ACA Open Enrollment Ends Dec. 15. Review Your Options Before Being Locked in for 2018. Read More

Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Anti-gay Kentucky judge must hear LGBTQ cases

Message 1 of 95

rk9152 wrote:

other causes you can champion.

There are, and I support them too.

Cite court decisions that require that when religious displays are allowed upon public property that Satanic Temple displays and other non-christian displays also be allowed as has been found to be Constitutionally mandated.

Lodge legal action supporting monuments to slaves be allowed to stand alongside monuments to confederates.

Lodge legal actions supporting the concept that there's no legal reason that memorials honoring Axis Sally and Tokyo Rose should not be allowed to stand upon public land alongside memorials honoring confederates who engaged in support of armed rebellion against the United States.

Republican/Conservative hypocrisy leaves so many dozens of examples to be pointed out...

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning
Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 95

alferdpacker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

pc6063 wrote:

RK--Yup, I know there are all sorts of courts--used traffic because he would be in trouble in an appellate court because he might run into the same problem, same with criminal court. Looks like he is in family court, so yeah, traffic/town court.

Bottom line - the vast majority of issues that comes before the courts are not the sort of thing that gets the LGBTQ NATION and it's activist supporters in a hissy fit.

And un-American homophobic prejudicial bigots who have never really accepted the fact that the world has changed and that the Obergefels v Hodges decision is now the Law of the Land - persist in dishonestly and seditiously attempting - in their own sleazy and unpatriotic manner - to subvert Consitiutional Law.

It is hard to see how that bigoted, anti-straight screed has anything to do with - "Bottom line - the vast majority of issues that comes before the courts are not the sort of thing that gets the LGBTQ NATION and it's activist supporters in a hissy fit".

Knew rk9152 would fail to see it.

Nevertheless, one must post the truth for those who can see it.

rk didn't see "it" because there is no "it" there. This is purely a case of gay activists pushing a non-issue strictly for the purposes of attention.

The judge did the right thing, the perspective adoptees were not harmed, let it go. I'm sure LGBTNATION has other causes you can champion.

Message 3 of 95

rk9152 wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

pc6063 wrote:

RK--Yup, I know there are all sorts of courts--used traffic because he would be in trouble in an appellate court because he might run into the same problem, same with criminal court. Looks like he is in family court, so yeah, traffic/town court.

Bottom line - the vast majority of issues that comes before the courts are not the sort of thing that gets the LGBTQ NATION and it's activist supporters in a hissy fit.

And un-American homophobic prejudicial bigots who have never really accepted the fact that the world has changed and that the Obergefels v Hodges decision is now the Law of the Land - persist in dishonestly and seditiously attempting - in their own sleazy and unpatriotic manner - to subvert Consitiutional Law.

It is hard to see how that bigoted, anti-straight screed has anything to do with - "Bottom line - the vast majority of issues that comes before the courts are not the sort of thing that gets the LGBTQ NATION and it's activist supporters in a hissy fit".

Knew rk9152 would fail to see it.

Nevertheless, one must post the truth for those who can see it.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 95

pc6063 wrote:

RK--I would disagree that this sort of thing is not what upsets this community. The gains  they have made for equality have been hard, and each time something like this happens, they fear setback.

Something like WHAT happens? The judge recused himself so that the gay community would not have a problem

Now I am not speaking about the judge recusing himself. I am talking about the upper courts telling this judge that he has to hear cases from the LGBTQ community.  In fact, these people are being told that they must appear before a biased judge. Seems that  the upper courts have forgotten that real justice is blind to all but the law that rules the land.

It is the recusal that is the topic and has LGBTQ NATION all upset.

I agree that the judge recusing himself was the honorable thing to do and forcing him to hear the case was judicial activism. So, if you are correct, the LGBTQ community and I am in agreement

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 95

alferdpacker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

pc6063 wrote:

Message 6 of 95

Yawn

Max Reger, Winston Churchill and George Bernard Shaw are all attributed with having made a certain response - one which nearly every Americane has heard of at one time or another - it doesn't need to be posted  - we can all just think of it and smile...

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 95

alferdpacker wrote:

Real Patriotic Americans live with the reality of Constitutional Law.

So how long have you been practicing law without a license? 

Message 8 of 95

Real Patriotic Americans accept what the Supreme Court says the law IS, and obey that definition of what the law is in both letter and spirit.

Have you ever heard me whine and carp about the Citizens United decision?

No you never have - because I accept it and have "manned up" and live with it.

You have a right to have your beliefs and worship as you believe you should.

You do NOT have a moral, ethical, or patriotic right to go against the Law of the Land as defined by Constitutional Decisions of the Supreme Court - which, as Marbury v Madison has firmly established(and has not been overturned for the last 213 years) -

The Supreme court says what the law IS.

Real Patriotic Americans live with, accept, and live the letter and spirit of what the Supreme Court has said Constitutionally Valid Law IS.

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 95

alferdpacker wrote:

That makes them 'un-American' because they have different opinions than you?   In other words everyone is bigoted except those who believe like you?  There is no doubt that there are some here who cannot accept that others have as much right to their beliefs as them.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 95

RK--I would disagree that this sort of thing is not what upsets this community. The gains  they have made for equality have been hard, and each time something like this happens, they fear setback.

Now I am not speaking about the judge recusing himself. I am talking about the upper courts telling this judge that he has to hear cases from the LGBTQ community.  In fact, these people are being told that they must appear before a biased judge. Seems that  the upper courts have forgotten that real justice is blind to all but the law that rules the land.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!