Tell Congress to Oppose Any Tax Bill That Would Increase Taxes for Seniors! Take Action Now

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 18,792
Registered: ‎02-14-2008

Re: AARP is buying advertising on Hannity's show

Message 21 of 39 (217 Views)
News that the left will not like and many will not believe....

MAR 18, 2013 @ 06:15 AM 164,716 The Little Black Book of Billionaire Secrets
Pew Study Finds MSNBC the Most Opinionated Cable News Channel By Far

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffbercovici/2013/03/18/pew-study-finds-msnbc-the-most-opinionated-cab...




Jeff Bercovici , FORBES STAFF
I cover technology with an emphasis on social and digital media.
Opinions expressed by Forbes Contributors are their own.
If you're like most cable news viewers, you probably think the channel you favor has a monopoly on the facts and the other ones are nothing more than a bunch of ranting. In fact, which cable network is the most opinionated is not a matter of opinion. It's MSNBC.

A full 85% of the Comcast-owned network's coverage can be classified as opinion or commentary rather than straight news, according to the authors of the Pew Research Center's annual State of the News Media report.

CNN and Fox News Channel, meanwhile, fall much closer to a 50/50 distribution, with Fox News skewing somewhat more heavily toward opinion. Here are the breakdowns:
Conversationalist
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎05-16-2016

Re: AARP is buying advertising on Hannity's show

Message 22 of 39 (207 Views)

I totally agree, and find myself shocked that AARP advertises on FOX. Sean Hannity, the FOX News Network, are biased, prejudice, and proven to be misogynistic. They report the "news" in a manner much like propaganda, slanted, and from a highly limited perspective.

 

I urge AARP to find members in another fashion in order to maintain a profile in keeping with their image as a non-profit, non-partisan organization.

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 5,681
Registered: ‎07-20-2010

Re: AARP is buying advertising on Hannity's show

Message 23 of 39 (245 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Olderscout66 wrote:

GailL1 wrote:

phyllisc6781 wrote:

A better way to reach older Americans, who are often victims of fraud,  is NOT to advertise on a fraudulent network using a fraudulent host.

 

GEE, I miss having a real president!

 


Maybe they are watching it for its entertainment value - but for whatever the reason if their stats show that this is somewhere which has their focus democraphic, they need to reach out - don't you think?


Hitler was a HIGHLY entertaining speaker and used that talent to obtain the power to drive his audience to murder millions. Hannity and his fellow clowns aren't that good, but their objective is disturbingly similar - to drive their audience to hate groups that disagree with Hannity's masters, and prevent the audience from ever considering the views of others by only telling them what they want to hear.

 

In the early days, Hitler didn't call for the extermination of Jews, he simply gave his audience reasons why such a move would be "desirable" by exaggerating the pre-existing anti-jewish feelings. Der Trumper does the same thing today with his attacks on foreigners and support for others who spew hatred against non-white non-Christians.

 

Der Trumper's foils like Hannity and Murdock reenforce these feelings and support the hate groups that populate the altRight by giving them a national platform from which to sprew their hate


And your point is what - AARP is run by Nazis??


No but the far right Reb. are.

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 31,878
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: AARP is buying advertising on Hannity's show

Message 24 of 39 (236 Views)

Olderscout66 wrote:

GailL1 wrote:

phyllisc6781 wrote:

A better way to reach older Americans, who are often victims of fraud,  is NOT to advertise on a fraudulent network using a fraudulent host.

 

GEE, I miss having a real president!

 


Maybe they are watching it for its entertainment value - but for whatever the reason if their stats show that this is somewhere which has their focus democraphic, they need to reach out - don't you think?


Hitler was a HIGHLY entertaining speaker and used that talent to obtain the power to drive his audience to murder millions. Hannity and his fellow clowns aren't that good, but their objective is disturbingly similar - to drive their audience to hate groups that disagree with Hannity's masters, and prevent the audience from ever considering the views of others by only telling them what they want to hear.

 

In the early days, Hitler didn't call for the extermination of Jews, he simply gave his audience reasons why such a move would be "desirable" by exaggerating the pre-existing anti-jewish feelings. Der Trumper does the same thing today with his attacks on foreigners and support for others who spew hatred against non-white non-Christians.

 

Der Trumper's foils like Hannity and Murdock reenforce these feelings and support the hate groups that populate the altRight by giving them a national platform from which to sprew their hate


And your point is what - AARP is run by Nazis??

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 20,708
Registered: ‎11-09-2011

Re: AARP is buying advertising on Hannity's show

Message 25 of 39 (253 Views)

GailL1 wrote:

phyllisc6781 wrote:

A better way to reach older Americans, who are often victims of fraud,  is NOT to advertise on a fraudulent network using a fraudulent host.

 

GEE, I miss having a real president!

 


Maybe they are watching it for its entertainment value - but for whatever the reason if their stats show that this is somewhere which has their focus democraphic, they need to reach out - don't you think?


Hitler was a HIGHLY entertaining speaker and used that talent to obtain the power to drive his audience to murder millions. Hannity and his fellow clowns aren't that good, but their objective is disturbingly similar - to drive their audience to hate groups that disagree with Hannity's masters, and prevent the audience from ever considering the views of others by only telling them what they want to hear.

 

In the early days, Hitler didn't call for the extermination of Jews, he simply gave his audience reasons why such a move would be "desirable" by exaggerating the pre-existing anti-jewish feelings. Der Trumper does the same thing today with his attacks on foreigners and support for others who spew hatred against non-white non-Christians.

 

Der Trumper's foils like Hannity and Murdock reenforce these feelings and support the hate groups that populate the altRight by giving them a national platform from which to sprew their hate

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 14,172
Registered: ‎03-20-2009

Re: AARP is buying advertising on Hannity's show

Message 26 of 39 (247 Views)

    The AARP along with a long list of advertiser's are being made aware that they are advertising on that program.    Apparently some here are unaware of the facts regarding how businesses advertise.   The short version is that most companies don't know what actual programs on which their ads appear.... until they here from actual people. 

 

    Those who find it objectionable to those ads appearing, because they object to what is being sold by the program, which in this case, IMO, are lies and hate, can and should take action by contacting the company via social media and telling them they will no longer use their product based on their advertising on such programs.   

 

     Why is it that some want to downplay the rights of consumers...or are those the same people that want to try and keep the allegations of pedofilia hidden from the voters and Senate?   Or is it that they want to do away with girls and women's rights entirely.   

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 22,428
Registered: ‎03-04-2009

Re: AARP is buying advertising on Hannity's show

Message 27 of 39 (254 Views)

When you have a woman in Alabama that has stated that she would rather have a pedophile in the Senate than vote for a Democrat. what can anyone expect?

those types of individuals will not listen to anything that AARP has to say. no matter   what, so what is the problem?  and if "AARP"  can reach anyone in that station that happen to have some brains where is the harm in that.?
Besides, like I have said, we cannot become as stupid as the ones that we call stupid. that does not make us better.

Extremism is bad for this country. and personally is not even good for our Democracy.
So before you say anything or judge AARP for trying to reach people that could listen, is not such a bad idea. perhaps we can all work towards the very bad influence that has been created in this country. And the complete distrust that exists today about everything.

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 8,793
Registered: ‎08-18-2008

Re: AARP is buying advertising on Hannity's show

Message 28 of 39 (291 Views)

phyllisc6781 wrote:

A better way to reach older Americans, who are often victims of fraud,  is NOT to advertise on a fraudulent network using a fraudulent host.

 

GEE, I miss having a real president!

 


Maybe they are watching it for its entertainment value - but for whatever the reason if their stats show that this is somewhere which has their focus democraphic, they need to reach out - don't you think?

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 18,792
Registered: ‎02-14-2008

Re: AARP is buying advertising on Hannity's show

Message 29 of 39 (291 Views)
RK posted..

Grow up people - AARP is a business and as such will make sound business decisions. Yes, they lean left - they want a degree of wealth redistribution for it's members, that is reasonable. But you have to figure that they weighed the effects positive and negative of such advertising and decided based on that.

=================================================

Do you think the left know what it means to grow up? I do not see that in the posts from the left. What I see are a group of cry babies that do not have the ability to reason.

Gee, I am so glad that I have the ability to reason...and I use that.
Gold Conversationalist
Posts: 454
Registered: ‎09-26-2017

Re: AARP is buying advertising on Hannity's show

Message 30 of 39 (292 Views)

A better way to reach older Americans, who are often victims of fraud,  is NOT to advertise on a fraudulent network using a fraudulent host.

 

GEE, I miss having a real president!