Watch Tonight for Tips to Save Money on Pricey Prescription Drugs at 10 p.m. ET on AARP LIVE! Watch Here

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Alt-Right

Message 1 of 142

rk9152 wrote:

Snoopy48 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Snoopy48 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Snoopy48 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Snoopy48 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

For the umpteenth time - yes, I agree with Spencer's definition of the term (the topic). I have no idea what he wants about ethnic cleansing and I have no desire for it.

Can we now end this foolish chain letter? Correction, there is nothing more I can say to you, so I'll end it.

If you don't know anything about Spencer and his goals why are you so concerned about the meaning of a phrase he coined? If you learn anything about Spencer and his goals maybe you will denounce him like all thinking people have already done. But then you may find you support his goals.

I see that first sentence as just looking for a fight since I never said that. If I read you wrong, please explain.

BTW - of course I denounce his goal for America. But that isn't the topic. The topic is an accurate definition as opposed to the one used by some posters, "Anyone who disagrees with me".

Simply, as I said, once you find out what Spencer's goal for America is you may or may not agree with that goal.

I have, I do not. So, other than looking for a fight, what is your point?

You have spent a whole lot of time defending someone you do not agree with at all.

This whole topic and every one of your responses indicates that you are simply looking for a fight. You show, over and over, that you have no interest in discussing a topic but spend your time and energy demanding that everyone agree with your, generally incorrect, claims.

I'll make a deal with you - cite a single post where I have defended Spencer or let's end this silly game.

Feel free to end your silly game any time you want to. You keep accusing everyone who disagrees with your claims of playing games while you seem to be the one who is always playing gotcha games.

Sounds like you are unable to back up your offensive claim about me defending Spencer. I accept your apology. Bye-bye.

I am sorry you are unable to read and follow your posts. Is that the apology you wanted?

Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 142

ChasKy53 wrote:

Snoopy48 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

I'll make a deal with you - cite a single post where I have defended Spencer or let's end this silly game.

Feel free to end your silly game any time you want to. You keep accusing everyone who disagrees with your claims of playing games while you seem to be the one who is always playing gotcha games.

Hypocritical, isn't it? 'Trump-like'.

Hey there, "Yeah, me too" - do YOU have any way to support the offensive claim that I defend Spencer?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 142

Snoopy48 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Snoopy48 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Snoopy48 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Snoopy48 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

For the umpteenth time - yes, I agree with Spencer's definition of the term (the topic). I have no idea what he wants about ethnic cleansing and I have no desire for it.

Can we now end this foolish chain letter? Correction, there is nothing more I can say to you, so I'll end it.

If you don't know anything about Spencer and his goals why are you so concerned about the meaning of a phrase he coined? If you learn anything about Spencer and his goals maybe you will denounce him like all thinking people have already done. But then you may find you support his goals.

I see that first sentence as just looking for a fight since I never said that. If I read you wrong, please explain.

BTW - of course I denounce his goal for America. But that isn't the topic. The topic is an accurate definition as opposed to the one used by some posters, "Anyone who disagrees with me".

Simply, as I said, once you find out what Spencer's goal for America is you may or may not agree with that goal.

You have spent a whole lot of time defending someone you do not agree with at all.

This whole topic and every one of your responses indicates that you are simply looking for a fight. You show, over and over, that you have no interest in discussing a topic but spend your time and energy demanding that everyone agree with your, generally incorrect, claims.

Sounds like you are unable to back up your offensive claim about me defending Spencer. I accept your apology. Bye-bye.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 142

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

Definition of alt-right

: a right-wing, primarily online political movement or grouping based in the U.S. whose members reject mainstream conservative politics and espouse extremist beliefs and policies typically centered on ideas of white nationalism
  • Welcome to the alt-right. The label blends together straight-up white supremacists, nationalists who think conservatives have sold out to globalization, and nativists who fear immigration will spur civil disarray.
  • —Dylan Matthews
  • Rather than concede the moral high ground to the left, the alt right turns the left's moralism on its head and makes it a badge of honor to be called "racist," "homophobic," and "sexist."
  • —Benjamin Welton
  • Regardless of who triumphs at the ballot box, the biggest winner of this presidential election may be the alt-right: a sprawling coalition of reactionary conservatives who have lobbied to make the United States more "traditional," more "populist" and more white.
  • —Jonathon Morgan
often used before another noun
  • an alt-right manifesto
  • Secularism is indeed correlated with greater tolerance of gay marriage and pot legalization. But it's also making America's partisan clashes more brutal. And it has contributed to the rise of … the so-called alt-right movement, whose members see themselves as proponents of white nationalism.
  • —Peter Beinart

You found some lefties to give your lefty definition. What was wrong with the previously offered, non-ideological definition? Or, better yet, what is wrong with Spencer's definition - after all he, not Dylan Matthews coined the term.

By the are you aware that you challenged my 'dictionary reading abilities' and immediately went to Dylan Matthew's definition?

So a Merriam-Webster dictionary is "leftist" or a "lefty definition"? So if I post other dictionary definitions that disagree with Spencer's, they are also a "lefty definition"? If I post definitions given by other self proclaimed Alt Right members that differ with Spencer's are they also "lefty definitions"? You have become too funny !!!!!

Sorry your pantries are "in a wad" !!!   Why does the truth do that to you?

When looking for an understanding of what it means one could go to the originator or one could go to Dylan Matthews - which do you think makes more sense?

If I post definitions given by other self proclaimed Alt Right members

Dylan Matthews, Benjamin Welton, Jonathon Morgan, Peter Beinart??????

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 142

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

CriticalThinking wrote:

Every intelligent person, and let me emphasize the word intelligent, understands the Tea Party slogan implemented almost immediately after Obama was elected, was a RACIST message for White America. 

TAKE OUR COUNTRY BACK

Obama is half black and he is full Progressive. Why does it not mean to take it back from the neoMarxists?

Why do you lefties see everything in racial terms?

Again you make you At-Right "neo-Marxist" comment/slur.

What the heck does that mean?

You just referred to Obama as "half black" and then accuse "lefties" of seeing everything in racial terms.

He is and you do. What is your point?

I thought you said that you saw people as people and didn't see 'color'?  Very trump-like !!!

I do, your memory is correct. However, dealing with the racists of the left does require thanking in such terms.

A perfect example of what rational people have to deal with from you on the left is Dick Durban calling the President a racist for because "chain migration" reminds black people how their ancestors got here.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 142

That's the fun of communicating with the Nowhere Man , because that's exactly where you get !

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 142

Snoopy48 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Hypocritical, isn't it? 'Trump-like'.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 142

rk9152 wrote:

Snoopy48 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Snoopy48 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Snoopy48 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 142

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

Definition of alt-right

: a right-wing, primarily online political movement or grouping based in the U.S. whose members reject mainstream conservative politics and espouse extremist beliefs and policies typically centered on ideas of white nationalism
  • Welcome to the alt-right. The label blends together straight-up white supremacists, nationalists who think conservatives have sold out to globalization, and nativists who fear immigration will spur civil disarray.
  • —Dylan Matthews
  • Rather than concede the moral high ground to the left, the alt right turns the left's moralism on its head and makes it a badge of honor to be called "racist," "homophobic," and "sexist."
  • —Benjamin Welton
  • Regardless of who triumphs at the ballot box, the biggest winner of this presidential election may be the alt-right: a sprawling coalition of reactionary conservatives who have lobbied to make the United States more "traditional," more "populist" and more white.
  • —Jonathon Morgan
often used before another noun
  • an alt-right manifesto
  • Secularism is indeed correlated with greater tolerance of gay marriage and pot legalization. But it's also making America's partisan clashes more brutal. And it has contributed to the rise of … the so-called alt-right movement, whose members see themselves as proponents of white nationalism.
  • —Peter Beinart

You found some lefties to give your lefty definition. What was wrong with the previously offered, non-ideological definition? Or, better yet, what is wrong with Spencer's definition - after all he, not Dylan Matthews coined the term.

By the are you aware that you challenged my 'dictionary reading abilities' and immediately went to Dylan Matthew's definition?

So a Merriam-Webster dictionary is "leftist" or a "lefty definition"? So if I post other dictionary definitions that disagree with Spencer's, they are also a "lefty definition"? If I post definitions given by other self proclaimed Alt Right members that differ with Spencer's are they also "lefty definitions"? You have become too funny !!!!!

Sorry your pantries are "in a wad" !!!   Why does the truth do that to you?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 142

rk9152 wrote:

CriticalThinking wrote:

Every intelligent person, and let me emphasize the word intelligent, understands the Tea Party slogan implemented almost immediately after Obama was elected, was a RACIST message for White America. 

TAKE OUR COUNTRY BACK

Obama is half black and he is full Progressive. Why does it not mean to take it back from the neoMarxists?

Why do you lefties see everything in racial terms?

Again you make you At-Right "neo-Marxist" comment/slur. You just referred to Obama as "half black" and then accuse "lefties" of seeing everything in racial terms. I thought you said that you saw people as people and didn't see 'color'?  Very trump-like !!!