AARP’s New Video Explains the Perils of the Health Care Bill in Storybook Fashion. Watch Here

Trusted Social Butterfly

Re: 475 People Shot & Killed by Police so far in 2017

Message 1 of 139 (49 Views)

WOW!  For many, it takes a cop killing a lovely white woman to finally get the point that some cops react far too quickly to pull the trigger.  How sad.

The killing in Minneapolis is just the latest example....

Meanwhile, as unarmed man in Saginam, Michigan was just killed....

We should expect our law enforcement to be the best trained in the world and to wear AND TURN-ON their body camera's once they are responding to a call.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Valued Social Butterfly

Re: 475 People Shot & Killed by Police so far in 2017

Message 2 of 139 (168 Views)

Centristsin2010 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

I am obstinately devoted to my view that I am delighted that the police officers in the case below went home to dinner and the shooter didn't.

http://www.koat.com/article/man-shot-killed-by-new-mexico-state-police/10221201

Sadly, you seem less concerned about the other 300 killed that were NOT shooting at police.

The tally that you're so "delighted" about is now 475.

Could it be a result of "blind hatred" that was mentioned so many times?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Trusted Social Butterfly

475 People Shot & Killed by Police so far in 2017

[ Edited ]
Message 3 of 139 (175 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

I am obstinately devoted to my view that I am delighted that the police officers in the case below went home to dinner and the shooter didn't.

Sadly, you seem less concerned about the other 300 killed that were NOT shooting at police.

The tally that you're so "delighted" about is now 475.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Valued Social Butterfly

Re: 452 People Shot & Killed by Police so far in 2017

Message 4 of 139 (189 Views)

Centristsin2010 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Obviously there were not "bad cops" or "racist cops" involved in all those on your "victims" list. If you could simply get away from the over generalizations caused by your defense of that list, some reasonable discussion might be possible.

No one has said that there are "bad cops" or "racist cops" involved in all of those incidents in the data base provided (not "your victim's list). If you could "get away from" the erroneous assumptions that posting such a data base makes one a "police hater",  that they are talking about all police being bad, or that they think that all killings on the list could have been avoided, then some reasonable discussion might be possible.

Chas, it sure seems like one of the posters is obstinately devoted to his view, doesn't it?  Some just can't face the truth!

Meanwhile, in New York.....

Painting of Philando Castile's death on display in New York's Whitney Museum

itemprop

http://www.startribune.com/painting-of-philando-castile-s-death-on-display-in-new-york-s-whitney-mus...

and family was just awarded $3,000,000 for the neglegent killing.

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: 463 People Shot & Killed by Police So Far in 2017

Message 5 of 139 (205 Views)

Centristsin2010 wrote:

Fatal Force - 463 people have now been shot and killed by police so far in 2017.  We're on pace to surpass over 1,000 killed.

This database at the link below is based on news reports, public records, social media and other sources. Read about our methodology.

2017 database

Complete 2016 database at:

Complete 2015 database at:

The greatest country in the history of the world should be able to, and must, do better!

We should be supporting body camera's on all law enforcement personnel while engaging a "suspect".  We must demand more training on dealing with the mentally ill and de-escalating potentially violent situations.  Shooting a suspect in the back should not be tolerated.  Shooting someone because, "I thought they had a weapon" should not be an acceptable excuse.  "Fearing for one's life" while 3 or more law enforcement officers have their guns trained on an unarmed, or lightly armed (knife, stick, rock, Bible) suspect should not be tolerated.

Most agree that if a suspect is shooting at law enforcement personnel or others, it's reasonable to shoot the suspect, but in far too many cases, "shooting first and asking questions later" is not warranted or appropriate in a civilized society.  Getting the suspect in front of a judge must be a higher priority.

It seems that certain ones on the right here have not actually looked at all of the data included in the Washington Posts' Data Base that you have posted here. A rational person would naturally be concerned about the police killing any unarmed persons, any police killings that could have or should have been avoided whether a person was armed or not, and even how the number of legitimate killings could and should be reduced. Instead we hear "police haters" and such. Sad indeed.

Trusted Social Butterfly

464 People Shot & Killed by Police so far in 2017

Message 6 of 139 (207 Views)

Meanwhile, an unarmed teen was shot and killed by police in California....

One will say the cops got to go home and have a meal that night and he's so happy about it.

Meanwhile, a community grieves another unnecessary loss of life.

L.A. county police shoot at attacking pit bull, instead kill teen, authorities say

Sadly, he made the Washington Post's database.  He wasn't armed, nor was he shooting at police.  But he's dead at the hand of police.

Trusted Social Butterfly

464 People Shot & Killed by Police so far in 2017

Message 7 of 139 (209 Views)

Meanwhile, an unarmed teen was shot and killed by police in California....

One will say the cops got to go home and have a meal that night and he's so happy about it.

Meanwhile, a community grieves another unnecessary loss of life.

L.A. county police shoot at attacking pit bull, instead kill teen, authorities say

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 139 (211 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Obviously there were not "bad cops" or "racist cops" involved in all those on your "victims" list. If you could simply get away from the over generalizations caused by your defense of that list, some reasonable discussion might be possible.

No one has said that there are "bad cops" or "racist cops" involved in all of those incidents in the data base provided (not "your victim's list). If you could "get away from" the erroneous assumptions that posting such a data base makes one a "police hater",  that they are talking about all police being bad, or that they think that all killings on the list could have been avoided, then some reasonable discussion might be possible.

Chas, it sure seems like one of the posters is obstinately devoted to his view, doesn't it?  Some just can't face the truth!

Meanwhile, in New York.....

Painting of Philando Castile's death on display in New York's Whitney Museum

itemprop

http://www.startribune.com/painting-of-philando-castile-s-death-on-display-in-new-york-s-whitney-mus...

and family was just awarded $3,000,000 for the neglegent killing.

Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 9 of 139 (221 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 139 (227 Views)

Centristsin2010 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

You keep bringing up individual incidents in your apparent attempt to justify all of the unnecessary police killings included in the Washington Post's data base. Why is that?

Many 'unecessary police killings' include suspects that are armed, usually with something other than a gun but sometimes even those with guns. Still admission or concern about the number of unnecessary police killings?

My concern is about the entire number of police killings, both necessary and not. It is an ill of our society.

Is the Washington Post organization a "Police Hater"?

I've said this before and will try again - my objection is lumping the rare individual instances of inappropriate police actions with all the others where no inappropriate actions occurred. It gives a false impression.

As to the Post - I don't know what they are thinking.

If you have a problem with them being "lumped together" then you need to take that up with the Washington Post. Have you contacted them? Have you asked them "what they are thinking"?

Chas, who cares if he has an objection with a Washington Post database?  It's just more diversion because some are unable to discuss various subsets of data. "rk" only wants to discuss who goes home for dinner. May can't walk and chew gum at the same time.

The fact is, for hundreds of years no one knew how many people were killed by police, not even the FBI.  Many just assumed if the cops killed someone, they must have deserved it.  A few years ago, the Washington Post decided it was going to keep track of how many were killed by police.  this is an excellent source of information.  Yet some Conservatives want to discern who gets to go home for dinner.....just more intellectual dishonesty from the usual suspects.

Fact is, the police have shot and killed 461 people this year.  Don't "All Lives Matter"?  Can't we do better than this?  Of course we can.

Obviously there were not "bad cops" or "racist cops" involved in all those on your "victims" list. And, obviously no one said any such thing.  And obviously, implying such is either a lie or just more intellectual dishonesty.  If you could simply get away from the over generalizations caused by your defense of that list, some reasonable discussion might be possible.  LMAO.  And what "over generalizations" has anyone made?  The only one I've seen is your insisting there are "cop-haters" posting to this thread?  Your obstinate view is tiresome as you claim you know what other posters think and feel.  That's the only generalisation I've seen in these threads.  BTW...I've learned it's useless having any "reasonable discussion" years ago; it just doesn't work out.

When and if you come up with something beyond defending the anti-cop thinking of your "victims" list, let me know. This has gone round and round long enough.