How Prescription Drugs Are Pinching Your Pocketbook on 'AARP Live' at 10 p.m. ET Online or on RFD-TV

Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly

Re: loss of long time poster on Front Porch

Message 1 of 11 (133 Views)

@doglover52, Thanks for posting this, Sue. I didn't know Margaret, but I did enjoy reading her posts. Heart

Respected Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 2 of 11 (154 Views)

Margaret let us into her world in a unique way.  She would share thoughts & feelings at a particular point in time,  sad, joyous or just random musings.  This is a type of intimate communication, a gift of the giver  which requires a certain amount of trust.  It was certainly a gift to the recipients. 

vita umbratilis

Message 3 of 11 (165 Views)

I will continue to miss her heartfelt posts on the Dogs, Cats and Pets.  

vita umbratilis
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 11 (270 Views)

@doglover52  Sue, thank you for sending card to Margaret's family on behalf of her AARP friends.

Margaret shared nostalgic, amusing, reflective, and uplifting thoughts and moods with us, via her AARP posts.  She had a knack for making even the mundane interesting and delightful.  I loved her posts and I loved her as a gracious, unique, and good lady who had a deep appreciation for her life and life in general.  ☺♥

I spoke with her three days before her passing and she seemed accepting of her terminal illness and knew she was failing fast.  Margaret expressed gratitude for the full life and many blessings she had enjoyed.

Margaret also mentioned her dog, Rosie.  She said Rosie's behavior had altered recently - she felt Rosie sensed what was transpiring with her.

I was pleased to see mention of both Rosie and Daisy in Margaret's obituary.  I trust she is now resting in peace, with her beloved husband and parents, and Jasmine, Patches, and other pets she had loved over the years.   Pam  

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 11 (297 Views)

Margaret's full obituary is now posted on the funeral home website.Her memorial service is Mon,July 10th.

This morning,I sent a sympathy card to her son,Buddy and other family members on behalf of this group

I never met Margaret in person,over the years I felt I knew her whenever she posted. The times I  talked to her on the phone,always enjoyed listening to her southern drawl. Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 11 (303 Views)

I do remember her postings about Rosie; it's sad to hear that Margaret was that ill & passed away. Over the years I've lost 3 good friends from Online Community.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 11 (326 Views)

@doglover52 Thank you for posting this information about Margarets passing. I also checked but there has not been a full obituary posted yet.

This group has been very close and I often wonder when someone has not posted for a while if they are to ill to post or if they have passed.

Margaret was always so positive in her posts and added to the group when she did post.

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Community Manager

Message 8 of 11 (369 Views)

Thank you so much for posting this message.  She was such a great user on this site and she will be dearly missed by all of us in the AARP Community forums.

AARPTeri

Message 9 of 11 (371 Views)

For anyone interested, I found this: http://smith-williams.tributes.com/dignitymemorial/obituary/Margaret-Jane-Townsend-104958227

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving

Message 10 of 11 (380 Views)
This is sad news. I had not seen her posts about her fur babies for some time. She was a caring and lovely lady. I didn't meet her, but learned this from reading her posts.

Soosie