Are You Ready for the Next Natural Disaster? AARP Live Can Help You Get Prepared Tonight at 10 p.m. Watch here

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Breaking News from RED STATE

Message 1 of 80 (123 Views)

pc6063 wrote:

Denial that the birther movement wasn't racially motivated, is a ridiculous statement,  the utterance of which, shows the denier to be a fool. 

I posted"A place of birth is "a place of birth" not "race". Are you calling me a fool for that very rational statement? 

I was never interested in the whole "place of birth" issue. However, I did object strongly to much of the Obama  agenda. And for that, some on the left consider me a "racist". Your views on that??

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 80 (135 Views)

Denial that the birther movement wasn't racially motivated, is a ridiculous statement,  the utterance of which, shows the denier to be a fool. 

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 80 (140 Views)

CriticalThinking wrote:

What about Trump's long term assault on President Obama, claiming he wasn't born in America?

• "A place of birth is "a place of birth" not "race".

It is common knowledge in educated circles that the attack on President Obama's credibility, his birth location, was racially motivated. The essence of the attack was the black man is not an American, so he's not a legitimate President. 

Ah yes - the elitism of the radical left again. Obviously we "deplorables" and "rubes" do not travel in those "educated circles" so we should just shut up and accept the wisdom offered by our "betters". Shall we call you "Massa"?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 80 (150 Views)

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

CriticalThinking wrote:

What about Trump's long term assault on President Obama, claiming he wasn't born in America?

It is common knowledge in educated circles that the attack on President Obama's credibility, his birth location, was racially motivated. The essence of the attack was the black man is not an American, so he's not a legitimate President. 

Such an accusation was never made about white Presidents.

I'm sure RK won't believe the above, but nobody in this forum expects him to acknowledge the racist motivation of Trump's bogus allegations.

Just as Trump refuses to hand over his tax returns and the left believes it would show connections to Russia (no way), since Obama didn't turn over his original birth certificate, Trump didn't believe he was eligible to become President.  Beyond that, you are really stretching reality calling it racist!  It may (or may not have been), but only Donald knows!

I doubt if one in ten could produce their original birth certificate and many who think they have their original birth certificate would find that the copy they have is not acceptable as proof of their citizenship. Most people have a document from the state where they were born which would be similar to what Obama provided in June 2008.

Have those who spent 8 years demanding Obama's birth certificate - even after it was provided multiple times by the state of Hawaii - even asked once for Trump's? For that matter, when did GWBush, WJClinton, GHWBush, RReagan, etc. provide there birth certificates?

Trusted Social Butterfly

Breaking News from RED STATE

[ Edited ]
Message 5 of 80 (161 Views)

It's the accusation by itself which was racist. As far as Obama not releasing his birth certificate, I have no idea where that bogus allegation comes from (probably racist).

Trump's belief in this theory persisted despite Obama's pre-election release of his official Hawaiian birth certificate in 2008;

[1] confirmation, based on the original documents, by the Hawaii Department of Health;

[6] the April 2011 release of a certified copy of Obama's original Certificate of Live Birth (or long-form birth certificate); and

[7] contemporaneous birth announcements published in Hawaii newspapers.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 80 (168 Views)

CriticalThinking wrote:

I'm sure RK won't believe the above, but nobody in this forum expects him to acknowledge the racist motivation of Trump's bogus allegations.

Just as Trump refuses to hand over his tax returns and the left believes it would show connections to Russia (no way), since Obama didn't turn over his original birth certificate, Trump didn't believe he was eligible to become President.  Beyond that, you are really stretching reality calling it racist!  It may (or may not have been), but only Donald knows!

Trusted Social Butterfly

Breaking News from RED STATE

Message 7 of 80 (174 Views)

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 80 (175 Views)

Snoopy48 wrote:

(about - "You seem to have a lot of hatred for anyone who was not conned by Trump. Why is that? Are you now feeling foolish for falling for all his lies?)

I judge your reactions by what you have posted.

And what have I posted that shows hatred for......etc.???

Did you just figure out that some people voted and others did not? You still have not said why you believe that only those who voted for Trump count. Why do you insist that the 70 million who voted for someone other than Trump do not have a right to have their voices heard?

No, I knew it all along. And, yes, in determining the outcome of an election, only those who voted count. The people you refer to have a right to be heard, not heeded.

You finally found something that Trump said that was true but you seem to have a very low bar for him. Were you actually surprised that if Trump was elected that Clinton would not be President? Were you afraid that Trump would appoint Hillary President after his election?

I have no idea what you are talking about.

His approach is different from the other 44 Presidents but I wouldn't call it refreshing. Of course, I don't consider bluster and whining refreshing.

As they say, "That's what makes horse racing".

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 80 (178 Views)

alotofgrey wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

I guess the Right here will say that Comey is lying or that this is fake news. How much has to happen before donaldvoters stop blindly supporting Trump and actually question what Trump is doing?

I think I'll just take the Comey approach and say, "But he didn't mean to break the law".

I don't believe there is any "blind supporting" going on here. I believe it is simply a case of having elected a President and a Congress and wanting all this intentional, partisan disruption that stops them from doing their jobs to cease.

Stated simply - you lost, get over it.

Since he was fired has Comey said anything?

I'm aware of his very nice goodby letter to the FBI employees that worked for him. Other than that, what? .

Previously he did state under oath that there had been no pressure. Now he may be being silent until his testimony.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 80 (182 Views)

CriticalThinking wrote:

"You're gonna have to flesh it out a bit."

Where can we start?

• What about Trump's long term assault on President Obama, claiming he wasn't born in America?
  • A place of birth is "a place of birth" not "race".
  • A judge isn't qualified because his parents were born in Mexico
  • And his association with a Mexican group suing Trump.
  • Trump  insulted Khan’s wife, who did not speak during her husband’s speech at the Democratic Convention, asking if she was perhaps not allowed to talk  stereotyping the Muslim community.
  • He reacted to an attack on him by a Dem operative at a Dem event. Kahn used his wife and his dead son as props.
  • Trump twice defended former Fox News Chairman and CEO Roger Ailes’ alleged sexual misconduct, calling the lawsuit against Ailes “so sad” and insisted the alleged assault was likely “friendly.”
  • "Sexual misconduct" is now "racist"??
  • David Duke cited Trump's campaign as motivating him to run for office again
  • I believe that is called "guilt by association" and, in this case a very thin "association".
  • Anti-Jewish, White Nationalists Alt. Right groups proudly supported Trump's campaign
  • Ditto.
  • Trump selected Alt Right (White Nationalist) Steve Bannon for a key White House post
  • Your assigning "titles" to people does not make them accurate.
  • White Nationalists surround trump. White House strategist Steve Bannon, senior adviser Stephen Miller, deputy assistant to the president Sebastian Gorka and Attorney General Jeff Sessions.
  • Ditto.
  • etc.
  • Ditto.