Test Your Knowledge About Long-Term Care with AARP’s Long-Term Care Quiz

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: 87% of Americans Say Racism is a Problem

Message 191 of 201 (144 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

It really isn't surprising that people sense a problem when they are constantly beat over their heads about the complaints from the BLM and supporters, from football players even down to the Pop Warner League level. When  the MSM constantly push the issue of "White Privilege" and "white guilt" is taught students.

When people hear "What do we want, dead cops" as a racial issue, who wouldn't think we have a "racist" problem.

But, the questions comes up as to the color of the skin on the racists and the color of the skin supported by those who (politically) see the world through their own prism of racism.

Yep, the Alt-Right would explain it the same way, but nothing could be further from the truth.  Why don't you quote those who you say said "What do we want, dead cops"? Perhaps many have decided racism is something to be concerned with because they visit chat sites such as this one and are exposed to the Alt-Right the way posters are here? Perhaps it's because they see the KKK having so much support? Perhaps it's because they simply have their eyes open and can see reality.

You seem well versed on the thinking of the alt-right. You obviously did not read MIseker's "alt-right manual" - so how do you know this stuff? Surely not from seeing words you disagree with and saying, "That must be alt-right" - although, it sure does seem that way..

Obviously you havent done your independant research on your brethren. Racism is in a way like alcoholism..first you have to recognize you have a problem.

So it begins.

Message 192 of 201 (158 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

js2227 wrote:

I see racism ALL THE TIME. Growing up, when I got into mischief or trouble, such as underage drinking the cops brought me (white) back to my parents. Black kids doing the same thing in the same city got arrested, some ending up in juvie.

The apartment my parents lived in had a "no blacks" rule for years, even if it was unenforceable.

Whenever I travel, cabs always stop to pick me up immediately yet they drive right past black people.

The BIGGEST example of racism, though, is our president. He can talk about "moving on [women] like a b***h" and "grabbing her p***y" and it's just shrugged off. He can have kids by three different women and it's just shrugged off. Can you imagine if Obama had talked about grabbing women and/or had kids by different women--we'd never have heard the end of it on talk radio.

I hate to nit-pick but "women" is not a race.

Ahhhh, another straw argument by.....well.....you-know-who.  The poster didn't say "women" was a race.  Some think it's important to TROLL.....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 193 of 201 (172 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

It really isn't surprising that people sense a problem when they are constantly beat over their heads about the complaints from the BLM and supporters, from football players even down to the Pop Warner League level. When  the MSM constantly push the issue of "White Privilege" and "white guilt" is taught students.

When people hear "What do we want, dead cops" as a racial issue, who wouldn't think we have a "racist" problem.

But, the questions comes up as to the color of the skin on the racists and the color of the skin supported by those who (politically) see the world through their own prism of racism.

Yep, the Alt-Right would explain it the same way, but nothing could be further from the truth.  Why don't you quote those who you say said "What do we want, dead cops"? Perhaps many have decided racism is something to be concerned with because they visit chat sites such as this one and are exposed to the Alt-Right the way posters are here? Perhaps it's because they see the KKK having so much support? Perhaps it's because they simply have their eyes open and can see reality.

You seem well versed on the thinking of the alt-right. You obviously did not read MIseker's "alt-right manual" - so how do you know this stuff? Surely not from seeing words you disagree with and saying, "That must be alt-right" - although, it sure does seem that way..

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 194 of 201 (169 Views)

js2227 wrote:

I see racism ALL THE TIME. Growing up, when I got into mischief or trouble, such as underage drinking the cops brought me (white) back to my parents. Black kids doing the same thing in the same city got arrested, some ending up in juvie.

The apartment my parents lived in had a "no blacks" rule for years, even if it was unenforceable.

Whenever I travel, cabs always stop to pick me up immediately yet they drive right past black people.

The BIGGEST example of racism, though, is our president. He can talk about "moving on [women] like a b***h" and "grabbing her p***y" and it's just shrugged off. He can have kids by three different women and it's just shrugged off. Can you imagine if Obama had talked about grabbing women and/or had kids by different women--we'd never have heard the end of it on talk radio.

I hate to nit-pick but "women" is not a race.

Message 195 of 201 (170 Views)

Centristsin2010 wrote:

Poll: Americans are twice as likely to say racism is a “big problem” compared to 6 years ago

The Only Graph and the Only Polls That count are the ones that show what always happens after the people who answered the Poll Questions One Way - then Go To The Polls and Vote Totally the Opposite Way

Polls and Votes.png

POLITIFACT

The meme said that Congress has 11 percent approval ratings, yet 96.4 percent of incumbent lawmakers were re-elected.

We found small differences in the actual percentages -- Congress had roughly a 14 percent approval rate, and the incumbent re-election rate may be as low as 95 percent -- but the point of the meme is solid. Voters hold Congress in low regard, yet they re-elect almost everyone. So we rate the claim True.

( " Eat Tic Tacs - Grope Woman - Become President " ) " - Anonymous

Message 196 of 201 (178 Views)
People who claim color blindness are just refusing to recognize a problem. Same with the gun issue. It comes from a one time popular book called the ONE MINUTE MANAGER. its says, no solution, no problem. My plant manager said we had to read it and go by it. I told my boss to put it where the sun dont shine..90% of all our jobs was trouble shooting. Its giving up, plain and simple.
So it begins.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 197 of 201 (163 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"

Message 198 of 201 (152 Views)

js2227 wrote:

Excellent points, JS.  As you can see, some are still struggling with their own personal demons.

trump is dividing the country more and more and you've nailed the double standards of many of the white Conservatives.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Conversationalist

Message 199 of 201 (159 Views)

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 200 of 201 (147 Views)