The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: All who served in Vietnam must be GAY

Message 1 of 27 (325 Views)

Bachmann and her followers are as far "out there" in their peculiar direction as the unfortunate "militia" criminals at the Malheur National Wildlife Preserve are in their peculiar direction.

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 27 (332 Views)

afisher wrote:

There is a group of folks that love Michele Bachmann...but I think they have gone off the deep end.  The Facebook name is Christians for Michele Bachmann - and they posted this "article"

My best friend Tad and I were best friends. We used to do everything together. Then one day at an Christian party at Tri County Community College, Tad and I saw a beautiful "Christian" girl named Hannah. Well, we thought she was Christian!!! She wasn't, she was a CATHOLIC, and she obviously sneaked into the Christian party. As we turned around to get away, because we don't ASSOCIATE with CATHOLICS, Hannah blew smoke at Tad. But it wasn't regular healthy tobacco smoke... IT'S WAS SMOKE FROM A POT CIGARETTE, KNOWN BY ADDICTS AS A "JOINT CIGARETTE." Unfortunately some of the smoke from the joint cigarette was ACCIDENTALLY inhaled by Tad. And that's when all our lives changed. To our horror, Tad got addicted to the pot by SECOND HAND SMOKE from a JOINT CIGARETTE.

Suddenly all he could think about is chronicking the pot. He quit school, and to afford his 12 oz a day JOINT CIGARETTE addiction, he was doing hand jobs behind the Tri County Bowling Alley. When he couldn't earn enough to support his $500 a day JOINT CIGARETTE ADDICTION he was doing TWO HAND JOBS at once by placing two different male penises in each of his hands at once (one male **bleep** per hand) so he could earn twice as much and buy twice as many JOINT CIGARETTES. 

Well, alrighty then....but huh?   Catholics are Christians?  

And then the basic nonsense:  If their belief is true, then every person who served in Vietnam must be Gay - as it didn't require them to even smoke a joint, but just be close enough to accidentally inhale the smoke.....SO FESS UP folks - many of us served in the military during that time...are we all closet gays?     

I must say that it was a poor choice to title this topic in the way it was titled if the intent was to bring attention to what Bachman had said, if indeed Bachman said those things. The statement about a Catholic not being a Christian is totally ridiculous, as the Catholic faith professes a belief in Christ as the Messiah. The story about the guy inhaling side-stream smoke and having the reaction he had would only be believed by a fool, and would make a fool of any person making such a statement.

I think that a much different title would have brought attention to Bachman and her supposed statements much more efficiently than the chosen title has.

Sorry, Afisher, poor choice of title.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 27 (345 Views)

snoop - I hadn't noticed the dates but those comments were in fact made.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 27 (354 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

An anonymous individual posts something on facebook and look at the response from your radical lefties:

Assuming that Michele Bachmann can be somehow or other tarred with this item;

Something about Catholics;

Some silly trolling thing about who put up post #2;

Religious beliefs and RW logic (do we know the originators religion or politics?); 

...voted for Bush whacker or some other mentally rejected individual;

...a fundie teabagger who was planning on running for office;

...RWNJ that love Michelle Bachman;

...Cruz, Gohmert, Jindal, that duck die nasty duck "plucker" fellow;

Sandusky, North, and Cheney;

Let's try a totally possible scenario - af went on facebook and created that persona and the comments so as to open the door for all that leftwing trash talk above.

I'm not saying that is the case, but it certainly is as plausible as a Bachmann supporter having done it.

Let's try another plausible scenario since this thread has only two comments since it died a natural death two years ago - someone needed a reason to attack other posters so he created a fictitious persona to resurrect a thread from two years ago that he totally didn't understand so he could attack other posters.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 27 (368 Views)

An anonymous individual posts something on facebook and look at the response from your radical lefties:

Assuming that Michele Bachmann can be somehow or other tarred with this item;

Something about Catholics;

Some silly trolling thing about who put up post #2;

Religious beliefs and RW logic (do we know the originators religion or politics?); 

...voted for Bush whacker or some other mentally rejected individual;

...a fundie teabagger who was planning on running for office;

...RWNJ that love Michelle Bachman;

...Cruz, Gohmert, Jindal, that duck die nasty duck "plucker" fellow;

Sandusky, North, and Cheney;

Let's try a totally possible scenario - af went on facebook and created that persona and the comments so as to open the door for all that leftwing trash talk above.

I'm not saying that is the case, but it certainly is as plausible as a Bachmann supporter having done it.

Highlighted
Conversationalist

Message 6 of 27 (403 Views)

i totally dont understand what you want to talk

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 27 (809 Views)

For the record, I finally visited this discussion just to see where the crazy idea came from and what sort of discussion was developing.  Currently we're preparing for my high school class's 50th Reunion, and in chatting with various classmates I've become aware of more who served in Vietnam.  I'm not sure how they would respond to this discussion and won't tell them about it.

However, since it involved Ms. Bachmann and her apparent fans, I must ask if there is a term yet for this particular breed of whacky-doodles.  It's sad yet amusing that she married a gay man who is deep into denial, not just a marriage to give him children, but a lifelong relationship apparently.  It's also off the deep end that he has gone into a profession where he tries to convince other gay people that they need to do as he has done.

Message 8 of 27 (965 Views)

Well, Fang, whenever I hear people like Cruz, Gohmert, Jindal, that duck die nasty duck "plucker" fellow who says pedophilic stuff,   Palin, Limbaugh, that Rinse Priapus fellow, or any of the fundie relligious whackjobs I thank god I'm agnostic (grin) and thank her again that I'm crazy and not "sane" like a a conservative.   I find it difficult to understand how it is that more conservatives don't suicide - guess it's the profoundly delusional state - like Sandusky really believing he was innocent and what he did was ok, Oliver North believing he was not a criminal, or Cheney not realizing he's the closest thing to Darth Vader alive in the US today.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 27 (978 Views)

I'll concede this one to you. Good point.

I'll defintely need those mushrooms after that admission.

[ Edited ]
Message 10 of 27 (984 Views)

You posted that it was not worthy of a reply by an adult and yet, mirabile dictu! you responded first.

BTW it has been definitively determined  and documented that people who have used "magic mushrooms" have fewer "emotional syndromes" requiring professional mental health care intervention that those who have not.   Many of those who didn't now suffer from a tight posterior conservative problem and medicate excessively with alcohol.  Poor guys........