Re: Yogi Tea and Sometimes Teccino

Message 1 of 7 (473 Views)

🌈🇱🇷❤️🙏😇🌈

Treasured Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 2 of 7 (650 Views)

ToniLo wrote:

All these mixtures of different teas sound like something i might give a try.  One of my sons is a believer in the help of   natural healing. After my knee surgery 2 months ago he brought me numerouse teas to try, that had tremendouse calming affects, eliminating the use of so many pain killers. I'm making a list of these teas to use in my new '' Sun Tea Bottle '' 

Thank you for sharing!

@ToniLo Thinking you were not just talking about my list of homegrown tea ingredients, but since I did make a list here, let me give the blip-verts of what we use each herb for. Every herb listed has other medicinal properties. For brevity (this is going to be long anyway) I'm only going to mention the main reason I put each ingredient in our hot and cold tea blends. Smiley Happy We only use organic growing practices. Indeed I warn you away from ever using any part of a rose that is not organic, as roses in particular store soil toxins systemically.

Stinging nettle: allergy relief, has a lovely green tea-ish flavor.

Red rose leaves and petals: leaves add an English Breakfast tea quailty; is known to help purge body of impurities. Petals offer a lovely warm color and delicate scent.

Lemon balm: helps elevate moods; has wonderful lemony-mint flavor and aroma.

Peppermint: also helps elevate moods; adds tinge of mint aroma and spicy flavor.

Bergamot leaves and flowers: use a mixture of foraged and homegrown (the wild stuff found some 1,500 feet higher in the forest seems better to me). Bergamot is a mint, the leaves have a bold tea flavor. The dried flowers add a sweet scent.

French tarragon has a flavor reminiscent of anise. It is a digestive aid. Be selective and careful when buying French Tarragon plants, as most sold in stores, I am told by a local professor, are not true Fr Tarragon.

Lemon thyme: an anti-inflammatory herb with a delicate yet spicy lemon flavor.

Echinacea: grows wild on the property; used to support our immune systems. 

Goldenrod: grows wild on the property, use it to aid in allergy relief.

St John's wort: use this in tea to augment DH's SJW tincture, which he uses to combat SAD & low serotonin levels. 

Do not grow this one here (actually, I tried but failed miserably), but add green tea for its anti-cancer properties and brain function benefits.

Again, this is not an exhaustive list of medicinal properties of any of these ingredients, and while I have studied and practiced herbalism for many years, I am not giving medical advice, nor am I suggesting anyone jump in and try making herbal tea blends without first conducting due diligence and study. Some herbs interact with pharmaceutical medicines. 

Smiley Happy Good health to you!

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Gold Conversationalist

Message 3 of 7 (660 Views)

All these mixtures of different teas sound like something i might give a try.  One of my sons is a believer in the help of   natural healing. After my knee surgery 2 months ago he brought me numerouse teas to try, that had tremendouse calming affects, eliminating the use of so many pain killers. I'm making a list of these teas to use in my new '' Sun Tea Bottle '' 

Thank you for sharing!

[ Edited ]
Message 4 of 7 (688 Views)

@DaveMcK Loves me some sun tea!  

I grow a lot of tea ingredients (stinging nettle, red rose leaves and petals, lemon balm, peppermint, bergamot, French tarragon, lemon thyme, echinacea, goldenrod and if for DH only, St John's wort), so make a blend of those and often add a green tea teabag in a gallon jar of water and set it in the sun.

Good stuff! Smiley Happy

Edit: added previously forgotten homemade loose leaf tea blend ingredients

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving

[ Edited ]
Message 5 of 7 (698 Views)

My wife is the tea lover in the house and she has several types for her afternoon tea. In warm weather I like ice tea with no sugar. Need to get back to making sun tea again.

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper

Message 6 of 7 (721 Views)

Hi @Rainbowhope! Good to see you. Smiley Happy

Nice quote (and reminder). Thanks!

You take care and be safe down there during these next few days of wild weather! We're forecast up to 18 inches of snow! My poor fruit trees!

Gold Conversationalist

Yogi Tea and Sometimes Teccino

Message 7 of 7 (723 Views)

"Happiness is actually an art of living, which is in us." Quote from my Lavender Yogi Tea in the morning.

I like Teccino Tea also, with Chicory, which helps boost it's flavor.

I also like Camomile Tea.