Free Caregiving Webinar: Managing Your Loved One’s Finances - Tuesday at 7p.m. ET  Register Now

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 21,043
Registered: ‎11-07-2009

Re: 87% of Americans Say Racism is a Problem

Message 151 of 201 (97 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

 


Who said "you are an alcoholic", I must have missed that? Could you quote them?  Racism is like alcoholism in that you have to recognize if you are afflicted with it before you can treat it.


Read the context and it will make sense to you. But don't feel bad, ct missed it too.


I will ask once more .......... please quote someone calling you and alcoholic. No one did.


I am sure you are aware of the comparison between alcoholic and racist that was made - so stop playing games.

 

Based on your kudo, someone else prefers game playing to discussion.


Validate you erroneous statement, quote someone calling you an alcoholic.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 3,428
Registered: ‎12-17-2010

Re: 87% of Americans Say Racism is a Problem

[ Edited ]
Message 152 of 201 (93 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

oceanedge2 wrote:

rk - Only the left sees a "black football player". We on the right see a "Football player disrespecting out Nation and it's symbols"

 

https://me.me/i/8-million-jehovahs-witnesses-dont-salute-the-flag-200-000-amish-19014620

 

afisher - We have seen it from the WH when Donald attempted to disguise his racists attacks on black football players as some perverse patriotic bs.

And the cult follows because that "bs" suits their racist selves just fine.


Certain religions have legal exemption from some laws. Football players do not.

 

No "cult" in that - no "bs" in that - no racism in that - just truth.


Why then is there so much demand that football players be exempted from the First Amendment of the US Constitution? By the way, where is the law that says that anyone must stand for the National Anthem?

 

Maybe they should just say that racism is against their religion and that their religion demands that they kneel for the National Anthem until the powers that be do something about the institutional racism.

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 30,565
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: 87% of Americans Say Racism is a Problem

Message 153 of 201 (91 Views)

oceanedge2 wrote:

rk - Only the left sees a "black football player". We on the right see a "Football player disrespecting out Nation and it's symbols"

 

https://me.me/i/8-million-jehovahs-witnesses-dont-salute-the-flag-200-000-amish-19014620

 

afisher - We have seen it from the WH when Donald attempted to disguise his racists attacks on black football players as some perverse patriotic bs.

And the cult follows because that "bs" suits their racist selves just fine.


Certain religions have legal exemption from some laws. Football players do not.

 

No "cult" in that - no "bs" in that - no racism in that - just truth.

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 1,429
Registered: ‎05-08-2015

Re: 87% of Americans Say Racism is a Problem

Message 154 of 201 (105 Views)

rk - Only the left sees a "black football player". We on the right see a "Football player disrespecting out Nation and it's symbols"

 

https://me.me/i/8-million-jehovahs-witnesses-dont-salute-the-flag-200-000-amish-19014620

 

afisher - We have seen it from the WH when Donald attempted to disguise his racists attacks on black football players as some perverse patriotic bs.

And the cult follows because that "bs" suits their racist selves just fine.

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 30,565
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: 87% of Americans Say Racism is a Problem

Message 155 of 201 (111 Views)

Centristsin2010 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:


.

Or possibly trolling could be taking a topic about racism and make conjecture not in evidence about Obama.

 

And YOU NOW want to outlaw conjecture?  LMAO!!!!  The poster who never posts any facts or links to any sources.  That's too funny......


 


More reading and less laughing would lead to more understanding. There was (as you know) no mention of outlawing conjecture. However, an intelligent person understands that conjecture is not fact.

 

As to posting facts - I am still awaiting some substantiation to the alt-right, fascist, nazi, racist, etc. claims made about fellow posters.

 

And the economy, I have posted numerous sources about the effects of the hurricanes - all of which are ignored by you and your "Yeah, me too". In effect, you have made major left-wing media members part of the "cult" since you call any disagreement with you as "cult".

Treasured Social Butterfly
Posts: 21,227
Registered: ‎06-09-2010

Re: 87% of Americans Say Racism is a Problem

Message 156 of 201 (131 Views)

rk9152 wrote:


.

Or possibly trolling could be taking a topic about racism and make conjecture not in evidence about Obama.

 

And YOU NOW want to outlaw conjecture?  LMAO!!!!  The poster who never posts any facts or links to any sources.  That's too funny......


 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Treasured Social Butterfly
Posts: 24,931
Registered: ‎07-11-2013

Re: 87% of Americans Say Racism is a Problem

[ Edited ]
Message 157 of 201 (140 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

MIseker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

MIseker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

It really isn't surprising that people sense a problem when they are constantly beat over their heads about the complaints from the BLM and supporters, from football players even down to the Pop Warner League level. When  the MSM constantly push the issue of "White Privilege" and "white guilt" is taught students.

 

When people hear "What do we want, dead cops" as a racial issue, who wouldn't think we have a "racist" problem.

 

But, the questions comes up as to the color of the skin on the racists and the color of the skin supported by those who (politically) see the world through their own prism of racism.


Yep, the Alt-Right would explain it the same way, but nothing could be further from the truth.  Why don't you quote those who you say said "What do we want, dead cops"? Perhaps many have decided racism is something to be concerned with because they visit chat sites such as this one and are exposed to the Alt-Right the way posters are here? Perhaps it's because they see the KKK having so much support? Perhaps it's because they simply have their eyes open and can see reality.


You seem well versed on the thinking of the alt-right. You obviously did not read MIseker's "alt-right manual" - so how do you know this stuff? Surely not from seeing words you disagree with and saying, "That must be alt-right" - although, it sure does seem that way..


Obviously you havent done your independant research on your brethren. Racism is in a way like alcoholism..first you have to recognize you have a problem.

 


I'm sure you understand that when two people have differing opinions on a topic and are discussing them, one person saying, "You are an alcoholic" does not a) make the other person an alcoholic; b) have any bearing on the discussion.


of course you twisted what I said..but maybe..


That was the result of the childish game played by another poster.

 

But what do you think about - "I'm sure you understand that when two people have differing opinions on a topic and are discussing them, one person saying, "You are an alcoholic" or "alt-right" does not a) make the other person an alcoholic; or alt-right or b) have any bearing on the discussion.


So - does saying (in the complete absence of verified factual proof) that one is not what another poster has suggested one might be make what one is saying true?

Nope - it doesn't.

Did making up that  fairy tale neoMarxist nonsense and saying it was true actually make it true?

Nope - it didn't.

Does suggesting (without factually verified proof) that Antifa are Anarchists - actually make it true?

Nope - it doesn't

Do suggestions/allegations that trump is correct, that the rest of the world is "out of step" - that "alternate facts" are true - change what facts in the real word actually are?

Once again - nope.     comic relief is welcome...

 

CNN's Anderson Cooper Can't Stop Laughing Reacting to Kellyanne Conway's 'Alternative Facts' - YouTu...

 

 

 

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 30,565
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: 87% of Americans Say Racism is a Problem

Message 158 of 201 (150 Views)

MIseker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

MIseker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

It really isn't surprising that people sense a problem when they are constantly beat over their heads about the complaints from the BLM and supporters, from football players even down to the Pop Warner League level. When  the MSM constantly push the issue of "White Privilege" and "white guilt" is taught students.

 

When people hear "What do we want, dead cops" as a racial issue, who wouldn't think we have a "racist" problem.

 

But, the questions comes up as to the color of the skin on the racists and the color of the skin supported by those who (politically) see the world through their own prism of racism.


Yep, the Alt-Right would explain it the same way, but nothing could be further from the truth.  Why don't you quote those who you say said "What do we want, dead cops"? Perhaps many have decided racism is something to be concerned with because they visit chat sites such as this one and are exposed to the Alt-Right the way posters are here? Perhaps it's because they see the KKK having so much support? Perhaps it's because they simply have their eyes open and can see reality.


You seem well versed on the thinking of the alt-right. You obviously did not read MIseker's "alt-right manual" - so how do you know this stuff? Surely not from seeing words you disagree with and saying, "That must be alt-right" - although, it sure does seem that way..


Obviously you havent done your independant research on your brethren. Racism is in a way like alcoholism..first you have to recognize you have a problem.

 


I'm sure you understand that when two people have differing opinions on a topic and are discussing them, one person saying, "You are an alcoholic" does not a) make the other person an alcoholic; b) have any bearing on the discussion.


of course you twisted what I said..but maybe..


That was the result of the childish game played by another poster.

 

But what do you think about - "I'm sure you understand that when two people have differing opinions on a topic and are discussing them, one person saying, "You are an alcoholic" or "alt-right" does not a) make the other person an alcoholic; or alt-right or b) have any bearing on the discussion.

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 30,565
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: 87% of Americans Say Racism is a Problem

Message 159 of 201 (154 Views)

Centristsin2010 wrote:

js2227 wrote:

My point wasn't about WOMEN. It was that a white presidential candidate can have kids by three different women and make lots of disparaging remarks about women, yet even "Christians" support him. If Obama had kids by three different women or said some of the things about women that Trump has said, talk radio would STILL be covering it. That's an example of racism


Of course it was your point, JS; any mature adult not acting as a TROLL knew....it was obvious.  You were clear.

 

WARNING:  That was a perfect illustration of how the TROLL prefers to disrupt the forum with silly posts. Status quo....


Or possibly trolling could be taking a topic about racism and make conjecture not in evidence about Obama.

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 30,565
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: 87% of Americans Say Racism is a Problem

Message 160 of 201 (139 Views)

afisher wrote:

    Unfortunately?   those who want to disrupt a conversation about racism in the US today, can, as observed by reading through the early parts of this thread.   

     Racism in the US comes in many forms, ie the KKK or White Nationalist groups. 

How about Black Nationalists, BLM, La Raza, etc.? Do they not count?

  

     We have seen it from the WH when Donald attempted to disguise his racists attacks on black football players as some perverse patriotic bs.

Only the left sees a "black football player". We on the right see a "Football player disrespecting out Nation and it's symbols"

 

     Donalds racsists attacks have now devolved into shaming by some of the other well-heeled parts of white society. 

"Well heeled"  - I thought that us "deplorables" were just poor, uneducated country bumpkins.    

 

    Regardless of what some say, if there was no racism and racial hate, then the news / articles / protests would not have lasted very long in the national media.    And that is the point that some here seem to want everyone to forget.    Donald didn't start the Racist problems, but his multiple attacks on people in the minority races in this country certainly made the issue rise to the top and stay there. 

What attacks on minorities?    

 

     I wonder if the next claim will be that no one should pay attention to what Donald says?

Far from it.