How Does Your Brain Score? Take the Staying Sharp Brain Health Assessment

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Breaking News from RED STATE

Message 31 of 79 (53 Views)

Snoopy48 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

"We the people" means the voters who elected Donald Trump as our President. Governments are not determined by someone's mind reading as to who the non-voters wanted.

If you want to count only those who voted in the last election, there is around 70 million voters who did not chose Donald Trump which is several million more than selected Trump. Why should these 70 million now sit down and shut up?

You don't have to read minds just pay attention to what they are saying.

I noticed that those on the losing side in 2008 and 2012 felt like they had the right to object to everything Obama did.

Maybe you snowflakes need to get out into the real world.

We had an election, we do not have "do overs". So, if someone sat it out and is now unhappy, yes, they should sit down, shut up, and be sure to vote next time.

That's how we do things - not with the pitchforks and burning torches.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 32 of 79 (51 Views)

MaVolta wrote:

Very well, then, we can agree to disagree, at least to a point. If 'resistance' is what is needed to investigate whether crimes or abuse of power has taken place, then so be it. Those involved brought it upon themselves through their actions and then lying to cover it up. 

I do agree that Trump & Co. are trying their best to interfere with the rights of the free press. And while I know that you don't believe in polls, the one I posted indicates that more people trust the press than trust the president.

Given the circumstances, the following quote seems appropriate . . . 

"A public man must never forget that he loses his usefulness when he as an individual, rather than his policy, becomes the issue." Richard M. Nixon
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/r/richardmn140855.html

I know that "interfere with the free press" meme has become a popular one to deflect from the violent left wing mobs in the street but I don't think it stands up to scrutiny. Yes, President Trump does do things differently. In this case he takes his message directly to the people rather than through the filter of the MSM. I do not think that violates the intent of the Constitution.

The Nixon quote may explain why the left wing has personalized things so much.

How 'bout that, the neo-Marxists learning from Richard Nixon. Talk about irony.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 33 of 79 (65 Views)

Fango-- Maybe you should watch the news or check the threads. Your guy's in huge trouble, and taking some of his croonies right down with him.  The investigation has now reached the WH. Yup, you should all be proud.

By the way, this thread is not about Hillary Clinton, which is old news. Maybe you should reread the title of the thread,  because nobody's buying diversions. 

Right wingers need to either get a grip on reality, or come up with better lies.  I mean I'm sure there are a lot of them--the liar in chief is the role model!!

politics, cats, kids, and dogs!!
Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 34 of 79 (70 Views)

I

pc6063 wrote:

RK--I don't think you'll have to worry about the resistance for long;   your guy's  slowly digging his own grave.

Having said that, the majority of the American people did not elect your guy, but if he was doing anywhere near an even FAIR job, the resistance would not be what it is. He has proven day in day out,  almost minute by minute, that he is incompetent to handle the job of president of the United States,  that he seems to be too stupid to understand what is restricted information and what is not, and he also appears to be too narcissistic to know when to shut his big mouth.

I just posted in another thread that there was a third person in the room  when Trump met with the Russians, who is reporting that Trump bragged about the firing of  COMEY, and that he told them that COMEY was "a wingnut and crazy"

. He then went on, and I am paraphrasing, and said something like that  there was great pressure on him with the Russian thing and this --Comey's firing, takes  The pressure off.

In addition, it seems that White House lawyers are starting to review impeachment proceedings, just in case, although it does not seem like a possibility at present. (CNN)

But, if Trump can't shut his mouth ; if he can't still those stupid fingers from those tweets, and if he can't show some ability to lead this country, it's only a matter of time. 

And "we the  people," will standby and watch a man who has damaged the reputation, honor, and security of all Americans  be removed from office.  And no one, who cares one iota about his or her country, will be sad to see this in competent go. 

These dire predictions brought to you from the same group who claimed, up until the night of the election in November, Hillary would win by a landslide.

Perhaps the law of averages  will catch up with the left and they will be right for a change.

Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 35 of 79 (79 Views)

HeyRK-- Never once said Trump was guilty of anything, as a matter fact, what I've always said is that is why there are ongoing investigations. Do I, given good mental faculties think he's guilty? You betcha!

All the lines kind of lead to Russia, don't they? 

This individual has proven his inability to lead, shown total incompetence,  is a proven liar, has condoned a healthcare bill that will literally leave 28 millions of Americans without health insurance, and who is under federal investigation for a criminal offense,  and who just today we find out, told the Russians during the "private" meeting that COMEY was a wingnut and crazy, that he, Trump, had been under a lot of pressure becauseof  the Russian investigation, but now with the firing of Comey, felt the pressure was eased. He then said, he was not under investigation. (CNN-- seems there was a third person in the room )

Does that not say to you that this guy really thought with  his links to Russia, this would no longer be an investigated?

Defending him, singing his praises, show me that to some right wing supporters feel he must be some kind of hero.

By the way, all you have to do is mention me in a post,  and I will respond to you.

That is not the responsibilty of other  posters. 

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 36 of 79 (86 Views)

RK--I don't think you'll have to worry about the resistance for long;   your guy's  slowly digging his own grave.

Having said that, the majority of the American people did not elect your guy, but if he was doing anywhere near an even FAIR job, the resistance would not be what it is. He has proven day in day out,  almost minute by minute, that he is incompetent to handle the job of president of the United States,  that he seems to be too stupid to understand what is restricted information and what is not, and he also appears to be too narcissistic to know when to shut his big mouth.

I just posted in another thread that there was a third person in the room  when Trump met with the Russians, who is reporting that Trump bragged about the firing of  COMEY, and that he told them that COMEY was "a wingnut and crazy"

. He then went on, and I am paraphrasing, and said something like that  there was great pressure on him with the Russian thing and this --Comey's firing, takes  The pressure off.

In addition, it seems that White House lawyers are starting to review impeachment proceedings, just in case, although it does not seem like a possibility at present. (CNN)

But, if Trump can't shut his mouth ; if he can't still those stupid fingers from those tweets, and if he can't show some ability to lead this country, it's only a matter of time. 

And "we the  people," will standby and watch a man who has damaged the reputation, honor, and security of all Americans  be removed from office.  And no one, who cares one iota about his or her country, will be sad to see this in competent go. 

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 37 of 79 (85 Views)

fangoh45 wrote:

MaVolta wrote:

@fangoh45 - How insulting can you be? Pretty insulting...sure you'll agree. Who are you to know what I read and don't read? I'm gifted, just like you all on the left, who have the ability to know which posters are racists, thugs, murderers, etc., simply by their thoughts on topical matters (including, but not limited to abortion) FYI. . .I get news from a variety of media outlets, including several from overseas, but I certainly don't watch Faux News, if that's what you mean. No, actually, I mean Fox news. There is a element on this board who supposedly get their facts from Faux News, which those in the know, realize is a non existent news source that was created only in the non comedic, adolescent minds of those on the left, not to unlike the town of Whoville in Thodore Geisel's novel. I keep tabs on the stock market, too (took a big drop). Not close enough tabs, I'm afraid. What has the market done (including today) since the anti business, last president left office, to land very lucrative speaking engagements with the same big bogeymen businesses he claimed to dislike.

Do you have something to contribute to the conversation, or do you just attack other posters? I'd like to think I contribute, but that's in the eyes of the beholder. A disagreement with others does not constitute an attack, does it?

I'm glad that you're so 'gifted'. Good day.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 38 of 79 (86 Views)

MaVolta wrote:

@fangoh45 - How insulting can you be? Pretty insulting...sure you'll agree. Who are you to know what I read and don't read? I'm gifted, just like you all on the left, who have the ability to know which posters are racists, thugs, murderers, etc., simply by their thoughts on topical matters (including, but not limited to abortion) FYI. . .I get news from a variety of media outlets, including several from overseas, but I certainly don't watch Faux News, if that's what you mean. No, actually, I mean Fox news. There is a element on this board who supposedly get their facts from Faux News, which those in the know, realize is a non existent news source that was created only in the non comedic, adolescent minds of those on the left, not to unlike the town of Whoville in Thodore Geisel's novel. I keep tabs on the stock market, too (took a big drop). Not close enough tabs, I'm afraid. What has the market done (including today) since the anti business, last president left office, to land very lucrative speaking engagements with the same big bogeymen businesses he claimed to dislike.

Do you have something to contribute to the conversation, or do you just attack other posters? I'd like to think I contribute, but that's in the eyes of the beholder. A disagreement with others does not constitute an attack, does it?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 39 of 79 (90 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

"We the people" means the voters who elected Donald Trump as our President. Governments are not determined by someone's mind reading as to who the non-voters wanted.

If you want to count only those who voted in the last election, there is around 70 million voters who did not chose Donald Trump which is several million more than selected Trump. Why should these 70 million now sit down and shut up?

You don't have to read minds just pay attention to what they are saying.

I noticed that those on the losing side in 2008 and 2012 felt like they had the right to object to everything Obama did.

Maybe you snowflakes need to get out into the real world.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 40 of 79 (80 Views)

@fangoh45 - How insulting can you be? Who are you to know what I read and don't read? FYI. . .I get news from a variety of media outlets, including several from overseas, but I certainly don't watch Faux News, if that's what you mean. I keep tabs on the stock market, too (took a big drop). 

Do you have something to contribute to the conversation, or do you just attack other posters?