draftdodging Preppytwit in a lifetime would be enough for the GOP, but alas, they did it again, and this one looks to be much ,worse than jr.

All the immature comments about "jr.", "preppytwit", "Der Trumper",  "Gaudy Wall", "Tsar Vlad the Stumpy", "Donnie" and the rest do not change the fact that our President is, in fact, securing our borders and reestablishing our position in the world.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 43 of 84

rk9152 wrote:

myexper wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

nctarheel wrote:

And it makes a mushroom cloud just like a "you know what".

By the way, Trump said he ordered the drop and then he changed that to state that one of his Generals ordered the drop. He also mentioned Iraq rather than Afghanistan when talking about the bomb......... he didn't even know where the bomb was.

What an idiot.

Does that mean you think it was a good idea, a bad idea, or just an excuse to type "What an idiot"??

None of the above rk. Please read posts before attempting to criticize them.

Trump is an "idiot" because he didn't even know which country he was bombing!

Deja vu all over again. One more once, the topic is a bomb being dropped. How can one comment without having an opinion about "good idea/bad idea"?

By commenting on other more serious aspects of that "bomb being dropped" rk .... aspects that you obviously want to evade and eliminate from this discussion as they further exhibit Trump's incompetency.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 44 of 84

rk9152 wrote:

myexper wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

myexper wrote:

nctarheel wrote:

And it makes a mushroom cloud just like a "you know what".

By the way, Trump said he ordered the drop and then he changed that to state that one of his Generals ordered the drop. He also mentioned Iraq rather than Afghanistan when talking about the bomb......... he didn't even know where the bomb was.

What an idiot.

And this clown controls the nuclear launch codes ....FRIGHTENING!

Does that mean you think it was a good idea, a bad idea, or just an excuse to type "FRIGHTENING"?

NONE of the above rk. 

It was "FRIGHTENING" because Trump didn't know which country was being bombed ..... most concerning for a person who controls nuclear launch codes!

That was clearly stated in the post.

Please read posts before attempting to criticize them.

What do you mean "none of the above".

Exactly as I stated. 

You conveniently omitted the real choice in a disingenuous attempt to steer my comment away from the frightening facts it addressed.

The topic is a bomb being dropped.

And my comment was relative to the fact that Trump didn't know what country it was being dropped in .... a fact you continue to evade.

How can anyone comment and not have an opinion as to "good idea/bad idea"?

When that comment addresses another aspect of that decision ... as was thoroughly identified and not restricted to the limited discussion you would like to impose.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 45 of 84

Olderscout 

I think you're being very nice! Trump operates more on a fifth grade level, both emotionally and cognitively.  His very limited vocabulary is a good example of his low cognitive functioning.

His ability to focus has been on full display, but I think the ghost writer for The Art of the Deal said it best when explaining why he didn't think Trump was fit to be president.

he said-- " his ability to focus was no longer than five minutes,  so I had to give up trying to interview him and just observe him as he went through his day." 

AND THIS FOOL IS RUNNING OUR COUNTRY.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 46 of 84

rk9152 wrote:

umbarch64 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

I prefer a system in which the President sets to goals and standards and permits the experts to work out the details. Micro-management from the White House is not a good way to conduct military operations.

That thing has two cutting edges, watch out how you use them.

What does that mean? It sounds like you want the President making the technical decisions as well as the overall objective ones. That doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

Arguably, 'the donald' does NOT employ the system you prefer...at least to date.  Arguably, he has not listened to wise council from his 'experts' until he shed Bannon and began to listen to Maddis.  You presume incorrectly about my meaning.  Arguably, an effective 'president' will know his limitations and abide by them. If you would have an adult conversation, try beginning it with candor. 

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 47 of 84

Sociopaths manipulate any and all situations for their own personal benefit.  To me, this pretty much explains Trump.  Not so much talk of Russia now.  Not so much talk about what a bumbling fool he is--but it's all there, hanging over his head, waiting in the wings.  Soo, the more diversion--no matter what the cost to any and all--he will do, not only to divert, but for the adulation some will give.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Info Seeker

Message 48 of 84

Everipedia has the wiki for the MOAB

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 49 of 84

Der Trumper (aka Idiot In Chief, aka Gutless Draftdodging Preppytwit In Charge) has behaved exactly like the intellectual and emotional 7 year-old he is.

He has no foreign policy, he is less articulate than your average elementary school student, and might just blunder us into WWIII with his infantile tryades and ill considered (and totally ineffective) use of our military.

IF the MOAB took out the target, good - much better than sending in troops - but the jury's still out on that one, altho it has a much higher probability of success than his $55 million tantrum in Syria which did nothing,save confirm Donny's status as "infantile".

So RWers, WHAT is Donny's foreign policy? (make N. Korea behave??? HOW?)

His bromance with Tsar Vlad the Stumpy is over, so the support President Obama had gained from Russia is toast

He continues to rant about restoring sanctions against Iran and it now seems he's boosted Ahmadinejad chances to topple the current moderate President and set those relations back a decade or three.

He said NOW perhaps NATO is no longer obsolete, (so everyone knows it WAS obsolete when he said it was), but not doing diddly to restore relations with our strongest allies.

He's sending warships to Korea and deployed a Marine Brigade to Kuwait and began wasting billions on the Gaudy Wall of Trump, but nothing about immigration reform. Oh, apparently lots of undocumenteds are crossing in to Canada - wonder how the crops will get harvested this fall?

Got any success stories about how Der Trumper is bringing back jobs THAT WERE NOT ALREADY HEADED THIS WAY?

I'd have thought electing one worthless draftdodging Preppytwit in a lifetime would be enough for the GOP, but alas, they did it again, and this one looks to be much worse than jr.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 50 of 84

umbarch64 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

I prefer a system in which the President sets to goals and standards and permits the experts to work out the details. Micro-management from the White House is not a good way to conduct military operations.

That thing has two cutting edges, watch out how you use them.

What does that mean? It sounds like you want the President making the technical decisions as well as the overall objective ones. That doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

And then there is this from someone else, "But wasn't at the idiot in chief who said he knew more than the generals?" - what is so hard to understand about the distinction between objectives and means? And "idiot in chief" - can we not have an adult discussion here??