AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Anti-gay Kentucky judge must hear LGBTQ cases

[ Edited ]
Message 11 of 95 (315 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

pc6063 wrote:

RK--Yup, I know there are all sorts of courts--used traffic because he would be in trouble in an appellate court because he might run into the same problem, same with criminal court. Looks like he is in family court, so yeah, traffic/town court.

Bottom line - the vast majority of issues that comes before the courts are not the sort of thing that gets the LGBTQ NATION and it's activist supporters in a hissy fit.

And un-American homophobic prejudicial bigots who have never really accepted the fact that the world has changed and that the Obergefels v Hodges decision is now the Law of the Land - persist in dishonestly and seditiously attempting - in their own sleazy and unpatriotic manner - to subvert Consitiutional Law.

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 12 of 95 (312 Views)

pc6063 wrote:

RK--Yup, I know there are all sorts of courts--used traffic because he would be in trouble in an appellate court because he might run into the same problem, same with criminal court. Looks like he is in family court, so yeah, traffic/town court.

Bottom line - the vast majority of issues that comes before the courts are not the sort of thing that gets the LGBTQ NATION and it's activist supporters in a hissy fit.

Message 13 of 95 (315 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

So does that mean you're not going to post documented facts?

Demand proof?  Why whenever I please.

Whenever you do.  What does that have to with carrying on a discussion? 

You can say whatever you please - doesn't mean I'll give credence to any of it unless it's backed by scientifically proved facts.

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 14 of 95 (313 Views)

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Respected Social Butterfly

Message 15 of 95 (313 Views)

alferdpacker wrote:

Whenever you do.  What does that have to with carrying on a discussion? 

Message 16 of 95 (300 Views)

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

resident of Tennessee -

Who mentioned Tennessee?  These counties are in Kentucky, not Tennessee, but of course you ASSUMED something about Tennessee, and your kudo buddy jumped right in...RIGHT?

Suffice it to say, I'm familiar with that part of Kentucky, in fact have relatives who live close by. 

And when did you get into the position to demand proof from anyone?   And scientific proof belongs in a laboratory, not on a discussion forum about politics and current events.

[ Edited ]
Message 17 of 95 (308 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

What do you think "his verdicts" should be?  The word "appears" is interesting.

there is no doubt they can't stand anyone who disagrees with them.  Sounds very much like posters who think they are being censored when others disagree with them.

And according to activists, no one has a right to any opinion or belief other than theirs.  Welcome to the new Amerika.  And again, sounds like those how despise those with differing views like those complaining that college students walked out on Pence.  Sure seems to be a one way street. 

Try to focus. The topic is something that upset LGBTQ NATION and it's supporters, not college students or who is censoring who. 

Or is it just band together and "dump on Tx"?

Some may view that concept favorably - some may not.

So what does a verified fact-based survey determine is the actual percentage pro and con?

Yep, my guess was correct. Now, it's just a "body count" thing.

I note that you have avoided answering the question.

Is that simply a conservative form of disingenuity?

Or is it a tacit admission of complete and abject failure to come up with an answer to the question?

I suggest that it's probably both.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 18 of 95 (302 Views)

pc6063 wrote:

RK--This judge may not be a factor in the case in question, but what about those to come?  I am not familiar with the locale over which this judge presides, but one wonders if there is not another court he could have been tranferred to-- for example, traffic court?  I don't say that to be demeaning, but this is a disaster just waiting to happen for all involved.

Since he was honorable enough to do the right thing this time, I expect that he will be in the future.

Believe it or not, there is more happening in courts other than speeding tickets and lesbian adoptions.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 19 of 95 (298 Views)

alferdpacker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

What do you think "his verdicts" should be?  The word "appears" is interesting.

there is no doubt they can't stand anyone who disagrees with them.  Sounds very much like posters who think they are being censored when others disagree with them.

And according to activists, no one has a right to any opinion or belief other than theirs.  Welcome to the new Amerika.  And again, sounds like those how despise those with differing views like those complaining that college students walked out on Pence.  Sure seems to be a one way street. 

Try to focus. The topic is something that upset LGBTQ NATION and it's supporters, not college students or who is censoring who. 

Or is it just band together and "dump on Tx"?

Some may view that concept favorably - some may not.

So what does a verified fact-based survey determine is the actual percentage pro and con?

Yep, my guess was correct. Now, it's just a "body count" thing.

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 20 of 95 (303 Views)

alferdpacker wrote:

resident of Tennessee -

Who mentioned Tennessee?  These counties are in Kentucky, not Tennessee, but of course you ASSUMED something about Tennessee, and your kudo buddy jumped right in...RIGHT?

Suffice it to say, I'm familiar with that part of Kentucky, in fact have relatives who live close by. 

And when did you get into the position to demand proof from anyone?   And scientific proof belongs in a laboratory, not on a discussion forum about politics and current events.