Start Here or Call 844-222-0104 to Urge Your Senator to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Bernie Sanders Most Popular U.S. Politician

Message 1 of 6 (128 Views)

I really love Bernie Sanders, who does have the ear of the younger generations, as well as many of us more marinated people!!  Had he been nominated, I gladly would have stood behind him.  i believe that he would have made a wonderul president.

At 75, he will too close to 80 to run for president in four years.  I just hope that whomever the nominee should be at that time, Mr. Sanders will be asked to be an advisor, and that once aboard, his advice is heeded. 

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 6 (135 Views)

I think Elizabeth Warren is a likely candidate for the Democratic Primary. But, can't rule out Biden.

The "Sanders Wing of the Democratic Party" could rise again with (possibly) Tulsi Gabbard being the choice. It will come down to who "will not have a Super PAC" and who will "not take money from corporate America" - Tulsi Gabbard and/or Elizabeth Warren. One of those two will be first woman President.

Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 6 (148 Views)
Independent here former Dem. and so far Bernie is the one doing most of the work for the Democrats. He does have his finger on the pulse regarding what needs to happen within the Democratic Party IMO. You are correct when you mention the young people need to get engaged in this country, them and the other 100 million plus voters who don't turn out to vote. But to do that they need to put down their smart phone for awhile and get engaged. They are the ones who are inheriting a sick planet, thanks to climate change. I am not so sure about Warren running. I am keeping my eyes on early candidates, whether they be Dems. or Bernie or some other yet unnamed in dependent.. I am also listening to comments from Joe Biden to see what if anything he decides as well.

Message 4 of 6 (166 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

I agree with a lot of what Bernie says. It looks like the Democrats are grooming Warren to run for POTUS in 2020, seems they have already picked her as THE candidate. I think that the DNC needs to change, move slightly to the left and bring Independents and the young people into the Party. The same old same old ain't gonna' make it.

Agreed...

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 6 (174 Views)

I agree with a lot of what Bernie says. It looks like the Democrats are grooming Warren to run for POTUS in 2020, seems they have already picked her as THE candidate. I think that the DNC needs to change, move slightly to the left and bring Independents and the young people into the Party. The same old same old ain't gonna' make it.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"

Bernie Sanders Most Popular U.S. Politician

Message 6 of 6 (179 Views)

When asked if he considered himself a Democrat, Bernie Sanders said “I am an independent and I think if the Democratic Party is going to succeed, and I want to see it succeed, it’s going to have to open its door to independents".

The percentage of Americans who consider themselves independents stood at 42 percent in a Gallup poll conducted in March, higher than both Republicans, at 26 percent, and Democrats, at 30 percent.

House Speaker Paul Ryan, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and White House counselor Kellyanne Conway all were viewed negatively by more than 40 percent of the respondents. McConnell was viewed positively by just 23 percent.

Democrats were also far from universally popular.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and Senate Democratic Leader Charles Schumer had negative approval ratings, as did Hillary Clinton.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/poll-bernie-sanders-is-most-popular-u-s-politician/