How Does Your Brain Score? Take the Staying Sharp Brain Health Assessment

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 1,919
Registered: ‎01-24-2014

Re: 34 PATRIOTS DEFY TRUMP

Message 1 of 16 (31 Views)

ChasKy53 

Ya know, when you think about it, we should be more surprised that ANYONE  went to the WH in order to be SUBJECTED to the idiot, than we should be that some stayed home.


politics, cats, kids, and dogs!!
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 18,459
Registered: ‎11-07-2009

Re: 34 PATRIOTS DEFY TRUMP

Message 2 of 16 (35 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

What a shame, the radical left has managed to politicize even sports.


"Sports" has "politicized" itself.   Seems the "Radical" Right could see that.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Treasured Social Butterfly
Posts: 22,155
Registered: ‎07-11-2013

Re: 34 PATRIOTS DEFY TRUMP

Message 3 of 16 (47 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

What a shame, the radical left has managed to politicize even sports.


A while ago radical lefties managed to make things difficult for a racist guy named Donald who owned a basketball team - last name Sterling if memory serves...

 

Some years ago a profesional liar named Limbaugh got booted from a position involved with announcing and commentary regarding Football for racist comments...

 

Some blamed the radical left for Nixon's "difficulties"...

 

It was said that the radical left played a part in Goldwater's political demise...

 

Radical lefties have a long and honorable tradition to uphold.

 

 

 

He is useless on top of the ground; he ought to be under it, inspiring the cabbages. Puddinhead Wilson, Mark Twain 1894
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 23,505
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: 34 PATRIOTS DEFY TRUMP

Message 4 of 16 (52 Views)

What a shame, the radical left has managed to politicize even sports.

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 23,505
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: 34 PATRIOTS DEFY TRUMP

Message 5 of 16 (54 Views)

pc6063 wrote:

The Rk- Many  said yes because this is a free country with freethinkers, something I've been trying to get through to you in another thread, and, therefore;  people have different views. those who went felt fine about going.  those who didn't, have reasons for it.

Your point about those who didn't go saw the truth in the president's words makes absolutely no sense.  More than one of those players said they didn't feel welcome there.  that is because Trump is a racist and  they heard as we all heard trumps ignorant racist blatherings and stereo typical remarks.

you can deny that as much as you want,  but the fact is a fact, the truth is the truth.

RE:  RACISTS-It isn't  the left who has tried for years to suppress the black vote. it isn't our president who made those ridiculous stereotypical comments  which offended so many.

 With regard to trump telling the truth or with him being right about something,haven't seen it yet!


"Your point about those who didn't go saw the truth in the president's words makes absolutely no sense". You're right - it makes no sense and I didn't say it. Reread and try again.

 

RACISM - what stereotypical comments? The ones I responded to had to do with crime and poor schools - where is the racism in there??

 

The problem is that those on the left take the Party line about sexist, racist, homophobe, etc. etc. etc. as givens and feel no need to actually think about what they are saying.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Posts: 5,976
Registered: ‎09-08-2009

Re: 34 PATRIOTS DEFY TRUMP

Message 6 of 16 (64 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

It appears that occupydemocrat erred. I'm sure there is no bias involved. Simply a honest error that mislead some of our our "lefter" posters.

 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/04/19/patriots-white-house-visit-photos-obama-trump


From your link:

 

"About two dozen players skipped the White House visit. Quarterback Tom Brady missed the visit due to “personal family matters.” Some of the other players cited reasons pertaining to President Trump and his administration for skipping the visit." 

 

Thanks for the info.


In an effort to add even more Context & Clarity to the Issue

Gisele.png

Notice the Date of the Tweet

 

 Gisele’s quarterback husband, Tom Brady, skipped the White House trip Wednesday due to “personal family matters.” 

 

Source - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/gisele-anti-trump-tweet-patriots_us_58f8b553e4b070a117509569?2kk...

 

 

 

 

 

( " Eat Tic Tacs - Grope Woman - Become President " ) " - Anonymous

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 1,919
Registered: ‎01-24-2014

Re: 34 PATRIOTS DEFY TRUMP

[ Edited ]
Message 7 of 16 (80 Views)

The Rk- Many  said yes because this is a free country with freethinkers, something I've been trying to get through to you in another thread, and, therefore;  people have different views. those who went felt fine about going.  those who didn't, have reasons for it.

Your point about those who didn't go saw the truth in the president's words makes absolutely no sense.  More than one of those players said they didn't feel welcome there.  that is because Trump is a racist and  they heard as we all heard trumps ignorant racist blatherings and stereo typical remarks.

you can deny that as much as you want,  but the fact is a fact, the truth is the truth.

RE:  RACISTS-It isn't  the left who has tried for years to suppress the black vote. it isn't our president who made those ridiculous stereotypical comments  which offended so many.

 With regard to trump telling the truth or with him being right about something,haven't seen it yet!


politics, cats, kids, and dogs!!
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 23,505
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: 34 PATRIOTS DEFY TRUMP

Message 8 of 16 (85 Views)

pc6063 wrote:

Why would anyone of color feel wanted in the WH when Trump constantly spoke in stereotypical terms about blacks?

"You walk down the street, and you get shot."

Is that not true in many neighborhoods?

"Your schools are horrible."

Is that the first time you heard that?

These are just two of Trump's ridiculous blatherings, which most thinking Americans found very offensive, but of which idiot was proud to spew. 

No doubt in my mind why so many of these players said no. My question is this:

WHY DID SO MANY SAY YES? 

It is just possible that black people are smarter than the racists of the left give them credit for and can actually recognize the truth of President Tump's words.


 

Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 1,919
Registered: ‎01-24-2014

Re: 34 PATRIOTS DEFY TRUMP

[ Edited ]
Message 9 of 16 (95 Views)

Why would anyone of color feel wanted in the WH when Trump constantly spoke in stereotypical terms about blacks?

"You walk down the street, and you get shot."

"Your schools are horrible."

These are just two of Trump's ridiculous blatherings, which most thinking Americans found very offensive, but of which idiot was proud to spew. 

No doubt in my mind why so many of these players said no. My question is this:

WHY DID SO MANY SAY YES? 


politics, cats, kids, and dogs!!
Valued Social Butterfly
Posts: 18,459
Registered: ‎11-07-2009

Re: 34 PATRIOTS DEFY TRUMP

[ Edited ]
Message 10 of 16 (102 Views)

alferdpacker wrote:

The players/staff - for their own reasons - which they were in no manner whatsoever obligated to explain, justify, or discuss - declined to meet with Trump... 

 

 

 


And no matter how the Right tries to spin it, that's the truth. Even a source provided by the Right states that many players and others refused to show up, many because they admonish the actions of Trump.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"