Save 30% on AARP Smart Driver™ online course during Distracted Driving Awareness Month. Use code DDA

Trusted Social Butterfly

151 People Shot & Killed by Police so far in 2017

Message 11 of 14 (211 Views)

In less than a week, 30 more have been added to America's shame....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Trusted Social Butterfly

Re: 121 People Shot & Killed by Police so far in 2017

Message 12 of 14 (235 Views)

dw35993411 wrote:

.... and how many criminals and officers fall into your critical analysis of "could" have happened?  Are you paraphrasing here?  Obviously, they all "could have happened", because they did happen.

You present objective data and then blantely (sic) failed to analyze the data, in numeric terms, associated with your criticism. Actually there is no need for me to do the work for you.  All the data is there for you to inspect.  Had you checked yourself, you would have seen that 20% of the victims of police killings were mentally ill.  That seems to be acceptable to Conservatives.  Your subjective analysis is at best ... only an idea from a clear bias against law enforcement and doesn't even stand the plausible theory test.  Oh, but it does, year in and year out.  The is no bias against law enforcement here and some just suggesting such, doesn't make it so.  Pointing out situations where a few accept less than positive outcomes, is seeking better, more positive outcomes.

I would also add that in Chicago .... 2017 stats show 3 police shooting deaths and 3 wounded while 70 are murdered where lawlessness runs rampant.  And that is relevant to this topic, how?

So what's the real problemS? (sic) is it "just" law enforcement? Nope, it's also the acceptance that when a cop engages a suspect, if they kill them, it's "ok".  Sounds like something Al Sharpton would post.  Not worth responding to...

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Frequent Social Butterfly

Re: 121 People Shot & Killed by Police so far in 2017

Message 13 of 14 (237 Views)

.... and how many criminals and officers fall into your critical analysis of "could" have happened? 

You present objective data and then blantely failed to analyze the data, in numeric terms, associated with your criticism. Your subjective analysis is at best ... only an idea from a clear bias against law enforcement and doesn't even stand the plausible theory test. 

I would also add that in Chicago .... 2017 stats show 3 police shooting deaths and 3 wounded while 70 are murdered where lawlessness runs rampant.  

So what's the real problemS? is it "just" law enforcement? Sounds like something Al Sharpton would post.

I think, therefore I can't be a liberal
Trusted Social Butterfly

250 People Shot & Killed by Police so far in 2017

[ Edited ]
Message 14 of 14 (219 Views)

Fatal Force - 250 people have now been shot and killed by police so far in 2017.  We're on pace to surpass over 1,000 killed.

This database at the link below is based on news reports, public records, social media and other sources. Read about our methodology.

2017 database

Complete 2016 database at:

Complete 2015 database at:

The greatest country in the history of the world should be able to and must, do better!

We should be supporting body camera's on all law enforcement personnel while engaging a "suspect".  We must demand more training on dealing with the mentally ill and de-escalating potentially violent situations.  Shooting a suspect in the back should not be tolerated.  Shooting someone because, "I thought they had a weapon" should not be an acceptable excuse.  "Fearing for one's life" while 3 or more law enforcement officers have their guns trained on an unarmed, or lightly armed (knife, stick, rock, Bible) suspect should not be tolerated.

Most agree that if a suspect is shooting at law enforcement personnel or others, it's reasonable to shoot the suspect, but in far too many cases, "shooting first and asking questions later" is not warranted or appropriate in a civilized society.  Getting the suspect in front of a judge must be a higher priority.