Watch Tonight for Tips to Save Money on Pricey Prescription Drugs at 10 p.m. ET on AARP LIVE! Watch Here

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Alt-Right

Message 11 of 142

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Honestly - just wait for someone else to post something and "Yeah, me too" it. You are out of your depths if all you have is, "You should know"

Honesty ............... you just wait for others to post something so that you can stay in your depths of denial, false accusations,  fallacies and personal attacks. And yes, "you should know".

Actually, what you are seeing is me responding to silliness like what you just added. Do you have anything intelligent to add to this effort to understand the meaning of "alt-right"?

Just to clarify - "You should know" adds nothing to an effort to understand your thinking. If you have any thoughts on the topic, you really have to post them - I can't "know" your thoughts. Some among our fellow posters do claim mind reading abilities - I am not one of them.

"Mind reading abilities"???  Evidently you don't have 'dictionary reading abilities' either. You may not consider this as "intelligent" but here is the Merriam-Webster definition of "Alt-Right" (which seems to be in conflict with your more than narrow un-intelligent self serving definition):

Definition of alt-right

: a right-wing, primarily online political movement or grouping based in the U.S. whose members reject mainstream conservative politics and espouse extremist beliefs and policies typically centered on ideas of white nationalism
  • Welcome to the alt-right. The label blends together straight-up white supremacists, nationalists who think conservatives have sold out to globalization, and nativists who fear immigration will spur civil disarray.
  • —Dylan Matthews
  • Rather than concede the moral high ground to the left, the alt right turns the left's moralism on its head and makes it a badge of honor to be called "racist," "homophobic," and "sexist."
  • —Benjamin Welton
  • Regardless of who triumphs at the ballot box, the biggest winner of this presidential election may be the alt-right: a sprawling coalition of reactionary conservatives who have lobbied to make the United States more "traditional," more "populist" and more white.
  • —Jonathon Morgan
often used before another noun
  • an alt-right manifesto
  • Secularism is indeed correlated with greater tolerance of gay marriage and pot legalization. But it's also making America's partisan clashes more brutal. And it has contributed to the rise of … the so-called alt-right movement, whose members see themselves as proponents of white nationalism.
  • —Peter Beinart

You found some lefties to give your lefty definition. What was wrong with the previously offered, non-ideological definition? Or, better yet, what is wrong with Spencer's definition - after all he, not Dylan Matthews coined the term.

By the are you aware that you challenged my 'dictionary reading abilities' and immediately went to Dylan Matthew's definition?

Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 12 of 142

CriticalThinking wrote:

Every intelligent person, and let me emphasize the word intelligent, understands the Tea Party slogan implemented almost immediately after Obama was elected, was a RACIST message for White America. 

TAKE OUR COUNTRY BACK

Obama is half black and he is full Progressive. Why does it not mean to take it back from the neoMarxists?

Why do you lefties see everything in racial terms?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 13 of 142

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Honestly - just wait for someone else to post something and "Yeah, me too" it. You are out of your depths if all you have is, "You should know"

Honesty ............... you just wait for others to post something so that you can stay in your depths of denial, false accusations,  fallacies and personal attacks. And yes, "you should know".

Actually, what you are seeing is me responding to silliness like what you just added. Do you have anything intelligent to add to this effort to understand the meaning of "alt-right"?

Just to clarify - "You should know" adds nothing to an effort to understand your thinking. If you have any thoughts on the topic, you really have to post them - I can't "know" your thoughts. Some among our fellow posters do claim mind reading abilities - I am not one of them.

"Mind reading abilities"???  Evidently you don't have 'dictionary reading abilities' either. You may not consider this as "intelligent" but here is the Merriam-Webster definition of "Alt-Right" (which seems to be in conflict with your more than narrow un-intelligent self serving definition):

Definition of alt-right

: a right-wing, primarily online political movement or grouping based in the U.S. whose members reject mainstream conservative politics and espouse extremist beliefs and policies typically centered on ideas of white nationalism
  • Welcome to the alt-right. The label blends together straight-up white supremacists, nationalists who think conservatives have sold out to globalization, and nativists who fear immigration will spur civil disarray.
  • —Dylan Matthews
  • Rather than concede the moral high ground to the left, the alt right turns the left's moralism on its head and makes it a badge of honor to be called "racist," "homophobic," and "sexist."
  • —Benjamin Welton
  • Regardless of who triumphs at the ballot box, the biggest winner of this presidential election may be the alt-right: a sprawling coalition of reactionary conservatives who have lobbied to make the United States more "traditional," more "populist" and more white.
  • —Jonathon Morgan
often used before another noun
  • an alt-right manifesto
  • Secularism is indeed correlated with greater tolerance of gay marriage and pot legalization. But it's also making America's partisan clashes more brutal. And it has contributed to the rise of … the so-called alt-right movement, whose members see themselves as proponents of white nationalism.
  • —Peter Beinart

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Trusted Social Butterfly

Alt-Right

Message 14 of 142

Every intelligent person, and let me emphasize the word intelligent, understands the Tea Party slogan implemented almost immediately after Obama was elected, was a RACIST message for White America. 

TAKE OUR COUNTRY BACK

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 15 of 142

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 16 of 142

Snoopy48 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Snoopy48 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Snoopy48 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

For the umpteenth time - yes, I agree with Spencer's definition of the term (the topic). I have no idea what he wants about ethnic cleansing and I have no desire for it.

Can we now end this foolish chain letter? Correction, there is nothing more I can say to you, so I'll end it.

If you don't know anything about Spencer and his goals why are you so concerned about the meaning of a phrase he coined? If you learn anything about Spencer and his goals maybe you will denounce him like all thinking people have already done. But then you may find you support his goals.

I see that first sentence as just looking for a fight since I never said that. If I read you wrong, please explain.

BTW - of course I denounce his goal for America. But that isn't the topic. The topic is an accurate definition as opposed to the one used by some posters, "Anyone who disagrees with me".

Simply, as I said, once you find out what Spencer's goal for America is you may or may not agree with that goal.

I have, I do not. So, other than looking for a fight, what is your point?

You have spent a whole lot of time defending someone you do not agree with at all.

This whole topic and every one of your responses indicates that you are simply looking for a fight. You show, over and over, that you have no interest in discussing a topic but spend your time and energy demanding that everyone agree with your, generally incorrect, claims.

I'll make a deal with you - cite a single post where I have defended Spencer or let's end this silly game.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 17 of 142

rk9152 wrote:

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 18 of 142

rk9152 wrote:

Snoopy48 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Snoopy48 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

For the umpteenth time - yes, I agree with Spencer's definition of the term (the topic). I have no idea what he wants about ethnic cleansing and I have no desire for it.

Can we now end this foolish chain letter? Correction, there is nothing more I can say to you, so I'll end it.

If you don't know anything about Spencer and his goals why are you so concerned about the meaning of a phrase he coined? If you learn anything about Spencer and his goals maybe you will denounce him like all thinking people have already done. But then you may find you support his goals.

I see that first sentence as just looking for a fight since I never said that. If I read you wrong, please explain.

BTW - of course I denounce his goal for America. But that isn't the topic. The topic is an accurate definition as opposed to the one used by some posters, "Anyone who disagrees with me".

Simply, as I said, once you find out what Spencer's goal for America is you may or may not agree with that goal.

You have spent a whole lot of time defending someone you do not agree with at all.

This whole topic and every one of your responses indicates that you are simply looking for a fight. You show, over and over, that you have no interest in discussing a topic but spend your time and energy demanding that everyone agree with your, generally incorrect, claims.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 19 of 142

Snoopy48 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Snoopy48 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 20 of 142

rk9152 wrote:

Snoopy48 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

When a person comes up with some words that they want to identify their goals with one should actually look at what they are really advocating to get the true meaning of their words. Alt-right is simply Spencer's choice of words to hide behind while his actions show that his espoused meaning is false. Alt-right is nothing more than a way to keep from saying they are Nazi, KKK, Arian Nation, etc.