Join AARP in Celebration of Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month. Nominate Someone for the AAPI Hero Award

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 3,051
Registered: ‎12-17-2010

Re: Bush's MOAB Dropped in Afghanistan by Trump

Message 31 of 84 (61 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

nctarheel wrote:

And it makes a mushroom cloud just like a "you know what".

 

By the way, Trump said he ordered the drop and then he changed that to state that one of his Generals ordered the drop. He also mentioned Iraq rather than Afghanistan when talking about the bomb......... he didn't even know where the bomb was.

 

What an idiot.


Does that mean you think it was a good idea, a bad idea, or just an excuse to type "What an idiot"??


Does that mean you think it was a good idea, a bad idea or just an excuse to attack another poster?

 

Don't you think that when someone approves a bombing he should at least know what country he is bombing?

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 19,268
Registered: ‎11-09-2011

Re: Bush's MOAB Dropped in Afghanistan by Trump

Message 32 of 84 (64 Views)

Using the MOAB was a good idea, so would a follow-up visit to the site by a MOP just in case ISIS had really deep tunnels. Sending troops in to dig out the ISIS zealots is dumber than dirt - very like going to a knife fight with a knife when you've got your own M1 Tank.

 

That's a plus for the Generals on the scene, not the mor0n in the White House who didn't know which country it was used in.

 

But an endless discussion over what's already happened has little purpose, so let's have our RWers give some thoughts on a follow-up:

 

Would it be a good idea to use a MOAB on Pyongyang to "encourage" Supreme Leader Kim Jong-un to stop behaving like a madman?

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 4,086
Registered: ‎10-25-2011

Re: Bush's MOAB Dropped in Afghanistan by Trump

Message 33 of 84 (80 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

myexper wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

myexper wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

nctarheel wrote:

And it makes a mushroom cloud just like a "you know what".

 

By the way, Trump said he ordered the drop and then he changed that to state that one of his Generals ordered the drop. He also mentioned Iraq rather than Afghanistan when talking about the bomb......... he didn't even know where the bomb was.

 

What an idiot.


Does that mean you think it was a good idea, a bad idea, or just an excuse to type "What an idiot"??


None of the above rk. Please read posts before attempting to criticize them.

 

Trump is an "idiot" because he didn't even know which country he was bombing!


Deja vu all over again. One more once, the topic is a bomb being dropped. How can one comment without having an opinion about "good idea/bad idea"?


By commenting on other more serious aspects of that "bomb being dropped" rk .... aspects that you obviously want to evade and eliminate from this discussion as they further exhibit Trump's incompetency.


In the big picture of things, do you really think "Trump is an idiot" is more important when discussing the dropping of a bomb??

Again, you continue to evade other "things" in that "big picture" you are attempting to frame with your self imposed limitations .... and now convoluting my comments.

Trump is an idiot for being unaware of what country was being bombed, as clearly stated and not as you convoluted.

 

So wadda ya thing - dropping that bomb, good idea/bad idea?

The real concern is that which you want to evade ..... the president didn't know who was being bombed.


 

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 4,086
Registered: ‎10-25-2011

Re: Bush's MOAB Dropped in Afghanistan by Trump

Message 34 of 84 (81 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

myexper wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

myexper wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

myexper wrote:

nctarheel wrote:

And it makes a mushroom cloud just like a "you know what".

 

By the way, Trump said he ordered the drop and then he changed that to state that one of his Generals ordered the drop. He also mentioned Iraq rather than Afghanistan when talking about the bomb......... he didn't even know where the bomb was.

 

 

What an idiot.


 And this clown controls the nuclear launch codes ....FRIGHTENING!


Does that mean you think it was a good idea, a bad idea, or just an excuse to type "FRIGHTENING"?


NONE of the above rk. 

 

It was "FRIGHTENING" because Trump didn't know which country was being bombed ..... most concerning for a person who controls nuclear launch codes!

 

That was clearly stated in the post.

 

Please read posts before attempting to criticize them.


What do you mean "none of the above".

Exactly as I stated. 

You conveniently omitted the real choice in a disingenuous attempt to steer my comment away from the frightening facts it addressed.

 

The topic is a bomb being dropped.

And my comment was relative to the fact that Trump didn't know what country it was being dropped in .... a fact you continue to evade.

 

How can anyone comment and not have an opinion as to "good idea/bad idea"?

When that comment addresses another aspect of that decision ... as was thoroughly identified and not restricted to the limited discussion you would like to impose.

 

 


 


This topic is about a bomb being dropped. People think it was either a good idea or a bad idea on the part of President Trump

And the fact that the president was unaware of what country that bomb was being dropped on. Again, you conveniently omitted that alarming fact!

 

 

(others want to discuss the education level of our President).

Not true .... The president's lack of awareness has nothing to do with his education level as you falsely accused. Rather, it has to do with the president's mental awareness ...... or lack thereof.

 

If you are ever interested in discussing the bombing, I'll be here.

I did discuss the bombing, but not in your self imposed limits. Your continued evasion of that fact indicates you want to evade other aspects of that bombing ..... aspects which identify the president's incompetence in that matter.

 

If your only interest is "you said/I said" - sorry, no interest. In that the only "limitations" I am placing are on myself.

Nope .... the limited selections you offered in your contrived question demanding an answer clearly suggest otherwise.


 

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 3,042
Registered: ‎01-24-2014

Re: Bush's MOAB Dropped in Afghanistan by Trump

Message 35 of 84 (68 Views)

Umbarch64-Donald's good at delegating decisions two other tickets him more time to sit around and read Breitbart  and The Enquirer, listen to FOXNews,  and tweet about things that he knows nothing about.  Certainly what could be more important than these certainly,  not running the country.


politics, cats, kids, and dogs!!
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 984
Registered: ‎02-12-2011

Re: Bush's MOAB Dropped in Afghanistan by Trump

Message 36 of 84 (66 Views)

umbarch64 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

As I recall, this started as a discussion of the President giving responsibility and authority to his military leaders. Has it changed? "Arguably, 'the donald' does NOT...." is not in sync with the comments of the military leaders. I think I will trust them more than a poster's "Arguably".


Suit yourself.  As I used the term 'arguably' [lc] it meant strong arguments exist to support the point expressed. I think 'the donald' does not receive, listen to, or act in accordance with evidence, fact or "expert" opinion.  Arguably once more,...'the donald' is no 'expert'.  I base that thinking on his demonstrated conduct....in public, no less. [TEXT WAS LEFT OUT OF POST BY WP.  IT IS UNDERLINED HERE]

 

The title MOAB started out as a 'joke'  IF the decision to drop it was in fact made by 'the generals' to whom he delegated responsibilty, or even IF "the donald" concurred with their opinions before the drop, I think they made it with full knoweledge of the consequences.  Right or Wrong, an informed decision was made. 

 

IF "the donald" made the decision based on the 'false equivalencies' of which both he and you are so fond, I have far less confidence it was the 'right' thing to do.  Suffice it to say, you know not whereof you speak....in other words, you don't know what you are talking about, you weren't there.  The best you can do is a self-serving supposition.

 

"The donald" took on the title, 'Commander In Chief' immediately after he finished the oath of office.  That means the buck stops right smack dab where good o' Harry said it did when he sat in that chair. 


 

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 984
Registered: ‎02-12-2011

Re: Bush's MOAB Dropped in Afghanistan by Trump

Message 37 of 84 (66 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

As I recall, this started as a discussion of the President giving responsibility and authority to his military leaders. Has it changed? "Arguably, 'the donald' does NOT...." is not in sync with the comments of the military leaders. I think I will trust them more than a poster's "Arguably".


Suit yourself.  As I used the term 'arguably' [lc] it meant strong arguments exist to support the point expressed. I think 'the donald' does not receive, listen to, or act in accordance with evidence, fact or "expert" opinion.  Arguably once more,...'the donald' is no 'expert'.  I base that thinking on his demonstrated conduct....in public, no less. 

 

The title MOAB started out as a was in fact made by 'the generals' to whom he delegated responsibilty, or even IF "the donald" concurred with their opinions before the drop, I think they made it with full knoweledge of the consequences.  Right or Wrong, an informed decision was made. 

 

IF "the donald" made the decision based on the 'false equivalencies' of which both he and you are so fond, I have far less confidence it was the 'right' thing to do.  Suffice it to say, you know not whereof you speak....in other words, you don't know what you are talking about, you weren't there.  The best you can do is a self-serving supposition.

 

"The donald" took on the title, 'Commander In Chief' immediately after he finished the oath of office.  That means the buck stops right smack dab where good o' Harry said it did when he sat in that chair. 

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 25,114
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: Bush's MOAB Dropped in Afghanistan by Trump

Message 38 of 84 (80 Views)

myexper wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

myexper wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

nctarheel wrote:

And it makes a mushroom cloud just like a "you know what".

 

By the way, Trump said he ordered the drop and then he changed that to state that one of his Generals ordered the drop. He also mentioned Iraq rather than Afghanistan when talking about the bomb......... he didn't even know where the bomb was.

 

What an idiot.


Does that mean you think it was a good idea, a bad idea, or just an excuse to type "What an idiot"??


None of the above rk. Please read posts before attempting to criticize them.

 

Trump is an "idiot" because he didn't even know which country he was bombing!


Deja vu all over again. One more once, the topic is a bomb being dropped. How can one comment without having an opinion about "good idea/bad idea"?


By commenting on other more serious aspects of that "bomb being dropped" rk .... aspects that you obviously want to evade and eliminate from this discussion as they further exhibit Trump's incompetency.


In the big picture of things, do you really think "Trump is an idiot" is more important when discussing the dropping of a bomb??

 

So wadda ya thing - dropping that bomb, good idea/bad idea?

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 25,114
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: Bush's MOAB Dropped in Afghanistan by Trump

Message 39 of 84 (81 Views)

myexper wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

myexper wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

myexper wrote:

nctarheel wrote:

And it makes a mushroom cloud just like a "you know what".

 

By the way, Trump said he ordered the drop and then he changed that to state that one of his Generals ordered the drop. He also mentioned Iraq rather than Afghanistan when talking about the bomb......... he didn't even know where the bomb was.

 

 

What an idiot.


 And this clown controls the nuclear launch codes ....FRIGHTENING!


Does that mean you think it was a good idea, a bad idea, or just an excuse to type "FRIGHTENING"?


NONE of the above rk. 

 

It was "FRIGHTENING" because Trump didn't know which country was being bombed ..... most concerning for a person who controls nuclear launch codes!

 

That was clearly stated in the post.

 

Please read posts before attempting to criticize them.


What do you mean "none of the above".

Exactly as I stated. 

You conveniently omitted the real choice in a disingenuous attempt to steer my comment away from the frightening facts it addressed.

 

The topic is a bomb being dropped.

And my comment was relative to the fact that Trump didn't know what country it was being dropped in .... a fact you continue to evade.

 

How can anyone comment and not have an opinion as to "good idea/bad idea"?

When that comment addresses another aspect of that decision ... as was thoroughly identified and not restricted to the limited discussion you would like to impose.

 

 


 


This topic is about a bomb being dropped. People think it was either a good idea or a bad idea on the part of President Trump (others want to discuss the education level of our President). If you are ever interested in discussing the bombing, I'll be here.

 

If your only interest is "you said/I said" - sorry, no interest. In that the only "limitations" I am placing are on myself.

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 25,114
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: Bush's MOAB Dropped in Afghanistan by Trump

Message 40 of 84 (79 Views)

umbarch64 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

umbarch64 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

I prefer a system in which the President sets to goals and standards and permits the experts to work out the details. Micro-management from the White House is not a good way to conduct military operations.


That thing has two cutting edges, watch out how you use them.


What does that mean? It sounds like you want the President making the technical decisions as well as the overall objective ones. That doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

 

 


Arguably, 'the donald' does NOT employ the system you prefer...at least to date.  Arguably, he has not listened to wise council from his 'experts' until he shed Bannon and began to listen to Maddis.  You presume incorrectly about my meaning.  Arguably, an effective 'president' will know his limitations and abide by them. If you would have an adult conversation, try beginning it with candor. 


As I recall, this started as a discussion of the President giving responsibility and authority to his military leaders. Has it changed? "Arguably, 'the donald' does NOT...." is not in sync with the comments of the military leaders. I think I will trust them more than a poster's "Arguably".