AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: ASSISTED LIVING FACILITIES.

Message 1 of 33 (166 Views)

Centristin2010 wrote

. . . . . This facility is a nursing home, not an assisted care facility.  . . . 

-------------------------------------------

The Medicare Compare on Nursing Homes has this facility rated very low in all the categories except "Staff" and that category was high - course the staff could have upping the score themselves.

Gold Conversationalist

Message 2 of 33 (182 Views)

Centristsin2010 wrote:

nyadrn wrote:

MIseker wrote:
I didnt research this issue, but the blurb i heard was it happened to be an air conditioning issue. To be sure, i would think any kind of care facility in a storm prone area would ave a generator.

Well now that makes sense.  

And if the generator fails......

Since they were right across from a hospital, which presumably had power, they should have just moved them across the street.

But to let these people die without doing anything.  Not even calling for help. is a criminal act.  And if they all bugged out because of the hurricane and left these helpless people inside, it's STILL a criminal act by people who were entrusted with the care of their residents.

In my view, and if the story as of today is accurate,  every one of them should be charged with involuntary manslaughter.  Not ONE of these people thought to call for help, or even just walk across the street to alert the hospital?

And I'll bet them being across from a hospital was one of their selling points too.

Also, the owner of the facility, who already had a laundry list of code violations, is probably not even in this country by now.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 33 (185 Views)

nyadrn wrote:

MIseker wrote:
I didnt research this issue, but the blurb i heard was it happened to be an air conditioning issue. To be sure, i would think any kind of care facility in a storm prone area would ave a generator.

And if the generator fails......

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.

Message 4 of 33 (194 Views)

MIseker wrote:

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith

Message 5 of 33 (231 Views)

rker321 wrote:

Centrist.  actually 21 posts since 9/6 and with this one 22 LOL  Actually loved to see how much you love to waste your time.

rker, actually 47 since 9/6 and with "this one" it was 48.  Not that it matters....just proving the point you were wrong with your "you devalue everything I post" claim and you verified above that you made another false claim.  I don't think it's necessary to distort the facts/reality.  And I don't find it to be a "waste of time" to point out a poster is mistaken when they attack another poster to needlessly mis-inform the forum; it's just not necessary.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.

Message 6 of 33 (239 Views)

rker321 wrote:

Centrist  40 posts in 4 days, gee, I didn't count them.

Maybe you should check the facts before making false statements that I "devalue" every thing you say.  Facts matter.....don't they?

look, yes you did question my caucasian extraction in another thread, I guess you have forgotten, but you requested to know what were the qualification in which I said that I was white being Cuban, remember my answer?

I said that I was 1st generation Cuban because both my parents were born in the North of Spain and no moors or blace have been in that area.  Yep...I recall.  And again, that doesn't question your "whiteness".  As you say here, you're first generation Cuban.  Yet you said in the other thread, you were "white".  I couldn't care less what you choose to call yourself.....your posts are often "all over the place" which is why I asked.....to seek understanding, though you attacked me for asking.  It's rather funny.

Look, do what you want, and I did say in the beginning that I was paying 2200 for the room and board, and for those facilities that is supposed to be a middle of the road and not the upper ones and their prices.   Actually you said "a little over $2,000 per month".....now you want to re-write what you posted???  You also said it was "sort of expensive".......my only point was that good care, good healthcare, IS indeed expensive....much more than 2K per month.  That's why the help makes under $12 per hour.

My daughter has been at home for the last three years. and we are very happy about that. We wish the she would have never been there to begin with.  Great!  Glad to hear she's doing well.

I am glad that they are now going to revise the rules that those places need to have. and instead of fighting me, use your reponses to see on how to alleviate the problem 
I'm not "fighting"....just pointing out the facts.....which some don't bother looking into......they just want to rant.  But thanks for your suggestion.  Any further discussion about my posts from you will not be answered. Awesome...  I don't think most posters enjoy reading another defend incorrect comments.  go and bother someone else in this message board, you simply love to do that.  I'm shocked some are "bothered" when someone corrects their erronious statements.  Some just enjoy living in an alternate reality.

Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 7 of 33 (244 Views)

Centrist.  actually 21 posts since 9/6 and with this one 22 LOL  Actually loved to see how much you love to waste your time.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 33 (254 Views)

Centrist  40 posts in 4 days, gee, I didn't count them. look, yes you did question my caucasian extraction in another thread, I guess you have forgotten, but you requested to know what were the qualification in which I said that I was white being Cuban, remember my answer?

I said that I was 1st generation Cuban because both my parents were born in the North of Spain and no moors or blace have been in that area.

Look, do what you want, and I did say in the beginning that I was paying 2200 for the room and board, and for those facilities that is supposed to be a middle of the road and not the upper ones and their prices.
My daughter has been at home for the last three years. and we are very happy about that. We wish the she would have never been there to begin with.
I am glad that they are now going to revise the rules that those places need to have. and instead of fighting me, use your reponses to see on how to alleviate the problem 
Any further discussion about my posts from you will not be answered. go and bother someone else in this message board, you simply love to do that.

Message 9 of 33 (264 Views)

@rker321 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

C'mon, rker, be real....save the fraudulant comments for the Cons here....  This facility is a nursing home, not an assisted care facility.  You claim to have had experience there with a family member, so you should know better.  You said you paid 2K a month, and now you say up to 4k?  Puh-LEEEEEZE...

8 dead, others evacuated at Hollywood nursing home without power after Irma

8 dead, others evacuated at Hollywood nursing home without power after Irma

The Rehabilitation Center at Hollywood Hills

The Rehabilitation Center at Hollywood Hills:

a warm, caring place

Patients at The Rehabilitation Center at Hollywood Hills receive a special kind of care: 

• Mind-body care, treating the whole person 
• Individualized care, meeting the unique needs of each person
Our highly trained staff is dedicated to the needs of our residents

A nurturing place...a family place

The Rehabilitation Center at Hollywood Hills provides loving care and warm companionship to create a homelike atmosphere for our seasonal and year-round residents and our rehabilitation patients.

Insurance is Accepted

The Rehabilitation Center at Hollywood Hills accepts most insurance programs, including Medicare, Medicaid and select HMOs. If you have questions about your insurance, please Contact Us.

BTW....the local Motel 6 in Florida charges $60.00 per day.....you get what you pay for.....

Well I guess that you can't help yourself. anything that I post requires an attack  from you.   LMAO!  .....you've posted 30 times in the last 4 days and I've responded to just two of your posts.  Secondly, you weren't "attacked" as you suggest.....it was pointed out you were wrong.....there's a difference.

Your need to devaluate anything that I say is in my mind questionable. but you must have your motives.  Actually, the fact you suggest I "devalue anything you say" is questionable....30 posts in the last 4 days, I responded twice.  Does disagreeing with you "devalue" what you say?  Of course not!

Yes, I was speaking abou asissted living facility and I do understand that  this one was a nursing home. my question is who was left in that facility to help the people that were there?   If that was your question, it wasn't in the original post.  Why wasn't the facility fully staffed and checking on the patients.?  Reasonable question but again, that's only your point now....you've changed your tune.  You were venting and made several incorrect statements.  It's OK....it doesn't "devalue" anything.  And the answer to your questions will be learned in the police investigation.  But IMO, it was probably a staffing issue....N.A.'s make less than $12.00 per hr in Florida.

But, that is not my issue or yours is it.  (sic) nope.

And I would appreciate if you would look into the pricing for assisted living facilities in so. Florida and see the prices. Yes, we couldn't afford the most expensive but paying  2200 a montho for room and board is not so cheap.  which is what they offered., So you increased the amount you paid by 10%....lol.  It could be $2,500 per month....that still isn't much for room and board AND good medical care or, responsible and experienced custodial care....you get what you pay for.  I GET that it may have seemed expensive to you....that makes sense, but in reality, it's still cheaper than a low end hotel....that's the point.  Based on your posts, she could have received better care at home, right?

Like I said, that is not a motel 6 and it doesn't function like a motel 6 but again, you can criticize me all you want. Well thank you!  it seems to be your job. LMAO!

After questioning "my whiteness" in another thread, what can I expect from you.?  LOL.  The truth.  We both know I've NEVER questioned your "whiteness".  Why you would post such a intellectually dishonest comment is beyond me.

Message 10 of 33 (268 Views)
So it begins.