Congress Agrees on a Tax Bill. What Does Proposed Tax Bill Mean for Older Americans? Learn More.

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Breaking News from RED STATE

Message 21 of 80

@Snoopy48 - Some on the right have short memories about what happened following the election of Barak Obama. Maybe a refresher is due. This article sums it up fairly well . . .

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/presidential-campaign/305749-republicans-employ-double-standar...

I don't hate President Trump either, but I certainly don't agree with or condone much of what he has been saying and doing. He's been his own worst enemy, mostly because he can't refrain from tweeting all of his displeasures, and making those 'poor, pitiful me' speeches. And as much as some around him try, they can't seem to get a handle on this guy.

Criticism isn't just from the democrats and progressives or whatever label, but there are many R's who were "never Trump" and continue to be so. (Anna Navarro is my favorite). I've also read many op-eds and articles from the conservative side that would much prefer a 'President Pence' to have some stabilty and just get on with business. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 22 of 80

rk9152 wrote:

Snoopy48 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Snoopy48 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

"We the people" means the voters who elected Donald Trump as our President. Governments are not determined by someone's mind reading as to who the non-voters wanted.

If you want to count only those who voted in the last election, there is around 70 million voters who did not chose Donald Trump which is several million more than selected Trump. Why should these 70 million now sit down and shut up?

You don't have to read minds just pay attention to what they are saying.

I noticed that those on the losing side in 2008 and 2012 felt like they had the right to object to everything Obama did.

Maybe you snowflakes need to get out into the real world.

We had an election, we do not have "do overs". So, if someone sat it out and is now unhappy, yes, they should sit down, shut up, and be sure to vote next time.

That's how we do things - not with the pitchforks and burning torches.

Maybe you can't read very good or you can't comprehend very good or you just ignore whatever doesn't fit your bias but I specifically spoke only about those who voted but were not dumb enough to vote for the con man.

I noticed that those on the losing side in 2008 and 2012 felt like they had the right to object to everything Obama did.

Maybe you can't read your own postings very well. As to the above, again, there is a difference between objection ideologically and taking the "mob in the street" approach. And, as to the future, again, better get out the "stay at homes" with a better candidate or you will have another four years to work on your ulcers with hatred for the President.

The "mob in the street" approach didn't seem to bother you when they supported your biases.

So how did you get anything about the non-voters from "those who voted"?

I no hatred of the current President no matter how incompetent he is. You seem to have a lot of hatred for anyone who was not conned by Trump. Why is that? Are you now feeling foolish for falling for all his lies?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 23 of 80

RK -- mob like mentality – – perhaps you should have written a letter to trump when he encouraged  such activity during his long and racist campaign.  Probably too late for that now, but you could still write a letter to the Alt. Right, Rush Limbaugh, and fictitious FOXNews.  Possibly a letter to Steve Bannon would help. Or, you could take out an ad in a national paper,  telling trump supporters to quit sucker punching people, who are peacefully protesting is their right under the United States Constitution.  

Yeah, that might help and soothing your fears about mob violence in the streets.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 24 of 80

Snoopy48 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Snoopy48 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

"We the people" means the voters who elected Donald Trump as our President. Governments are not determined by someone's mind reading as to who the non-voters wanted.

If you want to count only those who voted in the last election, there is around 70 million voters who did not chose Donald Trump which is several million more than selected Trump. Why should these 70 million now sit down and shut up?

We had an election, we do not have "do overs". So, if someone sat it out and is now unhappy, yes, they should sit down, shut up, and be sure to vote next time.

Maybe you can't read very good or you can't comprehend very good or you just ignore whatever doesn't fit your bias but I specifically spoke only about those who voted but were not dumb enough to vote for the con man.

Maybe you can't read your own postings very well. As to the above, again, there is a difference between objection ideologically and taking the "mob in the street" approach. And, as to the future, again, better get out the "stay at homes" with a better candidate or you will have another four years to work on your ulcers with hatred for the President.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 25 of 80

MaVolta--What strikes me when listening to trump is what he HAS learned

self-pity

racism

bigotry

how to be a sexual predator

how to obstruct justice

how to collude

how to commit treason

What he hasn't learned would take hours to post!

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 26 of 80

rk9152 wrote:

MaVolta wrote:

Very well, then, we can agree to disagree, at least to a point. If 'resistance' is what is needed to investigate whether crimes or abuse of power has taken place, then so be it. Those involved brought it upon themselves through their actions and then lying to cover it up. 

I do agree that Trump & Co. are trying their best to interfere with the rights of the free press. And while I know that you don't believe in polls, the one I posted indicates that more people trust the press than trust the president.

Given the circumstances, the following quote seems appropriate . . . 

"A public man must never forget that he loses his usefulness when he as an individual, rather than his policy, becomes the issue." Richard M. Nixon
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/r/richardmn140855.html

I know that "interfere with the free press" meme has become a popular one to deflect from the violent left wing mobs in the street but I don't think it stands up to scrutiny. Yes, President Trump does do things differently. In this case he takes his message directly to the people rather than through the filter of the MSM. I do not think that violates the intent of the Constitution.

The Nixon quote may explain why the left wing has personalized things so much.

How 'bout that, the neo-Marxists learning from Richard Nixon. Talk about irony.

IMO, the irony, as I see it, is that President Trump learned nothing from President Nixon.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 27 of 80

rk9152 wrote:

Snoopy48 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 28 of 80

alferdpacker wrote:

You mean our forefathers were completely wrong and we should have remained property of Great Britain?

You post that all over the place but do not respond to the very basic question - are you calling for an armed revolution to oust our Constitutionally elected President??

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 29 of 80

pc6063 wrote:

HeyRK-- Never once said Trump was guilty of anything, as a matter fact, what I've always said is that is why there are ongoing investigations. Do I, given good mental faculties think he's guilty? You betcha!

All the lines kind of lead to Russia, don't they? 

This individual has proven his inability to lead, shown total incompetence,  is a proven liar, has condoned a healthcare bill that will literally leave 28 millions of Americans without health insurance, and who is under federal investigation for a criminal offense,  and who just today we find out, told the Russians during the "private" meeting that COMEY was a wingnut and crazy, that he, Trump, had been under a lot of pressure becauseof  the Russian investigation, but now with the firing of Comey, felt the pressure was eased. He then said, he was not under investigation. (CNN-- seems there was a third person in the room )

Does that not say to you that this guy really thought with  his links to Russia, this would no longer be an investigated?

Defending him, singing his praises, show me that to some right wing supporters feel he must be some kind of hero.

By the way, all you have to do is mention me in a post,  and I will respond to you.

That is not the responsibilty of other  posters. 

If laws were broken, I assume the investigator will determine that and we can go on from there. Unless and until that determination is made a few deep breaths would be a good idea.

Possibly an understanding of the standards involved can be determined by looking back to the '96 campaign when "all roads led to China".

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 30 of 80

rk9152 wrote:

Snoopy48 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

You mean our forefathers were completely wrong and we should have remained property of Great Britain?

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning