Start Here or Call 844-222-0104 to Urge Your Senator to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Breaking News from RED STATE

Message 41 of 80 (180 Views)

@fangoh45 - How insulting can you be? Who are you to know what I read and don't read? FYI. . .I get news from a variety of media outlets, including several from overseas, but I certainly don't watch Faux News, if that's what you mean. I keep tabs on the stock market, too (took a big drop). 

Do you have something to contribute to the conversation, or do you just attack other posters?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 42 of 80 (178 Views)

MaVolta wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

So I am saying that the "Resistance" is disrupting the normal flow of government as well as free speech through out the nation.

So I hope that clarifies things.

Very well, then, we can agree to disagree, at least to a point. If 'resistance' is what is needed to investigate whether crimes or abuse of power has taken place, then so be it. Those involved brought it upon themselves through their actions and then lying to cover it up. 

I do agree that Trump & Co. are trying their best to interfere with the rights of the free press. And while I know that you don't believe in polls, the one I posted indicates that more people trust the press than trust the president.

Given the circumstances, the following quote seems appropriate . . . 

"A public man must never forget that he loses his usefulness when he as an individual, rather than his policy, becomes the issue." Richard M. Nixon
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/r/richardmn140855.html

More people trust the news than the president. Maybe...the press is a very, very powerful vehicle to iinfluence peoples minds, even though they report biased and untrue news. Certainly, the Russians beleived every word they read in the agenda fueled papers, like Pravda.

How much are you reading about the unemployment figures, the dramatic reduction in illegals coming into the country, the stock market performance, housing starts and sales and on and on? If, you're reading and listening to the leftist media in this country, very, very little, if any.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 43 of 80 (180 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

So I am saying that the "Resistance" is disrupting the normal flow of government as well as free speech through out the nation.

Very well, then, we can agree to disagree, at least to a point. If 'resistance' is what is needed to investigate whether crimes or abuse of power has taken place, then so be it. Those involved brought it upon themselves through their actions and then lying to cover it up. 

I do agree that Trump & Co. are trying their best to interfere with the rights of the free press. And while I know that you don't believe in polls, the one I posted indicates that more people trust the press than trust the president.

Given the circumstances, the following quote seems appropriate . . . 

"A public man must never forget that he loses his usefulness when he as an individual, rather than his policy, becomes the issue." Richard M. Nixon
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/r/richardmn140855.html

Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 44 of 80 (166 Views)

pc6063 wrote:

Chasky--You are correct! Such childish thoughts about winning or losing. It's the Republican playbook  at work once again. They are brainwashed into thinking that trump's illegal activities have something to do with Hillary. 

That is all they have--imposible to admit trump is a mess and he's creating an even bigger mess for this country. Impossible for them to believe that anyone can be objective.  They certainly have never seen that in their hero or any of his cronies.

chas - you might want to point out to pc no one with any intelligence on either side have said that President Trump has committed any illegal activities, that is why there are investigations going on - to find out.

You might also want to tell him or her that no one has said that anything President Trump did as anything to do with the losing candidate. 

And one final point - you could tell him or her that no one over here are into that silly "hero" jazz. That seems to be the obsession of the other side.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 45 of 80 (156 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

Those participating in the resistance are "we the people" too rk. And ......... three millions more people voted for Hillary than for Trump. Those "we the people" have every right to stand against Trump, his platform, and the Republican's platform. It's what "makes America great".

Yes they are - as are bank robbers but I hardly think they make America great either.

And the Bolsheviks were "we the people" of their nation. That worked out pretty well, didn't it?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 46 of 80 (150 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

The citizens of this country have the absolute right to resist Trump, his platform, and any other politician's platform they don't like. There is that pesky Constitution thingy that certain posters bring up so often and it gives citizens that right.

Yes they do - at the ballot box, not via disruptions. 

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 47 of 80 (148 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

Yes, there was "resistance against Obama" and there still is.

Did either McCain or Romney proudly proclaim that they were joining the "Resistance" to Obama.

No one could come up with a crime on Hillary, yet there were 7 or more Republican led  investigations and an FBI investigation that found no laws were broken.

The FBI did but chose not to prosecute after the "tarmac summit".

Now both Dems and Republicans are calling for more investigation into Trump's and Trump's cronies' ties to the Russians and the Russians' involvement in our elections. Do I see double standards?

Yes, I do.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 48 of 80 (147 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

So we are supposed to overlook everything that Trump does wrong, even if he breaks the law, and let him and Congress "do their jobs"? The Right seems to be obsessed with the "winning and losing" thing. This isn't about "winning and losing", it's about governing ......................  Trump and the Republicans in Congress seem to know nothing about that. Trump is self destructing.

So we are supposed to let those charged with law breaking do their jobs - not the mobs in the street, not the biased media.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 49 of 80 (145 Views)

pc6063 wrote:

RK--"The Resistance" has nothing to do with the election, even though I know that is the crap the RW news and trump are telling you.  The Resistence is standing up against the immoral and illegal actions of trump and those representatives who enable him as he dismantles the economic and moral values of America, AND NOW, PUTS THIS COUNTRY AT RISK.

Blaming Hillary is ridiculous, weak, and a totally bogus excuse put out there by those who have no one else to blame, other than trump and friends, and, oh God, they couldn't possibly tell THE TRUTH AND PUT THE BLAME SQUARELY WHERE IT BELONGS.

I did not hear any such "crap" on any news report and President Trump has not spoken with me. So, you own that "crap".

And speaking of "crap" - who blamed anything on Hillary??? So, I guess you own that "crap" too.

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 50 of 80 (142 Views)

MaVolta wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

MaVolta wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

The "Resistance" is far broader than elected representatives. It is the "Resistance" outside the established governmental areas - like the "Resistance" Hillary was cheered for saying she was joining.

Here is more:

http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/12/obama-pacs-bus-protesters-to-gop-town-halls/

Oh, you mean 'resistance' as in "we the people" resistance? So that's what's stopping the Trump agenda in Congress? We the people, what a novel idea!

Oh, I mean the "Resistance" that Hillary said she was joining.

"We the people" are the ones who elected President Trump. The "Resistance" are those trying to overturn the elections.

So you are saying that the "Resistance" and Hillary are stopping Trump and the R-majority from carrying out their campaign promises? Will wonders ever cease?

Or could it be the staggering disapproval ratings for both Trump and Congress? His base is rapidly eroding. "We the people" sometimes change their minds.

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2456