How Does Your Brain Score? Take the Staying Sharp Brain Health Assessment

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: 21ST CENTURY FOX HAS JUST ANNOUNCED THAT BILL O'REILLY IS OUT!!

Message 1 of 99 (15 Views)

rker321 wrote:

Right here in this message board is the best example as to why and how these men used to flourish  in the past.

rk9152 wrote:

I hope that the women amongst us understand that it is difficult to interpret the new rules. For example, if a woman goes to considerable lengths to look attractive, is it offensive for a man to point out that she looks attractive?  To actually state that just because a wome tries to be as attractive as she possibly can. if the man offers a compliment that is classy and not in any manner inappropiate ie. "Mary, you look nice today."  there is nothing bad about that. but if a man simply tells a woman in an office environment "Hey chick, you look hot today" that may be considered offensive. and of course low class.
It's in the words, the actions the look that is directed at parts of a female body, I don't think that I have to point out etiquette on any male in this message board for them not to know or feigh to know what is proper and what is not. Please!!!!! give me a break.

On a regular basis I look at my bride appreciatively and say, "Love ya, Babe". Am I a male chauvinist pig for the looks or the words? 
You can tell your bride whatever you want.as any husband has done for centuries. and I am sure that if "his bride" has any feeling for the husband will not find anything innaproprrate on his words. Perhaps the reaction of a bride stating that he is a chauvist pig could be because she is already looking for  an  attorney. But I am sure that you already knew that.

There were legitimate questions in there, not something to elicit insults or snark.

Again, if a woman chooses to look as attractive as she can, is it offensive to compliment her appearance?

Why would you insult my bride? It may well be she cares about her appearance and appreciates compliments.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 99 (28 Views)

Myexper-- I saw that interview with that young lady , and it was clear that it did upset her that he continuously called her "hot chocolate." 

Now,  here's a test most good old boys don't want to think about. how would they feel if their wife went to work and was sexually harassed by anybody?  

You can bet that a heartbeat wouldn't go past before the man was out the door on his way down to the place of the woman's employment.

It doesn't matter who did it, whether it was O'Reilly or Joe from dowm the street. What matters is that it was done, and it was wrong. 

Anyone who uses the  power that he or she has in the workplace to harass or to demean anybody,  needs to leave.

Again I will ask,  what if one of the victims was your wife?

politics, cats, kids, and dogs!!
Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 3 of 99 (38 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Since I was not present I obviously have no idea as to anything O'Reilly said or the context but all of this does truly illustrate our our definition of terms has gone askew.

I saw one of his accusers on TV the other day. She complained that he once said, "Lookin' good, girl".

I have no idea what she looked like at the time of the comment but the woman I saw was very attractive, she was, in fact, "Lookin' good". More than that her clothes, hairstyle and makeup clearly indicated that "Lookin' good" was her intent.

Her other complaint was that the word "girl" had slave connotations. On the other hand, she was, I believe, an intern at the time and O'Reilly was no spring chicken. So, could the meaning not have been more innocent?

There were other claims made and, again, I wasn't there so I have no idea - but that particular one indicates how strange our use of the language has become in the interests of PC.

Merely "in the interests of PC"? .... Nooo .... more like in the interests of human dignity!

How about the black woman who accused O'Reilly of calling her "hot chocolate"?

Old Bill spewed out a double hitter with that brainless comment  .... sexist and racist.

The blatant sexism and racism in that single comment would be far beyond your diminishing of "in the interests of PC".

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 99 (43 Views)

Right here in this message board is the best example as to why and how these men used to flourish  in the past.

rk9152 wrote:

I hope that the women amongst us understand that it is difficult to interpret the new rules. For example, if a woman goes to considerable lengths to look attractive, is it offensive for a man to point out that she looks attractive?  To actually state that just because a wome tries to be as attractive as she possibly can. if the man offers a compliment that is classy and not in any manner inappropiate ie. "Mary, you look nice today."  there is nothing bad about that. but if a man simply tells a woman in an office environment "Hey chick, you look hot today" that may be considered offensive. and of course low class.
It's in the words, the actions the look that is directed at parts of a female body, I don't think that I have to point out etiquette on any male in this message board for them not to know or feigh to know what is proper and what is not. Please!!!!! give me a break.

On a regular basis I look at my bride appreciatively and say, "Love ya, Babe". Am I a male chauvinist pig for the looks or the words? 
You can tell your bride whatever you want.as any husband has done for centuries. and I am sure that if "his bride" has any feeling for the husband will not find anything innaproprrate on his words. Perhaps the reaction of a bride stating that he is a chauvist pig could be because she is already looking for  an  attorney. But I am sure that you already knew that.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 99 (56 Views)

Rker-Unfortunately this behavior still exists, but as you so aptly point out, is certainly becoming less tolerable. 

Cosby, Ailes, Trump, O'Reilly- all three disgusting, old, overbearing mem whose overblown egos lef them to believe that they could do and say anything they wanted because of their status.

Three have been removed from their pedestals; hopefully in time Trump will be removed from his in vrry short order.

Treasured Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 6 of 99 (61 Views)

pc6063 wrote:

AP-- living in the world of reality as I do,  it was my understanding that O'Reilly was booted out because he is a serial sexual predator and is also a serial harasser of women. 

Where the real world,  would this appalling behavior  be considered chivalrous?

Just wondering!

Well - there are civilized portions of the world where such behavior is anathema...

And on the other hand, there are conservative ghettos of malfeasance, depravity and perversion - AKA Fox...

It always was far less important that he did all of that - it's that he got caught, resulting in bad publicity, settlement costs, and loss of revenue from somewhere around a hundred sponsors/advertisers...  

There's no question - the money was far more important to Fox than the issue of the pattern of sexual predation upon female employees was...

He is useless on top of the ground; he ought to be under it, inspiring the cabbages. Puddinhead Wilson, Mark Twain 1894
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 99 (66 Views)

I hope that the women amongst us understand that it is difficult to interpret the new rules. For example, if a woman goes to considerable lengths to look attractive, is it offensive for a man to point out that she looks attractive?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 99 (74 Views)

Oh!!!!!! the never ending question has finally appeared.
O'Reilly was the typical male with power in a corporation that flourished years ago. it was in the culture that was accepted by the males.
It is simply not acceptable now. Look what happened to Bill Cosby. and others.they are old men that abused their status at a time that was a way of life.
What ever men think these days, I do believe that the new male generation has different values and understanding that the old men.

So, perhaps that is the reason as to why the lack of credibility that many see in this situation or perhaps the lack of important attached to certain things or doings.

Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 9 of 99 (76 Views)

AP-- living in the world of reality as I do,  it was my understanding that O'Reilly was booted out because he is a serial sexual predator and is also a serial harasser of women. 

Where in  the real world,  would this appalling behavior  be considered chivalrous?

Just wondering!

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 99 (75 Views)

alferdpacker wrote:

So he got fired for being a "good guy" who was always the very heart and soul of chivalry?

Of course Fox ultimately having to pay out somewhere in the range of $75 million for Ailes and O'Rielly  has nothing to do with their getting booted out?

So who made that claim??