Respected Social Butterfly

Re: What is your 4th of July tradition?

Message 1 of 19 (409 Views)

I am the only one who watches Yankee Doodle Dandy on the 4th?  Woman Surprised

vita umbratilis
Super Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 19 (484 Views)

I blow off a couple hundred bucks worth of sky rockets and drink a couple six packs.

Info Seeker

Message 3 of 19 (545 Views)

I go to a local parade every year. Then I have a cookout with family.

Info Seeker

Message 4 of 19 (613 Views)

We set out to find the best firework show and watch them.

Conversationalist

Message 5 of 19 (621 Views)
Great post! Lots of fun, happy memories not unlike my own. Thanks for sharing!
Info Seeker

Message 6 of 19 (651 Views)

Celebrating our Wedding Anniversary. This is our 10th! Yrs, I got my traditional chocolate diamond rings a d 10 years ago there was a special fireworks display for us! Every single year since there have been "special" fireworks. I am blessed with a truly awesome husband. He has been there when I was healthy and picked up where I cannot since becoming severely disabled. He cooks, clean., food shops, does laundry and works. All without one single comaint. I know he love me and that I value, appreciate and love him more every single day! I am a truly blessed woman. Men like him are extremely rare.

Conversationalist

Message 7 of 19 (699 Views)

I have had enough of hearing illegal pyrotechnics for the last four nights.  Call today what it has become--Fireworks Day.  Take it off the calendar as a holiday, and make it an observance--no day off.  I know what John Adams said about how the 4th should be celebrated, and during his lifetime, and the years that Great Britain was still an adversary of the U. S., patriotic celebrations were still in order.  However, since the U.K. has been a staunch ally for the past 100 years, there is less reason to party regarding the separation.  No longer are Thomas Jefferson's words read in the town square to acclaim.  Now, it is just about the fireworks, and the grilling.  Therefore, change the Fourth of July designation from Independence Day to Fireworks Day, I'm sure most people won't agree with me, and maybe I'm getting to be a cynical curmudgeon, but so be it.  

Silver Conversationalist

Message 8 of 19 (834 Views)

The 4th of July is just another day that the Lord has given, it is not for black;'s or any other human that was brough to this country as slaves to work for nothing and be murdered and starved . working from sun up to sun down so other could be rich a make laws that was an injustice to those that was different. The 4th is not for me so I just thank the Lord for this day and all the days that his mercy and grace give to me each day:

Conversationalist

Re: What is your 4th of July tradition? : TRAVEL TRAVEL TRAVEL

Message 9 of 19 (2,005 Views)

4th of July means travel--getting out to see the US National Parks this 4th of July--hiking in Mt Rushmore.

I would not do this without travel insurance, though.  AARP.org found us CSA TRAVEL PROTECTION

CSA is affordable and give us coverages while doing activities in travel time.  Happy4th!

Super Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 19 (2,071 Views)

I blow off a couple hundred bucks worth of sky rockets and drink a couple six packs.