AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: 21ST CENTURY FOX HAS JUST ANNOUNCED THAT BILL O'REILLY IS OUT!!

Message 21 of 105

alferdpacker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Fox has a large following, Limbaugh has a large following. Instead of the radical left trying to suppress via boycotting, wouldn't it be interesting if they could come up with some competition. Air America failed. MSNBC is limping.

Maybe the radical left only has enough "warm bodies" to attack people and police cars with their mobs on the street.

Nope.  

There were between two and three times as many that participated in the Women's March as showed up at Trump's inauguration.

Remember - only 26% of the elegible voters voted for him - a minority of the popular vote.

Trump's approval is the lowest of any president in the last 70 years and thus far is still dropping - slowly but surely...

Strange, we were discussing O"Reilly and his competitors and there is President Trump smack dab in the middle of a post. I had not heard that he was looking to become a broadcaster.

And then there is the Women's March (the "demonstration du jour" for the radical left). Are they going to "march" into a TV studio or possibly a radio studio?

Observe the portion of your post highlighted in red that's only a guess at best.

My post is a fact based refutation of that incorrect implication.

Cool!!! With "the numbers" I guess we can look forward to a rebirth of Air America as competition for Limbaugh etal and new life breathed into MSNBC as competition for Fox.

Report Inappropriate Content
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 22 of 105

rk9152 wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Fox has a large following, Limbaugh has a large following. Instead of the radical left trying to suppress via boycotting, wouldn't it be interesting if they could come up with some competition. Air America failed. MSNBC is limping.

Maybe the radical left only has enough "warm bodies" to attack people and police cars with their mobs on the street.

Nope.  

There were between two and three times as many that participated in the Women's March as showed up at Trump's inauguration.

Remember - only 26% of the elegible voters voted for him - a minority of the popular vote.

Trump's approval is the lowest of any president in the last 70 years and thus far is still dropping - slowly but surely...

Strange, we were discussing O"Reilly and his competitors and there is President Trump smack dab in the middle of a post. I had not heard that he was looking to become a broadcaster.

And then there is the Women's March (the "demonstration du jour" for the radical left). Are they going to "march" into a TV studio or possibly a radio studio?

Observe the portion of your post highlighted in red that's only a guess at best.

My post is a fact based refutation of that incorrect implication.

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 23 of 105

alferdpacker wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

Limbaugh didn't lose a significant portion of his sponsors and advertisers for any reason other than the fact that enough people wrote, called and emailed to his sponsors saying that they would not purchase or use the sponsors products as long as the sponsor advertised on Limbaush's show and supported him.

That was a citizen driven and supported boycott by multiple thousands of people.   

A whole big bunch of "we the people" spoke up, were heard, and their words and opinions were paid attention to and taken seriously...

It traces it's origin back to a traditional practice that is far older than this nation.

It originated as a form of censure sometimes called "shunning" that was mentioned in the New Testament.

One might say it is a tradition.

Nope.  

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 24 of 105
myexper posted..

Does nothing to change the fact that your accusation was unsubstantiated.

====================================================
Not accusation....the accusation were in your "list" ...all without anything to back them up.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 25 of 105

KidBoy2 wrote:
myexper posted..

Do you care?
Absolutely ...... That's why I posted O'Reilly's lies and not "opinions" nor any "wrong information" nor have I "made things" up as your unsubstantiated false accusation states.

======================================================

"nor have I "made things" up as your unsubstantiated false accusation states."

I have never said that you made things up....you did not make that list...who made that list did.

Does nothing to change the fact that your accusation was unsubstantiated.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 26 of 105

Hey rker- I heard that discussion myself.  This indicates how low morals are perceived have sunk here in the United States,  and why we must keep out guys like O'Reilly. get them out of  mainstream media, so that our children won't be infected by their poison,  and so the rest of the world won't think that we are a amoral nation.  

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 27 of 105

I believe that the purchase by Murdock pending in London of Sky News is also one of the reasons that O'Reilly is out. Apparently in England that are pickier about who buys or has access to the Media.
Perhaps that is something to emulate.
The Murdocks couldn't afford to have on their payroll  anyone as sleazy  as O'Reilly.
The English would have objected and they wouldn't have been able to complete the purchase.

Message 28 of 105

pc6063 wrote:

Hey alferdpacker

your post explains what a huge liability both of these sexual predators were to FOX-(so called) News.

Isn't it sad that it came down to a matter of dollars and sense and not human morality that caused O'Reilly and Alies to be dismissed?

Human Morality?

Fox has repeatedly demonstrated a lack of that.

Message 29 of 105

rk9152 wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

Limbaugh didn't lose a significant portion of his sponsors and advertisers for any reason other than the fact that enough people wrote, called and emailed to his sponsors saying that they would not purchase or use the sponsors products as long as the sponsor advertised on Limbaush's show and supported him.

That was a citizen driven and supported boycott by multiple thousands of people.   

A whole big bunch of "we the people" spoke up, were heard, and their words and opinions were paid attention to and taken seriously...

It traces it's origin back to a traditional practice that is far older than this nation.

It originated as a form of censure sometimes called "shunning" that was mentioned in the New Testament.

One might say it is a tradition.

Nope.  

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 30 of 105

Hey alferdpacker

your post explains what a huge liability both of these sexual predators were to FOX-(so called) News.

Isn't it sad that it came down to a matter of dollars and sense and not human morality that caused O'Reilly and Alies to be dismissed?

Gee, I miss having a real President!!