Penalties Loom for ACA Enrollees Who Don’t Switch to Medicare by Sept. 30. Read More

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Today (6/14) is Flag Day!

Message 1 of 5 (260 Views)

@LaDolceVita - I live in a small suburb, but it's the local historical society that puts on programs for various events, not the municipality itself. I wonder if the town would do something, if the historical society wasn't there!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Respected Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 5 (268 Views)

@ASTRAEA I like small town things and I long to live in a small town!  Woman Frustrated.  

I spent much of my childhood in Chicago & our neighborhood there had that small town feel.  I live in an exurb now & there is no community feeling.  People knew one another when I moved here, it was a rural small town but the area became populated so fast that there is no sense of community here.  

vita umbratilis

Message 3 of 5 (335 Views)

Enjoy the Patriotic Music!

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 5 (337 Views)

My flag is flying !

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"

Today (6/14) is Flag Day!

Message 5 of 5 (345 Views)

Are you doing anything to observe Flag Day?

Do you live in a town or belong to a cultural society, that celebrates various historic events like that?

I'm heading to my town's historical society event for Flag Day in a little while. For Memorial Day, they have presentations about the various wars, and the participation of local residents in them. Maybe it's a small town thing.