AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: ALEC and AARP Response

Message 1 of 5

AARP claims to fight for the disabled and poor seniors when they actually only care about numbers.  The fight for Social Security and Medicare is a smoke screen for what they really want and that is members money.  And the more members the more money.  ALEC is an orginization bent on destroying both Social Security and Medicare.

Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 5

The "know the enemy" is a great PR stunt.   How much did AARP spend to get that access?    

Their response was a bait / switch.   We don't support "X" but what the excluded was that ALEC has more than one section.    

http://www.alecexposed.org/wiki/ALEC_Exposed

It will be interesting to see if AARP attempts to restrict the blogging here to be based on "membership".   

Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 5

Your response is also wrong-headed. We know enough about ALEC to know they are a pariah organization with many members leaving for the same reasons AARP should shun them. To say that AARP gains anything from the association with them is specious reasoning, something ALEC specializes in.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 5

mh5620690 wrote:

AARPsneed Community Manager's response is inadequate, and wrong-headed. Any association with this organization is grounds for me to depart. I don't want one dime of money I give to AARP going to ALEC. I am done with AARP otherwise.

His response is the correct one. AARP needs to know what is going on with the groups it fights against. It is  important that you talk to your enemy than your friends at times to make sure you perform well for your members.

Frequent Social Butterfly

ALEC and AARP Response

Message 5 of 5

AARPsneed Community Manager's response is inadequate, and wrong-headed. Any association with this organization is grounds for me to depart. I don't want one dime of money I give to AARP going to ALEC. I am done with AARP otherwise.